Williams(Migraine) and Camara(Knee) miss practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Williams(Migraine) and Camara(Knee) miss practice

Reaction Score
I used to get migraines all the time. Caffeine and chocolate could trigger them, but they can also help relieve them. Lots of migraine medication actually has caffeine in it.
71Rs2k%2B%2BYiL._SL1000_.jpg

Reaction Score
Williams' migraine was caused by getting elbowed in the head during practice. It is not like it occurred out of the blue.

Being elbowed in the head causes a concussion, not a migraine. Big difference.

Two family members get migraines. Seen this for years.

Reaction Score
Being elbowed in the head causes a concussion, not a migraine. Big difference.

Two family members get migraines. Seen this for years.

No, it's not. Blows to the head cause migraines very often. She has also passed the concussion protocol already. From the article posted above

"She just came in one day, bumped into somebody, caught an elbow or something but came to practice the next day and everything seemed to be fine," Auriemma said of Williams. "Towards the end of practice she said I don't feel good. We thought it might be a concussion but she went through the whole thing and it wasn't.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Upon closer reading, I see that Gabby was struck in the head. She's in concussion protocol. The pain she is experiencing is either not a migraine or not the common type of migraine. It's the effect of the impact. Though that is not good, I feel better knowing that Gabby is presumably not subject to recurring migraines.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Upon closer reading, I see that Gabby was struck in the head. She's in concussion protocol. The pain she is experiencing is either not a migraine or not the common type of migraine. It's the effect of the impact. Though that is not good, I feel better knowing that Gabby is presumably not subject to recurring migraines.
Sometimes the pain is not related to a brain bruise, which is what a concussion is. Rather, on occasion, it could be related to a minor neck injury.

Reaction Score
For the past two days, I was completely bedridden with a migraine. Today, I could function a little, but my hair actually hurt when I washed it today. I don’t get them often, knock on wood, but the residual effects can last for days after the actual migraine. I’m just hoping I can attend a Halloween party tomorrow. I can’t imagine trying to play a sport.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sometimes the pain is not related to a brain bruise, which is what a concussion is. Rather, on occasion, it could be related to a minor neck injury.
Very true. Everything is connected.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For the past two days, I was completely bedridden with a migraine. Today, I could function a little, but my hair actually hurt when I washed it today. I don’t get them often, knock on wood, but the residual effects can last for days after the actual migraine. I’m just hoping I can attend a Halloween party tomorrow. I can’t imagine trying to play a sport.
Welcome and best wishes! I know a few folks with migraines. They sound horrific.

Reaction Score
I have been getting migraines since I was 13 or 14 ( I'm 70 now!) and now with medication, at the first sign of vision problems, it makes it more bearable! But yes they can come on at anytime without a warning sign!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Batouly has let it be known that now that Adam West has passed, she wants to be known as BatCam.
Excellent nickname. I plan to plagiarize it all season long. ;)

Reaction Score
I started getting migraines in my early twenties. Needed to stay in bed all day with the room dark and covers over my head. Standing up caused vomiting. I finally went to the doctor for medication after suffering for a couple of years with them. They tapered off in my late thirties. Now I just get bad headaches and take Excedrine Migraine.

Reaction Score
Sure but if you notice ingredients in migraine medication include caffeine.

When I had really bad back pain (finally had back surgery), I used to drink a big thing of McDonald's coffee before going to work. And then a refill. I was surprised that that was better in easing the pain than the pain pills I had been prescribed. When I asked the doc about it, he said, "Sure." Why "sure"? He said that it's the caffeine. He said if you look at the ingredients for Bayer aspirin, you'll see that it's half caffeine.

But my family members get no benefit from migraine medicine. Only sleep in the dark, and patience, sometimes for days, finally leads the migraines to disappear.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Excellent nickname. I plan to plagiarize it all season long. ;)
Since they each averaged 20 PPG last season, can I also count on you to refer to Samuelson and Collier as the Score Sisters?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
As those who suffer (or live with a sufferer) know migraines can be difficult to understand and predict. What helps some triggers others. And a full attack for me includes nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and light sensitivity- not something you can play through.

My wife had a migraine with aura the other day. She said the angle of the sun this time of the year is a trigger, and so we'll have the shades drawn on the sunny side of the house for a few weeks. Saw a kid the other day with very dark sunglasses on inside who said he wears them constantly during the mid-fall for the same reason.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Since they each averaged 20 PPG last season, can I also count on you to refer to Samuelson and Collier as the Score Sisters?
I like where you’re heading here, but I think it needs work. How about “the 20-something twins?”

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I like where you’re heading here, but I think it needs work. How about “the 20-something twins?”
You think "score" is too Lincolnesque? It's only 357 miles from Storrs to Gettysburg, y0u know. I like "the 20-Something Twins" but it is two syllables longer than "the Score Sisters" and you know the attention span of kids these days. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom