Williams(Migraine) and Camara(Knee) miss practice | The Boneyard

Williams(Migraine) and Camara(Knee) miss practice

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm bummed for Batouly. Was she injured at ALL last year? Such a bummer that weeks before she's ready to start suiting up in games for UCONN, suddenly she has an injury.
Sounds like Natalie Butler's experience. :(

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm worried about both Batouly and Gabby. Migraines tend to be recurring and debilitating.
Yeah, and often a years long issue. She may have to play throuh it. Darn it.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Geno says she'll be back to practice tomorrow or Sunday but The Boneyard, MD have her faced with debilitating headaches for a year.
You're right. What is Geno thinking? ;)

Reaction Score
I used to have migraine headaches in the morning. I find out to drink a good cup of coffee with dark swiss chocolates can help.

I am hoping against hope you are being sarcastic. Caffeine is a potent migraine trigger and chocolate has been known to also be a migraine trigger for many individuals. My spouse has suffered from chronic migraines for almost fifty years; I will make sure she never sees your post.

Reaction Score
I am hoping against hope you are being sarcastic. Caffeine is a potent migraine trigger and chocolate has been known to also be a migraine trigger for many individuals. My spouse has suffered from chronic migraines for almost fifty years; I will make sure she never sees your post.
I certainly do not wish your wife to see my post ... LOL. But you need to read:

Drink a caffeinated beverage. In small amounts, caffeine alone can relieve migraine pain in the early stages or enhance the pain-reducing effects of acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) and aspirin.

Be careful, however. Drinking too much caffeine too often can lead to withdrawal headaches later on.

Migraines: Steps to head off the pain

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
if severe, there is no way you 'play through it' .... 'debilitating' is literal. it ain't simply a really bad headache ... and they can come on at any time out of the blue ... i hope gabby doesn't suffer the worst kind

Reaction Score
I certainly do not wish your wife to see my post ... LOL. But you need to read:

Drink a caffeinated beverage. In small amounts, caffeine alone can relieve migraine pain in the early stages or enhance the pain-reducing effects of acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) and aspirin.

Be careful, however. Drinking too much caffeine too often can lead to withdrawal headaches later on.

Migraines: Steps to head off the pain
I have read that, quite often actually. You quoted the beginning, but not the end where caffeine and chocolate are identified as common migraine triggers. I don’t want to get bogged down in a medical debate; my point really is that volunteering info on what has worked for you is of no help to someone else who might have an enormously negative reaction to the same “remedy”. Chronic migraine is an incredibly debilitating condition which almost always requires an intensive individualistic treatment regimen. I’m glad that worked for you; it would send my wife to urgent care.

Reaction Score
I have signed up with Harrah's in Reno on the 27th,28th,and 29th of Nov.just to watch Gabby give the opponent a migraine.Such a great thing for the powers that be at Uconn to arrange for a senior to show their stuff in front of kith and kin.Gabby is the embodiment of what hard work and talent produce when they go to Uconn and i can't wait to see her celebrated in her home area.

Reaction Score
As those who suffer (or live with a sufferer) know migraines can be difficult to understand and predict. What helps some triggers others. And a full attack for me includes nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and light sensitivity- not something you can play through.
Fortunately some of us only have full fledged attacks rarely. For many women hormones play a role. Some take birth control pills for that purpose, though they were a trigger for me.
Best of luck to Gabby in figuring out how to try to avoid and treat hers.

Reaction Score
Crappy diem. That's quite a bone bruise for Batouly. Let's hope that is all.
Two very interesting exits from practice! Both or either could be nothing or serious. Migraine headaches are painful and can disable you . Bright lights or Chocolate would disable me, usually on the weekend. Gabby has my sympathy
Old Alum--you describe my reaction to migraines. I was more than thrilled to have out grown them. I read where there is a medical treatment now that stops or at least reduces the symptoms of migraines, hope it works for Gabby.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I have signed up with Harrah's in Reno on the 27th,28th,and 29th of Nov.just to watch Gabby give the opponent a migraine.Such a great thing for the powers that be at Uconn to arrange for a senior to show their stuff in front of kith and kin.Gabby is the embodiment of what hard work and talent produce when they go to Uconn and i can't wait to see her celebrated in her home area.
Hmm. In that case, I guess we should all keep our fingers crossed that UConn schedules a game versus NC State next season.

Reaction Score
I have tempered my sports passion over the years for this very reason. What seems preordained can be completely reversed so quickly if injuries or illness strike a team. Not good to get too high or too low about these things. It's not good for you long term health...

Reaction Score
Geno says she'll be back to practice tomorrow or Sunday but The Boneyard, MD have her faced with debilitating headaches for a year.

Migraines are often genetic, more often occur in women than men, and they recur. They are debilitating, often putting the sufferer out of action (in bed) for days. This is not like a regular headache. One can't pop a Tylenol and wait two hours. There are no analgesics for migraines.

Reaction Score
I have read that, quite often actually. You quoted the beginning, but not the end where caffeine and chocolate are identified as common migraine triggers. I don’t want to get bogged down in a medical debate; my point really is that volunteering info on what has worked for you is of no help to someone else who might have an enormously negative reaction to the same “remedy”. Chronic migraine is an incredibly debilitating condition which almost always requires an intensive individualistic treatment regimen. I’m glad that worked for you; it would send my wife to urgent care.
I used to get migraines all the time. Caffeine and chocolate could trigger them, but they can also help relieve them. Lots of migraine medication actually has caffeine in it.

Reaction Score
Williams' migraine was caused by getting elbowed in the head during practice. It is not like it occurred out of the blue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom