Men - Wins needed for a 2023 NCAA At - Large bid | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Men Wins needed for a 2023 NCAA At - Large bid

Reaction Score
Florida regional, first game vs Texas Tech. They're not listing seeds so not sure if they're a 2 or a 3.

Reaction Score
There is one problem that I see with this out of conference idea. It is called school. That's the reason almost every midweek game is either at home or a road game where you get there by bus only a couple hours away from campus. I suspect that is why this doesn't happen all that often, considering all the travel the team already does.
Perhaps they could schedule an OOC game once school is out. Louisville scheduled a game vs Vandy on May 9th. Of course, that is a three hour bus ride but perhaps UConn could do something similar once finals are completed.

Reaction Score
20 of the 21 teams that were top 50 RPI and had 40 or more wins, made the NCAA Tournament. The only team that was left out was Kent State, and they were in the first 4 out. Kent State is in the MidAmerican conference, with a conference rank of 20. I am going to tweak chart next year to include a conference RPI criteria.

There was a lot of talk from committee chairman and studio hosts that the RPI needs to be modified. Also mentioned was the possible expansion of the tournament. Don’t know what the answer is, but it looks like they are at least discussing changes.

Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
20 of the 21 teams that were top 50 RPI and had 40 or more wins, made the NCAA Tournament. The only team that was left out was Kent State, and they were in the first 4 out. Kent State is in the MidAmerican conference, with a conference rank of 20. I am going to tweak chart next year to include a conference RPI criteria.

There was a lot of talk from committee chairman and studio hosts that the RPI needs to be modified. Also mentioned was the possible expansion of the tournament. Don’t know what the answer is, but it looks like they are at least discussing changes.

Go Huskies!!!

I've mentioned before that last season many of UConn's out of conference opponents that usually had solid year to year programs did not have a good season last year and as a consequence saw their RPI for last season drop. The funny thing is Kent State was one of those programs, their RPI dropped to 198 last season while traditionally in recent years they have been a pretty constant threat to make the NCAA Tournament. I recall that together with UConn, they are 2 of the teams of the most wins in the northern portion of the country since about 2010.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing, when we play every other year out at Creighton, why not schedule a midweek game against Nebraska. Yes, the OOC scheduling has to include at least 6 games against ACC & SEC and a few others mixed in would be nice.

Hmmm…we spent a boatload of time in these threads thinking about how to beef up our RPI moving forward > may be additional OOC opportunities may arise:

Reaction Score
Hmmm…we spent a boatload of time in these threads thinking about how to beef up our RPI moving forward > may be additional OOC opportunities may arise:

Let's load them up if we can.

Reaction Score

Realistically most of those available weekends are going to come when UConn is tied up with in conference play. May be able to add one or two though which would be a boost for sure. Could be an opportunity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom