will we ever get another mcdonald's all-american again? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

will we ever get another mcdonald's all-american again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I think, a lot of times, a kid gets AA status just because someone like Duke recruits them. How many AA's have sat at the end of K's bench over the years?

Reaction Score
Says the dude who locked a thread!:cool:
(I know you're just giving me a hard time in good fun, but some people here are dense, so hence the coming explanation. :) )

I was conceding the point, and then pointing out another reason why that argument is stupid, even if it weren't a private forum.

On the locking:
  • this is a stupid thread about UConn. This is a UConn Men's Basketball Board
  • that became a thread about politics. This is a UConn Men's Basketball Board. There is a whole other board on this site devoted to people who want to have that discussion.

Reaction Score
(I know you're just giving me a hard time in good fun, but some people here are dense, so hence the coming explanation. :) )

I was conceding the point, and then pointing out another reason why that argument is stupid, even if it weren't a private forum.

On the locking:
  • this is a stupid thread about UConn. This is a UConn Men's Basketball Board
  • that became a thread about politics. This is a UConn Men's Basketball Board. There is a whole other board on this site devoted to people who want to have that discussion.
Thanks Big Brother
I have a hard time deciding what to read and comment about on this forum. I'm glad there is someone out there deciding these things for me. Plus I'm too stupid to figure out the ignore button. Now can we get rid of the pizza and beer threads, and the PC and Cuse threads, and the need help and suggestion threads.

BTW if posters keep responding to a thread political or not it means there's some interest there. As long as it's not vulgar (which I really don't give a chit) or transfer speculation it shouldn't be locked.
Oh and the answer to the OP is yes

Reaction Score
Don't know if this chart was posted on other threads or not, but it was making the rounds recently :
View attachment 8986

Can we pin this to every thread about recruiting? Yes, getting top recruits matters.

The fact that we've overperformed with a relative scarcity of McD AA's compared to other top-winning programs doesn't mean that we will succeed if our recruiting continues to slide.

And, by the way, we have about the 13th most McD AA's over that time period, so we can stop the false narrative that we're only getting it done with scrappy 3-star guys.

P. S. How in the hell has NC State managed to wrangle 10 McD AA's in this time period?

Reaction Score
The point of that graph is that we could have gotten 30 more McD AAs and gotten roughly the same number of NCAA tourney wins out of it.

Reaction Score
Thanks Big Brother
I have a hard time deciding what to read and comment about on this forum. I'm glad there is someone out there deciding these things for me. Plus I'm too stupid to figure out the ignore button. Now can we get rid of the pizza and beer threads, and the PC and Cuse threads, and the need help and suggestion threads.

BTW if posters keep responding to a thread political or not it means there's some interest there. As long as it's not vulgar (which I really don't give a chit) or transfer speculation it shouldn't be locked.
Oh and the answer to the OP is yes
Longstanding policy. If there's interest, do it on the cesspool. That's what it's for.

You want to talk about baseball, we send it over to the baseball board.
You want to talk about football, we send it over to the football board.
You want to talk about salt water fishtanks, we send it to the salt water fishtank subforum.

Politics works the same way.

We don't have a Pizza board. Or a beer board. Or a restaurants in Providence board. And PC and Cuse are men's basketball topics on a men's basketball board for which there aren't UConn sub-forums.

The end.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Longstanding policy. If there's interest, do it on the cesspool. That's what it's for.

You want to talk about football, we send it over to the baseball board.
You want to talk about salt water fishtanks, we send it to the salt water fishtank subforum.

We don't have a Pizza board. Or a beer board. Or a restaurants in Providence board. And PC and Cuse are men's basketball topics on a men's basketball board for which there aren't UConn sub-forums.

The end.

What, no football forum?:D:cool:

Reaction Score

You want to talk about football, we send it over to the football board.

The end.
I think "advocating for the salt-water fish tank subforum on the Boneyard" will look excellent on my resume on way to be governor of CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom