Wins needed to make 2021 NCAA tourney | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Wins needed to make 2021 NCAA tourney

Reaction Score
I know this is not a "football', aka soccer post, but........................"Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea.........Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea".

Go BLUES!

Reaction Score
Ask this. If UConn doesn't win the Big East tourney, with its automatic bid; which squad is better? UConn or Fairfield? Any doubt which belongs in the NCAAs?

Sorry Fairfield. I really wanted you in, but you blew it.
Those are not mutually exclusive statements, there's more than 1 at large bid

Reaction Score
The spitballing continues....

1. Notre Dame (#5 National seed)
2. Connecticut*
3. Indiana
4. CMU

There was a quick update last night by Baseball America after yesterday’s results. No change in projected Regional but ND dropped a few seed spots and Indiana out - Indiana St in.

1. Notre Dame (#7 National seed)
2. Connecticut*
3. Indiana St
4. CMU

(Fairfield still the #3 seed in #1 Arkansas’ Regional)

Reaction Score
There was a quick update last night by Baseball America after yesterday’s results. No change in projected Regional but ND dropped a few seed spots and Indiana out - Indiana St in.

2. Connecticut*
3. Indiana St
4. CMU

Be careful what you wish for because it may come true. But I really like this bracket for us

Reaction Score
I'm only speaking of what should happen. They far more than earned themselves the right to see how they compete against bigger schools. One bad series which you came into at 2 or 3 in RPI doesn't change that.

I understand not paying attention to an RPI that doesn't make sense when it comes to seeding, as happened with Colgate in the basketball tournament. But not inviting a team that has been that high all year would be absolutely criminal. The purpose of the tournament is to find the best. We don't know that Fairfield isn't the best. I highly doubt it but we just don't know. We do know whomever the last at large selection will be, who finished tenth in the SEC or 9th in the ACC or whatever, is not the best team.
Exactly. I always at that. Big conferences in any sport get so over rated in the middle layer it is ridiculous. Fairfield has had an amazing run. They deserve a bid over for what the accomplished over some mid level team from a power league.

Reaction Score
Well, I just looked it up. The last time UConn baseball did not make the semifinal round in a post season double elimination conference tournament was 2008 in the old Big East. All those tournaments had 8 teams in them. That is some run for UConn.

So, including the 2009 season, UConn has made it to semi final Saturday every season the post season conference tournament was held except for the 2014 season when the AAC shifted away from the traditional college baseball double elimination tourney set up, which they quickly readopted the following season. In all those seasons these tournaments had an 8 team field. This season, of course the Big East had a 4 team field. At any rate, UConn is in the Big East Tournament Finals tomorrow. UConn also made the finals in their conference tournaments in 2019, 2018, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2009 during this run of making the semi finals in conference tournaments. In addition, UConn make the finals in the 2007 Big East tournament as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UCF plays winner of tonight’s Tulane/USF game:

This is interesting to me since Tulane lost later last night. Looks like ECU and the winner of UCF/USF get the two bids. Earlier projections listed Tulane with a possible bid.

Reaction Score

2. Connecticut*
3. Indiana St
4. CMU

Latest Baseball America update:

No change for UConn:

2. Connecticut*
3. Indiana St
4. CMU

*Fairfield has been moved to the Tucson Regional as a “last 4 in” 3 seed.

Reaction Score
Pick a region, any region. #anywhereanyone

1. Arizona (#4 National seed)
2. Connecticut*
3. UC Santa Barbara
4. Grand Canyon*

Other teams of note: Texas Tech (7) National seed. USM - 2 seed, Virginia - 3 seed and Bryant - 4 seed.

(Fairfield a 3 seed in Gainesville bracket)

Welp... D1 pushed another projection through...

1. Texas (#3 National seed)
2. Connecticut*
3. Michigan
4. Bryant*

Other teams of note: Texas Tech (12) National seed. USM - 2 seed, Virginia - 2 seed and Bryant - 4 seed.

(Fairfield a 3 seed in Gainesville bracket as one of “Last 5 in”)

Reaction Score
I enjoy the Notre Dame bracket far more than I enjoy this one. Playing Michigan would be a great matchup tho. Bryant and Central Connecticut have a game 7 today in the NEC tourney at Dodd. Supposed to be today but with the weather, I doubt it’s gonna happen

Reaction Score
I’ve really always hated how they send us out to a regional with another local team. 2010 they kept CCSU in our regional and in 2011 they sent Sacred Heart to Clemson with us. I just always felt that was weird to just loop the two northeast teams together when we’ve already played them at least once during the year.

Reaction Score
I enjoy the Notre Dame bracket far more than I enjoy this one. Playing Michigan would be a great matchup tho. Bryant and Central Connecticut have a game 7 today in the NEC tourney at Dodd. Supposed to be today but with the weather, I doubt it’s gonna happen

Right now the NEC championship game is still on. I live in Norwich, and it is quite wet here to say the least. I will say that in the past, the Dodd Stadium field has had some problems with drainage after heavy rains. I say that as a long time season ticket holder to Norwich minor league teams, and now as a season ticket holder to the Futures League team.

Reaction Score
Here are the 16 Regional hosts per D1 Baseball.

Austin, Texas (Texas) — 42-15
Columbia, S.C. (South Carolina) — 33-21
Eugene, Oregon (Oregon) — 37-14
Fayetteville, Ark. (Arkansas) — 45-10
Fort Worth, Texas (TCU) — 39-17
Gainesville, Fla. (Florida) — 38-20
Greenville, N.C. (East Carolina) — 41-15
Knoxville, Tenn. (Tennessee) — 45-15
Lubbock, Texas (Texas Tech) — 36-15
Nashville, Tenn. (Vanderbilt) — 40-15
Oxford, Miss. (Ole Miss) — 41-19
Ruston, La. (Louisiana Tech) — 40-17