Wins needed for 2017 at large bid | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Wins needed for 2017 at large bid

Reaction Score
Texas lost... Okie Lite (RPI 44) was probably a bubble team that just punched their ticket.

Reaction Score
D1Baseball National Writers:

Kendall Rogers‏@KendallRogersD1 3m 3 minutes ago
So, with #Rice winning, another bubble team has been knocked out. Ole Miss/South Carolina, others, probably sweating buckets right now.

Aaron Fitt‏ @aaronfitt 2m 2 minutes ago
So many popped bubbles today. Nightmare day for borderline at-large teams. Starting to think no room for SC, Ole Miss, Miami, MD OR St.Johns

Kendall Rogers‏ @KendallRogersD1 2m 2 minutes ago
Yet ANOTHER bubble bursts with @OSUBaseball winning the #Big12 automatic bid with a win over #Texas. It’s pure #carnage for bubble teams.

Reaction Score
Almost every result UConn would have wanted, went the wrong way. Not loving our chances with all these upsets.

Reaction Score
Almost every result UConn would have wanted, went the wrong way. Not loving our chances with all these upsets.

But not many of the National guys had UConn on the bubble/borderline even before the AAC tourney. AAC is a 4 bid league by everyone's estimation based on conference strength/RPI. We lost to Conference Champ in Semi's.
D1 still has UConn safe but for antacid purposes:

>>Stolen Bid Watch - One of the most common questions we’ve been asked on social media throughout the week is in regards to potential stolen bids. Our Mark Etheridge put together a wish list for Sunday for bubble teams. What the bubble teams need:

Houston needs to beat East Carolina. Check
Texas needs to beat Oklahoma State -OkState wins Big 12 Champ 6-5
St. John’s needs to beat Xavier twice - SJU lost in Game 1
Maryland needs to beat Northwestern, then beat Iowa (Maryland knocked out this morning).
Southern Mississippi needs to beat Rice - Rice walks off Southern Miss 5-4
Missouri State needs to beat Illinois State, then beat Dallas Baptist - Missouri State knocked out this morning.
South Alabama needs to beat Georgia Southern - Check. South Alabama walks off 7-6 in 10

I linked live stats/game page if people want to check in on games.

Updated

Reaction Score
But not many of the National guys had UConn on the bubble/borderline even before the AAC tourney. AAC is a 4 bid league by everyone's estimation based on conference strength/RPI. We lost to Conference Champ in Semi's.
You're right. Must be the skeptic in me with all things involving the NCAA and UConn.

Reaction Score
You're right. Must be the skeptic in me with all things involving the NCAA and UConn.

Hey... anything can happen but I'm less worried than if ECU had beaten Houston and we were looking @ 5 teams.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Please put us in Southern Miss's regional. I have never seen a less talented baseball team approach the top 10. PLEASE

We should be fine. The UM comeback was huge.

Reaction Score
I'll be stunned based on Conference RPI if AAC only gets 3 teams in:

Last four in: UCLA, Southeastern Louisiana, St. John’s, Miami

First four out: Connecticut, Gonzaga, Maryland, South Carolina

Next four out: Old Dominion, Mississippi, McNeese State, Louisiana Tech

>>Connecticut, Gonzaga, Maryland, South Carolina are the first four out and could conceivably get in depending on how much the committee values RPI. UConn, Maryland and South Carolina all have RPIs in the 30s. The Gamecocks, however, lost eight straight SEC series to end the season and could’ve benefited from another win in the Southeastern Conference Tournament.<<

Sensing a split opinion btwn Baseball America and D1Baseball.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn last received an NCAA tourney at large bid in 2011. From 2012 onward, in terms of conference record and RPI, I'm inclined to think that this team is in the best shape since that time to receive an at large bid. We'll find out soon if that is enough to make the NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
As I thought above... split decision btwn BaseballAmerica (last 4 out) and D1baseball (last three in as at three seed):

D1Baseball.com - Final Field of 64 Projection: May 29th

>>The last three teams in our field of 64 were Gonzaga, Old Dominion and Connecticut, in order of least safe to most safe. Our first three teams out were Texas A&M, St. John’s and Maryland, in that order — so Gonzaga was our last team in and Texas A&M was our first team out.<<

Clemson, SC
1 Clemson
4 Davidson*
3 Connecticut
2 Oklahoma

Reaction Score
Im hoping for the 3 in Chapel Hill or Winston Salem so I can make the trip!

Reaction Score
So, in a "normal" year UConn would probably be safely in. However, it would seem that due to the large number of upsets in conference tourneys over the weekend the Huskies are back on the bubble.

Reaction Score
As I thought above... split decision btwn BaseballAmerica (last 4 out) and D1baseball (last three in as at three seed):

D1Baseball.com - Final Field of 64 Projection: May 29th

>>The last three teams in our field of 64 were Gonzaga, Old Dominion and Connecticut, in order of least safe to most safe. Our first three teams out were Texas A&M, St. John’s and Maryland, in that order — so Gonzaga was our last team in and Texas A&M was our first team out.<<

Clemson, SC
1 Clemson
4 Davidson*
3 Connecticut
2 Oklahoma

More from D1baseball.com:

"Sunday was a brutal day for teams on the at-large bubble. Heading into the day, there were seven conference tournaments where a likely at-large team was still alive but teams outside at-large position had a chance to win the automatic bids, and the non-at-large teams won five of them. That made the bubble considerably smaller than usual. We entered our debate with 75 teams on the board for 64 spots, and the cutting was painful."

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
All 3 seem to think we are in.

Miami is not even a bubble team for me. They are clearly out, just look at their schedule / results.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom