Winning Streak Doesn't Count | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Winning Streak Doesn't Count

Reaction Score
please don't feed this troll.
Agreed.

But let's go back to a plan to confront this issue with a charity basketball game.

It WOULD be fun, we could raise some $$ for charity, and did I say it would be fun??

Reaction Score
What an idiot:

No, actually. UConn is not bigger than anyone else. They don't have all the best players. And contrary to what ESPN analysts have said in the past, UConn doesn't get "all of the players they want." Not even close. .

I agree with you 100% that UConn doesn't get all the best players in country. But let's just say they did. Why would that be a knock against Geno and make this streak any less amazing? It's not like all the best recruits in the country had a meeting and arbitrarily selected UConn as the school they would all go to. The reason that Geno recruits so well is because of the program HE has BUILT. It's because of the family atmosphere where dozens of ex players routinely come back to watch games. It's because of the success his former players have in the WNBA and Olympics. It's because of the great facilities that Geno has worked to get at UConn. It's because of the chance to realistically compete for a national championship every year. It's becasue of the chance to play in front of a packed house of the best fans in college basketball every single night. It's because of wanting to be the best possible player you can be. IT"S BEACAUSE OF GENO!!! The greatest coach in the history of WCBB!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I wonder what he thought about the Celtics when they had no competition winning 10 in a row.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
It just gets old listening to these blowhards spout off about things they have no interest/knowledge in. Best to let let them do what they do in solitude.

Reaction Score
At least there are some people out there that now know UCONN has a 100 game win streak that didn't know before. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I emailed Massorotti the other night and told him he was an ignorant jack*%@. I explained how it's not just about the score. It's about a group of young women who are role models for young girls everywhere, who go out into the community, visit schools, talk to the students and help raise money for charities. Also, as the research says girls who participate in sports do better academically, and they wait a lot longer before having sex because they realize what's most important - relationships.

Reaction Score
The article is more of a testament to ignorance than anything else. I was recently watching a power 5 mens game with a ranked team vs. an unranked team. The ranked team would get a bit of a lead and just when it felt like a run to stretch out the lead the other team would get an offensive rebound or two. It kept the unranked team in the game. This happened repeatedly, poor defense, not blocking out, time after time. This was a ranked team that is expected to fare well in the tournament and they let a lesser team hang around all game (won by 5) simply because they didn't play fundamental defense. I thought this would never happen in a UCONN game, Geno would have went crazy on his team. It really makes you appreciate how well coached UCONN is and how they play the game.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Tongue in cheek. He amused himself. No biggie.

Reaction Score
I don't know if "tongue-in-cheek" is the correct descriptor or not, but people who write trash like this know full well what kind of reaction will be thereby provoked. In so doing, they undeniably succeed in their clear original intent: to draw more attention to themselves than to the subject about which they are purportedly writing. Is it cheap? You bet. Unworthy of someone who calls himself a journalist? Natch. But predictable? Sadly, even more so!

Reaction Score
Yeah, this guru makes a lot of sense. I can see how UConn would really struggle in the Big 14 or whatever it is. Or how about that scary PAC 10. And Walker should pass up a free education to make 40K and get beat up for a couple years in the WNBA to eventually make some decent money overseas if she hasn't gotten hurt yet.

Reaction Score
Kenny Kallina Retweeted
Kenny Kallina ‏@KennyKallina
Feb 15
Talking UConn 100 wins ... my take ... if they were in a power 5 league they would not have 100 straight wins
KK discusses this along with the idea that Megan Walker should go straight to the WNBA if she was allowed.UConn discussion starts at 2:25
InsiderExposure - JM @InsiderExposure

Maybe this guy has missed the previous two streaks of 70 games (2001-2003) and 90 games (2008-2011). If my memory serves me well, I believe UConn was in the BigEast Conference during these two streaks...didn't realize the BigEast was NOT a "power conference" back then! Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom