Wins needed for a NCAA at large bid | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Wins needed for a NCAA at large bid

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Well Houston is stomping Memphis so that's another positive for the at large hopes. If UConn wins two today I think they're a virtual lock for the tournament unless there is some crazy stuff going on in the other conferences like a bunch of 50-10 teams losing their championship games in weak conferences.

Reaction Score
Well Houston is stomping Memphis so that's another positive for the at large hopes. If UConn wins two today I think they're a virtual lock for the tournament unless there is some crazy stuff going on in the other conferences like a bunch of 50-10 teams losing their championship games in weak conferences.

Does the AAC tourney have a mercy rule?

Reaction Score
So this format is double elimination up til a winner take all final?

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score

mets1090

Reaction Score
Probably in trouble right now. Perhaps in their quest to extend the reach of college baseball they'll be lenient for UConn :confused:

Still 6 outs left. Comeback would make me feel a lot better.

Reaction Score
That game was ours to win, we just didn't get it done. We had a lot of chances to bury them, we still might get in. Also I would like to say that the men did a great job and never quit, im proud of them. We showed a lot of people what UConn is all about. GO HUSKIES

Reaction Score
That game was ours to win, we just didn't get it done. We had a lot of chances to bury them, we still might get in. Also I would like to say that the men did a great job and never quit, im proud of them. We showed a lot of people what UConn is all about. GO HUSKIES

I suspect this season is quite over. But as a Husky fan, I do look forward to next season, or seasons for the various UConn teams.

Reaction Score
I also think we had our chances and could have pulled out a win. Not as optimistic as you about getting in. Hope you are correct ,but I am thinking we fall short. I think we needed at least 1 win today, and if we had beaten ECU twice I thought we were definitely in.

Again hope we get in .

mets1090

Reaction Score
Yes ecu winning should help the RPI since they are the team we played most this year. Not sure it would be enough to actually impact the ranking though.

Reaction Score
@carsoncross43: Room for Huskies?

26/35 wins on road/neutral site

Solid tourney

7 All Conference players in 3rd best league

@aaronfitt @KendallRogersD1

Reaction Score
@carsoncross43: Room for Huskies?
26/35 wins on road/neutral sitE
Solid tourney
7 All Conference players in 3rd best league
@aaronfitt @KendallRogersD1

@aaronfitt: @carsoncross43 @KendallRogersD1 we’re about to debate it on a call and put together our last projection. You got a case! But may not be room

Reaction Score
D1baseball.com
Field Of 64 Projections: The Final Edition
http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/field-of-64-projections-the-final-edition/

They are projecting 4 from AAC

Houston - Regional host (1 seed)
ECU - 2 seed in LA Regional
Tulane - 3 seed in Baton Rouge Regional
USF - 3 seed in Coral Gables Regional

Last Five In,
60. Bradley
61. Tulane
62. Clemson
63. South Florida
64. North Florida

Last Five Out
65. Oregon
66. North Carolina
67. Michigan State
68. Nevada
69. Southern Mississisippi

Reaction Score
Baseball America ~ Projected Field Of 64:
http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/projected-field-64/

Houston - Regional host (1 seed)
ECU - 2 seed in Champaign Illinois Regional
Tulane - 3 seed in Baton Rouge Regional
USF - 3 seed in Fort Worth Regional

Last Four In: North Carolina, Auburn, South Florida, Southern Mississippi
First Four Out: Clemson, Southeastern Louisiana, Nevada, Ohio State
Next Four Out: Bradley, UC Irvine, Michigan State, Missouri

Reaction Score
Just watched selection show and not surprised we did not get a bid. Houston, ECU,USF and Tulane are in. Probably needed a couple more wins in AAC regular season and bad loss to Holy Cross at end of year did not help. Really felt this team was good enough for an at large bid, but we did not get it done on field.

Had fun tracking season. Hopefully next year we take care of business and get a bid

Reaction Score
Just watched selection show and not surprised we did not get a bid. Houston, ECU,USF and Tulane are in. Probably needed a couple more wins in AAC regular season and bad loss to Holy Cross at end of year did not help. Really felt this team was good enough for an at large bid, but we did not get it done on field.

Had fun tracking season. Hopefully next year we take care of business and get a bid

UConn baseball showed a goodly amount of improvement from last year to this season. I expect most if not all the juniors from this year's tea team will be back next season. The Huskies weren't that far off, and the added experience that the team will have should mean something. With potentially six seniors in the starting lineup and a good looking pitching staff, I really do think UConn can make it back to the NCAA tourney next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom