Williams named league FOW | The Boneyard

Williams named league FOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
She is emerging as a terrific player who will be a major contributor during her four years at UConn. There's no holding her back with her high energy and tremendous leaping ability. Go Gabby!

Reaction Score
How many times has KN received FOW? Between the two them, we have a terrific base for the future. Anything Courtney adds will be icing on this delicious freshman cake Geno has cooked up!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just love the way Gabby glides to the basket :) Yes, she is a Fr. and makes mistakes but 3.5 more years of her...I'll take it :)

Yah, but it is a step and fast glide path!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
How many times has KN received FOW? Between the two them, we have a terrific base for the future. Anything Courtney adds will be icing on this delicious freshman cake Geno has cooked up!

Geno and Company have done the baking here. Marissa, Shea and the incomparable CD (aka "momma") are, as indicated by M on the Geno Show yesterday - fellow type As with Geno in always striving to keep it fresh, innovative, ahead of everybody else. By the way, that "delicious freshman cake" could get you in troubles in some circles. Just sayin'...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Geno and Company have done the baking here. Marissa, Shea and the incomparable CD (aka "momma") are, as indicated by M on the Geno Show yesterday - fellow type As with Geno in always striving to keep it fresh, innovative, ahead of everybody else. By the way, that "delicious freshman cake" could get you in troubles in some circles. Just sayin'...:rolleyes:

I thought about someone taking my analogy the wrong way but then I left it because we as a society need to lighten up regarding how we convey out thoughts and ideas. A similar example was the number of posters who got upset when someone mentioned that KML looked heavy or overweight. I thought the sky was going to fall and the BY implode.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I thought about someone taking my analogy the wrong way but then I left it because we as a society need to lighten up regarding how we convey out thoughts and ideas. A similar example was the number of posters who got upset when someone mentioned that KML looked heavy or overweight. I thought the sky was going to fall and the BY implode.

Hooray for you on that. PCism will kill us off if we aren't careful of being too careful.

Reaction Score
Gabby could get FOY if she had more playing time.

Good point. I suspect KN will also be in the discussion for FOY. Neither though will win it in my opinion because UCONN is not dependent on either player. As an example, both ND with Turner and USC with Wilson are dependent on them for the success of their season.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Good point. I suspect KN will also be in the discussion for FOY. Neither though will win it in my opinion because UCONN is not dependent on either player. As an example, both ND with Turner and USC with Wilson are dependent on them for the success of their season.

How can you be FOY and not start. Maybe Wilson will before the end of the year and she has the 4th highest minutes on that team right now, but if I'm voting and you are not in the starting 5, well, honey, you are not in the conversation. Maybe there should be another award: Freshman Impact Player of theYear. She is more then in that conversation, but objectively Nurse is still the winner of FOY so far AFAIAC!

Reaction Score
Gabby numbers is only gonna get better playing in the AAC conference. As we blow every team out so she will get a lot of minutes plus when she's out there she seems like the only one who wants to shoot. She has good touch around the basket. And I kind of disagree with some of y'all I think Kia Nurse has a real good chance at winning FOY for the fact her stats are just as good as BT and A'ja and she's a guard. For instant say Kia out plays Wilson when USC comes to gample and we go further then them in March. Kia is just as important for us like BT to ND and A'ja Wilson for USC

Reaction Score
Gabby numbers is only gonna get better playing in the AAC conference. As we blow every team out so she will get a lot of minutes plus when she's out there she seems like the only one who wants to shoot. She has good touch around the basket. And I kind of disagree with some of y'all I think Kia Nurse has a real good chance at winning FOY for the fact her stats are just as good as BT and A'ja and she's a guard. For instant say Kia out plays Wilson when USC comes to gample and we go further then them in March. Kia is just as important for us like BT to ND and A'ja Wilson for USC

Wilson is USC's leading scorer. Turner is ND's only quality big. And don't forget we always talk about how UCONN is more talented than other teams and we have multiple AAs. Thus Nurse's contributions will be played down. My comments though don't mean I am not very, very happy she is on our team and I can't imagine what it would be like without her. Another recruiting gem for Geno and staff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom