Window | The Boneyard

Window

C

Chief00

Got the news last night and posted in the thread that got deleted for other reasons.

There is a serious window for settlement NOW and hopefully something gets done before Labor Day. I am hoping sooner but you got summer vacations and the glacial speed of legal matters. If this window closes, it will drag out and get even uglier, which is in no one’s interest. Something that both sides now seem to finally recognize. Chief doing his best to play peacemaker.

C

Chief00

Get it done before mental health professionals depart for their August vacations.
This type of comment is not helpful. Both sides have legitimate issues and name calling is unproductive, my friend. I can assure you Danny would like this matter put to bed before official on campus visits. Not that kids care but it will be used against us by other schools.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This type of comment is not helpful. Both sides have legitimate issues and name calling is unproductive, my friend. I can assure you Danny would like this matter put to bed before official on campus visits. Not that kids care but it will be used against us by other schools.
Who got called a name?
What name was called?
Tensions are heightened.
Emotions are frayed.
Therapists take off in August.
I've only accelerated your holiday-fixed date by a month.
If it can get done earlier than you propose, so much the better.
Better still to precede the Calhoun charity game on 8/10.
If it turns out to take longer to conclude good faith negotiations that are already underway (or starting in response to your post), I can accept that.
How is that unhelpful?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Just keep your nose to the grindstone, Chief. Persistence is a difficult but supremely valuable virtue. Casual fans and die hards alike appreciate your efforts.

Reaction Score
The Boneyards modern interpretation of the events that lead to the Camp David Accord of 1978 - starring Chief as Jimmy Carter, KO as Menachem Begin and UCONN playing the role of Anwar Sadat.

“5 stars” says the New York Times

“Chief plays the role beautifully even getting some to believe that he’s actually contributing” - Entertainment Tonight

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The Boneyards modern interpretation of the events that lead to the Camp David Accord of 1978 - starring Chief as Jimmy Carter, KO as Menachem Begin and UCONN playing the role of Anwar Sadat.

“Chief plays the role beautifully even getting some to believe that he’s actually contributing” - Entertainment Tonight
Maybe Bunkey can judge a dance=off between the parties.

Reaction Score
Got the news last night and posted in the thread that got deleted for other reasons.

There is a serious window for settlement NOW and hopefully something gets done before Labor Day. I am hoping sooner but you got summer vacations and the glacial speed of legal matters. If this window closes, it will drag out and get even uglier, which is in no one’s interest. Something that both sides now seem to finally recognize. Chief doing his best to play peacemaker.
Hope that both sides take advantage of the "window" (if one actually exists). There will be a settlement at some point anyway but it is in the interest of both sides to get it done sooner rather than latter. Hurley deserves to the opportunity to start with a fresh slate.

Reaction Score

“Conclusion: This movie really stimulated my critical thinking cognative skills”

Reaction Score
Another thread to ignore this weekend. Sweet.
upload_2018-7-15_12-18-20.png

Reaction Score

Will Andre be there?

C

Chief00

Ineffective negative recruiting. Hurley dismisses it and talks about program history and what he and recruit will build together.
Any time you have to dismiss a negative story it takes you off the message. But, what other coach’s say - you may never be able to even dismiss.

C

Chief00

Who got called a name?
What name was called?
Tensions are heightened.
Emotions are frayed.
Therapists take off in August.
I've only accelerated your holiday-fixed date by a month.
If it can get done earlier than you propose, so much the better.
Better still to precede the Calhoun charity game on 8/10.
If it turns out to take longer to conclude good faith negotiations that are already underway (or starting in response to your post), I can accept that.
How is that unhelpful?

To say get it done before mental health professional take off in August is an unnecessary slap at the parties involved. Let’s not be cute about it. I also, did not hear about a link to Calhoun’s game. But, sooner is always better.
It is not correct to state that there have been continuous on going settlement talks. For much of the period it’s been adversarial.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Just keep your nose to the grindstone, Chief. Persistence is a difficult but supremely valuable virtue. Casual fans and die hards alike appreciate your efforts.
UConnPhil - you are correct that persistence is the most underrated virtue. Trust is probably the other.

C

Chief00

Thanks for your service. If anyone can get this deal done it's going to be you.

Thank you. I think in this case it’s simply about showing one side respect, who perhaps lately hadn’t felt much respect. I have attempted to be evenhanded and fair both in my posts and conduct. Now the dollars have to meet.

Reaction Score

Thanks for the info Chief.☺️

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Any time you have to dismiss a negative story it takes you off the message. But, what other coach’s say - you may never be able to even dismiss.
False interest is expensive. If that's another coach's best argument, he's in trouble. Sometimes you can take other people's negative selling and flip it on them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom