Win Shopping Trip with Maya | The Boneyard

Win Shopping Trip with Maya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
WNBA Contest - link

I wonder how many of fans of a SEC school will enter the contest or will their dislike of Maya & UConn prevent them. Its a nice prize with a chance to meet a quality person.

Reaction Score
Some of the anti-Lynx sentiment on the other board continues to entertain. They just can't let go, suggesting the Lynx has too much talent on the bench and is just being greedy by hoarding the best players (you can't make this stuff up!). C'mon, we all know what the real issue regarding their success is. Well, we can't have UCONN vs. Tennessee, but I would look forward to Lynx vs. Sparks (if they make the playoffs). That will get the old rivalry juices flowing again, as if it ever really stopped.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Lynx have had injuries the last couple of years that kept them in the Lottery. They have made smart trades and taken advantage of their draft positions. The question for them is how long will they maintain their roster? Will they lose players to Free Agency?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The emergence of Jess Adair has been a huge (and pleasant) surprise and seems to have cemented Charde to the bench. I understand from listening to one of the broadcasts that Adair lost close to 60 lbs. That's really amazing. She has completely transformed her body and, as a result, her game.

Hoarding players? Oh my.

Speaking of transforming bodies, I hope Danielle Adams does that during the off-season. She's such a gifted player but she will need to transform her body if she wants a long and successful pro career. Putting aside her defensive liabilities (SA often compensates by going zone), I'm thinking about the health and durability of her lower extremities. She's always going to have some bulk -- it creates space and helps her play bigger than she is -- but improved fitness would really make a big difference.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hoarding players? Oh my.
I thought general managers/coaches of all teams - pro, college, AAU, high school, middle school and pee wee league - for any sport in existence would want to have as many good players as they could get?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought general managers/coaches of all teams - pro, college, AAU, high school, middle school and pee wee league - for any sport in existence would want to have as many good players as they could get?
Exactly. Who put up a ceiling that says some team is too good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom