Men - Wins Needed for a 2024 At Large bid | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Men Wins Needed for a 2024 At Large bid

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Northeastern has a better or similar RPI- swept UConn including a mercy rule game and is out while Penders and co are in. Man I hope that’s true but what I’ve watched this year outside big East games doesn’t give me a lot of confidence.
Northeaste4n's resume is far superior to UConn's. If we get in over them, it will be a travesty frankly. They are 10 spots higher in the RPI (#33 vs #43) and they are 12-9 vs Q1/Q2, while UConn is 10-17 vs the same.

Reaction Score

So does the fact that we are now the #3 seed against a # 15 mean we are one of the first 3 seeds as opposed to if we were # 3 in the Texas A&M regional as we were before?

Reaction Score
Northeastern has a better or similar RPI- swept UConn including a mercy rule game and is out while Penders and co are in. Man I hope that’s true but what I’ve watched this year outside big East games doesn’t give me a lot of confidence.

Northeastern finished 3rd in the CAA, which is ranked 10th in the conference RPI. Like UConn, Northeastern did not win a game in their conference tournament, losing to 2 teams that are over 100 in the RPI.

It would seem that with the Big East being ranked higher, 7th in the RPI, and the fact that UConn finished 1st while not losing any conference regular season series this season apparently gives UConn an advantage in consideration of these NCAA Tournament projections. We'll see how it all works out on Monday when the selections to the Tourney are released.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So does the fact that we are now the #3 seed against a # 15 mean we are one of the first 3 seeds as opposed to if we were # 3 in the Texas A&M regional as we were before?
Something screwy is going on there. If they were following a true S curve, we would then be (per that projection) the second worst three seed. We would alsio be the second lowest rated non-auto bid (to UNCW) yet somehow we wouldn't be one of the last four in.

Not really sure how that happened beyond possibly geographical adjustments (Coastal Carolina to Clemson. James Madison to Virginia) so I'm guessing they're trying to limit travel distances for three seeds.

Reaction Score
I’m concerned about bid stealing. I’m at the ECU Wichita State game and shockers are leading after 6. And what if USC beats Arizona in PAC -12. I don’t know if AZ gets in anyway but ECU gets in regardless.

Reaction Score
I’m concerned about bid stealing. I’m at the ECU Wichita State game and shockers are leading after 6. And what if USC beats Arizona in PAC -12. I don’t know if AZ gets in anyway but ECU gets in regardless.
And have to hope that Penn St doesn't win the Big Ten

Reaction Score
Something screwy is going on there. If they were following a true S curve, we would then be (per that projection) the second worst three seed. We would alsio be the second lowest rated non-auto bid (to UNCW) yet somehow we wouldn't be one of the last four in.

Not really sure how that happened beyond possibly geographical adjustments (Coastal Carolina to Clemson. James Madison to Virginia) so I'm guessing they're trying to limit travel distances for three seeds.
I agree. Before we lost the 2 games in the BE we were always being projected against one of the top 5 seeds. Now we lose those 2 and we are projected against a #15. If it holds true I would take that scenario any day and it would seem to be a good thing that we lost. You are right it is screwy.

Reaction Score
And have to hope that Penn St doesn't win the Big Ten
I’ll keep rooting for ECU and AZ. ECU scored three in the ninth including steal of home with two outs. They can bunt and hit sac flies with men on third as well. What an ending and game.

Reaction Score
St. John's wins the Big East Tourney over Georgetown.

Even so, taking into account the Big East Tourney wins and losses for all the teams, UConn still had the best record in the conference against other Big East teams, with a record of 17-6. Including their 3 wins in the Big East Tourney, St. John's has a record of 17-7 against other Big East teams this season. Don't know if this better record against Big East teams this season will help UConn get an at large bid, but it is just one more thing to think about in this selection process for the NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score

Biggest misconception in NCAA baseball is that it works on an s-curve akin to basketball. That is largely incorrect. Geography and inter-conference factors make setting baseball up on a true s-curve impossible.

Reaction Score
If Xavier or Georgetown win then St John’s gets picked ahead of us. We’re out.

Now I feel that we both get in.

Reaction Score
ECU is out, so the AAC is going to steal a bid. Now we have Miami who is leading Duke late and if they win will be in the Championship game tomorrow as a bid stealer. Also need USC and Penn St to lose their Championship games. Not sure if Indiana St is the only guarantee from their league, but they are losing to Evansville in the Championship game, but early still. So there are some bid stealers out there that we need to lose.

Reaction Score
ECU is out, so the AAC is going to steal a bid. Now we have Miami who is leading Duke late and if they win will be in the Championship game tomorrow as a bid stealer. Also need USC and Penn St to lose their Championship games. Not sure if Indiana St is the only guarantee from their league, but they are losing to Evansville in the Championship game, but early still. So there are some bid stealers out there that we need to lose.
Mostly good news. Miami loses and Arizona wins but Indiana State loses. Good Arizona-USC game as USC pitcher Aoki had 6.1 innings of no-hit ball. But Arizona scores in bottom of ninth to win game 4-3.

Reaction Score
Baseball America’s May 26th Update: 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament Bracket: Projected Field Of 64 (Conference Tournament Week)

Santa Barbara, California
1. (13) UC Santa Barbara^*
2. Arizona*
3. UConn
4. San Jose State*

*Johnnies the 3 seed in Charlottesville

Last Four In

61. Florida ⬇️
62. Georgia Tech
63. Indiana
64. James Madison ⬇️

First Four Out

65. Kansas State ⬇️
66. Charleston ⬇️
67. California
68. Northeastern ⬇️

Next Four Out

69. Xavier
70. Louisville
71. Troy
72. Cincinnati

Reaction Score
Baseball America’s May 26th Update: 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament Bracket: Projected Field Of 64 (Conference Tournament Week)

Santa Barbara, California
1. (13) UC Santa Barbara^*
2. Arizona*
3. UConn
4. San Jose State*

*Johnnies the 3 seed in Charlottesville

Last Four In

61. Florida ⬇️
62. Georgia Tech
63. Indiana
64. James Madison ⬇️

First Four Out

65. Kansas State ⬇️
66. Charleston ⬇️
67. California
68. Northeastern ⬇️

Next Four Out

69. Xavier
70. Louisville
71. Troy
72. Cincinnati
D1 Baseball May 26th Update:
Corvallis, Oregon
1. Oregon State (14)
2. Duke
3. Connecticut
4. Evansville*

*Johnnies the 3 seed in Santa Barbara

Here’s the latest at-large ladder entering Sunday’s conference tournament action.

61. James Madison
62. Kansas State
63. California
64. Georgia Tech

65. College of Charleston
66. Indiana
67. Coastal Carolina
68. Georgia Southern

Reaction Score
Both would be great draws. No B12 or SEC and I’ll feel like that’ll be a win to start. If it means a bid, wherever works as well.

Reaction Score
Mostly good news. Miami loses and Arizona wins but Indiana State loses. Good Arizona-USC game as USC pitcher Aoki had 6.1 innings of no-hit ball. But Arizona scores in bottom of ninth to win game 4-3.
Wow, can't believe Arizona came back and won. Went to bed and USC was up 3-1 and Arizona was lifeless. I believe GA Southern could possibly steal a bid today also although they are considered on the bubble. My daughter went to GA Southern so its hard to not pull for them.

Reaction Score
This is stressful lol. What time do they release the brackets tomorrow?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom