Wilson is back | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wilson is back

Reaction Score
Definitely a concern but Tyler Cook is listed as 6-9 250 lbs., had fire in his eyes and I don't think there are too many PF's in the country who can stop him. He gives new meaning to the word aggression. I think he will have a great career if he stays healthy.
Going in up against Cook is like a left handed batter facing Randy Johnson, don't want to do it if it can be helped.

Reaction Score
Definitely a concern but Tyler Cook is listed as 6-9 250 lbs., had fire in his eyes and I don't think there are too many PF's in the country who can stop him. He gives new meaning to the word aggression. I think he will have a great career if he stays healthy.

I think we saw a really good Cook against an unprepared UConn defense but I'm not ready to say no one will stop him. He's shooting 54% and averaging 16/6 and we looked awful vs him. He's a nice player but he needs to get better to be a pro. He went left all game and none of our guys realized it ever. I'm guessing he can go right, didn't see it but he likes the left and I think Whaley would have given him a little more trouble than Polley and Smith.

Reaction Score
I think so. He leads the team in blocks and rim protection is a big emphasis for Hurley.

Great.... no.
Serviceable and better than expected. Probably

I think the big question between them if they both are at the 4 is do you need Polleys stroke/rim protection or would you prefer Sids ability to create & versatility on defense, specifically around his ability to press. If Sid played Saturday, I don’t think the other team would have continued to have their bigs as involved bringing the ball up the court.

Reaction Score
Idk if any of you saw CVs Instagram story but Sid looked a lot better than i expected shooting from three. Idk if this is Diarra dancing during first night informative but I thought it was interesting

Reaction Score
The following may be an old man's fancy, but I think if Wilson plays to his pedigree, he will inexorably take over the 3. Between Polley and Diarra, the 4 will be covered, moving the 3-guard, 4-guard options well back on the shelf. This is going to require some serious adjustment.

Initially, I expect CV will become the first option off the bench at the 2 and 3 with Tarin the backup point. As the competition toughens, I think Tarin will begin to fade from the picture (His weak 3pt and FT shooting becoming too much of a liability.) Jalen, I think, will become the option at the point when AG goes out. I think we will see a lot of Jalen and CV together in the backcourt.

When I picture UConn as a tournament-class team, I see Wilson and Polley/Diarra at the frontcourt corners, with Jalen, CV and AG in the backcourt. Add Carlton and Cobb in the middle, and that is the team that might hold its own with the big boys.

Under normal circumstances, I agree. However, the team's current leading rebounder also happens to be our 3rd guard. As a result, I think CV will continue to stick as a starter and log significant minutes. We know this isn't an aberration since the same thing happened last year so I think the starting lineup we've seen through 6 games holds for the remainder of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom