Wins needed to make 2021 NCAA tourney | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Wins needed to make 2021 NCAA tourney

Reaction Score
Penders has gotten the program to the point where they get the benefit of the doubt, at least from a number of college baseball media members.

that, in and of itself, is one of his more impressive accomplishments.

Yeah, it's just possible that these guys have noticed the number of major league players and MLB draft picks that the UConn baseball program has produced, and that UConn baseball has made 6 out of the last 10 NCAA tournaments, and it sure is looking like 7 out of 11 is just around the corner. And UConn and Penders did this while being from the northeast part of the country that was for years pretty much ignored by college baseball circles, and from a school that is not a member of a P5 conference.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's just possible that these guys have noticed the number of major league players and MLB draft picks that the UConn baseball program has produced, and that UConn baseball has made 6 out of the last 10 NCAA tournaments, and it sure is looking like 7 out of 11 is just around the corner. And UConn and Penders did this while being from the northeast part of the country that was for years pretty much ignored by college baseball circles, and from a school that is not a member of a P5 conference.

Yeah I can see how what I said could come across as a backhanded compliment. Definitely not my intent though

Reaction Score

Onto to Ruston Louisiana this week;

1. LaTech (15 National seed)
2. Stanford
3. Tulane
4. UConn*

Other teams of note: Texas Tech - #10 National seed, USM - 2 seed, UVA - 3 seed and Bryant - 4 seed

Out of Ruston and into Oxford Mississippi:

1. Ole Miss (12 National seed)
2. Southern Miss
3. Connecticut*
4. South Alabama*

Other teams of note: Texas Tech - #8 National seed, UVA - 3 seed and Bryant - 4 seed

(Fairfield - 3 seed in #1 Arkansas’ Regional)

Reaction Score
Just a potential stolen bid right? They're just in the loser's bracket now but can still win the auto bid

Reaction Score
Out of Ruston and into Oxford Mississippi:

1. Ole Miss (12 National seed)
2. Southern Miss
3. Connecticut*
4. South Alabama*

Other teams of note: Texas Tech - #8 National seed, UVA - 3 seed and Bryant - 4 seed

Baseball America pushed another projection through last night so off we go to another regional. Knoxville here we come.

1. Tennessee (#7 National seed)
2. Georgia Tech
3. Connecticut*
4. Wofford*

Other teams of note: Texas Tech - #6 National seed, UVA - 3 seed and Bryant - 4 seed

AAC is a one bid league here.

Reaction Score
Think I’d rather be a 3 seed somewhere else... ;)

1. Vanderbilt (2 National seed)
2. Connecticut*
3. Maryland
4. Southeast Missouri State*

Other teams of note: Texas Tech (8) National seed. USM - 2 seed, Virginia - 3 seed and Bryant - 4 seed.

(Fairfield a 3 seed in Gainesville bracket)

Pick a region, any region. #anywhereanyone

1. Arizona (#4 National seed)
2. Connecticut*
3. UC Santa Barbara
4. Grand Canyon*

Other teams of note: Texas Tech (7) National seed. USM - 2 seed, Virginia - 3 seed and Bryant - 4 seed.

(Fairfield a 3 seed in Gainesville bracket)

Reaction Score
I have yet to see a single predictions that seeds us as high as our RPI would. Hopefully the Committee is more computer reliant this strange season than normally. Because i we hold an RPI of 20, you'd hope to play the 13 seed nationally, not the 4 seed.

Reaction Score
We just keep rolling. Let’s get a win tonight and get into championship game. Clicking on all cylinders. My hope is that we win BE tourney. With the way we played at end of year and our RPI being currently 21, I think we would deserve a 2 seed.

Let’s say our RPI ends at 21, that means we have the 5th best RPI for a 2nd seed. That should mean we should be placed in a bracket with #12 number 1 seed. I know that logic is not exactly how it is decided, but would be very disappointed to be placed in a top 5 number 1 seed regional.

I will update my chart one last time after BE Tournament.

Go Huskies !!!

Reaction Score
Baseball America pushed another projection through last night so off we go to another regional. Knoxville here we come.

1. Tennessee (#7 National seed)
2. Georgia Tech
3. Connecticut*
4. Wofford*

Other teams of note: Texas Tech - #6 National seed, UVA - 3 seed and Bryant - 4 seed

AAC is a one bid league here.

The spitballing continues....

1. Notre Dame (#5 National seed)
2. Connecticut*
3. Indiana
4. CMU

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Fairfield shouldn't be anywhere near the danger zone. It absolutely deserves to be going at 38-3 or whatever.
I don’t necessarily disagree but others don’t have it as clearcut from a committee perspective (let me know if folks can’t access):

Reaction Score
I don’t necessarily disagree but others don’t have it as clearcut from a committee perspective (let me know if folks can’t access):

I'm only speaking of what should happen. They far more than earned themselves the right to see how they compete against bigger schools. One bad series which you came into at 2 or 3 in RPI doesn't change that.

I understand not paying attention to an RPI that doesn't make sense when it comes to seeding, as happened with Colgate in the basketball tournament. But not inviting a team that has been that high all year would be absolutely criminal. The purpose of the tournament is to find the best. We don't know that Fairfield isn't the best. I highly doubt it but we just don't know. We do know whomever the last at large selection will be, who finished tenth in the SEC or 9th in the ACC or whatever, is not the best team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Fairfield shouldn't be anywhere near the danger zone. It absolutely deserves to be going at 38-3 or whatever.
Yep, I didn't know if the lack of top 50 wins prejudices them. RPI looks great though:

1622241940681.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom