Window | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Window

C

Chief00

False interest is expensive. If that's another coach's best argument, he's in trouble. Sometimes you can take other people's negative selling and flip it on them.
Like Calhoun did to Jay Wright LOL.

Reaction Score
Got the news last night and posted in the thread that got deleted for other reasons.

There is a serious window for settlement NOW and hopefully something gets done before Labor Day. I am hoping sooner but you got summer vacations and the glacial speed of legal matters. If this window closes, it will drag out and get even uglier, which is in no one’s interest. Something that both sides now seem to finally recognize. Chief doing his best to play peacemaker.
I'm more worried about Hurley and our team next year and going forward...Ollie is the last thing on my mind...just a casual fans perspective though. I'm not losing sleep over the gag order.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why the school would even consider a settlement when everything is right there on the contract. Do they think this is a charity?

Reaction Score
Got the news last night and posted in the thread that got deleted for other reasons.

There is a serious window for settlement NOW and hopefully something gets done before Labor Day. I am hoping sooner but you got summer vacations and the glacial speed of legal matters. If this window closes, it will drag out and get even uglier, which is in no one’s interest. Something that both sides now seem to finally recognize. Chief doing his best to play peacemaker.
Thanks Chief. Good news. Be waiting to hear the outcome.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
C

Chief00

I don't remember this story. What happened?
Negative recruiting about Calhoun’s health. They settled it per Calhoun man to man. Said Wright was a stand up guy about it and apologize. Did not make up excuses. Sometimes things get said you wish you didn’t say or come out the wrong way.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why the school would even consider a settlement when everything is right there on the contract. Do they think this is a charity?
Your first sentence is at the heart of why you'd be better served by sleep at 3am. You're too young to be awakened by bathroom needs, and it's in the nature of settlement that pursuit of a 'winning' argument is sometimes set aside in favor of serving a larger perspective.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There are millions of reasons. How much would a long drawn out trial cost? What could come out from such a trial......?

Reaction Score
There are millions of reasons. How much would a long drawn out trial cost? What could come out from such a trial.?
The thing about trials is either side can lose. There is plenty of incentive to go the safe route and settle.

Reaction Score
This case can be easily settled
You always look for a win win
That simply means both sides can live with the outcome.
First there has to be an agreement that settling the dispute ,if possible , is the best way to go.
Then rather then establishing what you want . which is a dead end .
You establish what you need.
It’s remarkable how quickly s resolution happens
when clear goals are established.
The needs of both parties are pretty simple here.
KO ‘s is a certain amount of financial stability
UConn’s is not breaking the bank .
I refuse to work but:
Chief is certainly capable of getting this done . Just remember its needs not wants .

Reaction Score
Your first sentence is at the heart of why you'd be better served by sleep at 3am. You're too young to be awakened by bathroom needs, and it's in the nature of settlement that pursuit of a 'winning' argument is sometimes set aside in favor of serving a larger perspective.

I suspect you would agree with me that no argument is ever truly won or lost. In that respect, it makes sense to concede victory at the expense of the bridges you risk burning in the process.

The struggle between man and his conscience is less impulsive, though, and if my mind lurks towards a familiar topic at this time of night, I'd advise that there may be reason(s) for it.

I guess I'm doing an hour better than I did yesterday? Hopefully by the weekend it will be out of my system by dinner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom