will we ever get another mcdonald's all-american again? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

will we ever get another mcdonald's all-american again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Showing results for freedom of speech

1. Freedom of speech in the United States is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and by many state constitutions and state and federal laws.
Drives me up a damn wall when people are so clueless as to bring this up, not knowing or caring one bit if it's applicable.

PS - it's not.

Reaction Score
Drives me up a damn wall when people are so clueless as to bring this up, not knowing or caring one bit if it's applicable.

PS - it's not.
Even if it were, he wasn't banned. He can say something, and by the "First Amendment" we can tell him it's a stupid idea.

Reaction Score

PS - it's not.
It's amazing how many people don't have a clue about what "freedom of speech" entails.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Yeah, I can't remember the last time UConn had a good season.:confused:
But its not inconceivable if recruiting slides. And its not inconceivable that recruiting will slide as a result of UConn not being a P5 Conference School. Up til a couple years ago, JC was recruiting to the Big East (kinda the SEC of college basketball). Now KO is recruiting the "Leftover" Conference. Huge detail.

Reaction Score
This is the first year where UConn is treating grad transfers like free agency, and with our current conference affiliation, I think that will be our answer to plugging holes that we don't fill in the fall and early spring.

Reaction Score
was just looking at the list and was wishing one of them was coming here.
i guess i'll just keep dreaming.
who was the last one we had? Rudy Gay? Drummond?

To be honest, does it really matter if we get a McDonald's All-American? I mean we did beat Kentucky last season and they had several Mickey D's AA. We beat the Gators (twice) and they had a few Mickey D's on their squad.

Reaction Score
McDonald's all Americans don't guarantee anything but Duke and Kentucky showing up in the FF as often as they do is no coincedence. How many do they get every year? No stats on it but it seems like they get at least 3 and up to 5 every year. If they only got 2 that stayed 4 years, even if 2 leave they end up still loaded. Even considering early exits, at any one time they have 5 on their roster? Another thing, they also get players who are like Adams and Hamilton who for some reason are not McD's. Michigan State does it the way we do more or less but I don't see a bunch of guys that need to gain 30 pounds to succeed. I see this next few months as being really important for our program's future. If we plan on competing at the highest levels we have to have talent, McD, 5 star, 4 star, hidden gem, whatever but right now we do not have enough. Those who say off season improvement of the current roster is enough are just kidding themselves.

Reaction Score
McDonald's all Americans don't guarantee anything but Duke and Kentucky showing up in the FF as often as they do is no coincedence. How many do they get every year? No stats on it but it seems like they get at least 3 and up to 5 every year. If they only got 2 that stayed 4 years, even if 2 leave they end up still loaded. Even considering early exits, at any one time they have 5 on their roster? Another thing, they also get players who are like Adams and Hamilton who for some reason are not McD's. Michigan State does it the way we do more or less but I don't see a bunch of guys that need to gain 30 pounds to succeed. I see this next few months as being really important for our program's future. If we plan on competing at the highest levels we have to have talent, McD, 5 star, 4 star, hidden gem, whatever but right now we do not have enough. Those who say off season improvement of the current roster is enough are just kidding themselves.

Great points, jibsey. Michigan State, to me, along with Wisconsin, are programs that jump out at me as proof that you really don't need McD AA. I mean it helps don't get me wrong. I would love to see our UConn program with 3-4 McD. But if we can not land those players, we have to focus on the next level players or players that fit the UConn way.

Wisconsin and Bo Ryan never lands a McD AA. They get those 2-3 star players and those players work. Those players are hungry. They play with a chip on their shoulder. Coach Ryan gets the most out of the talent that he is able to land. Same with Michigan State and Izzo. MSU lands those 2-4 star players that fit their program and they buy in. If not, they are gone.

I can agree with your last part, about if we think off season improvements is enough. It is only part of the problem. The players have to buy-in to what coach KO and the program is about. Sure they can improve during the off season. But if they are not committed to the program, it is going to show next season. And buy committed, I mean blending individual goals into team goals. Once those players figure that out, I will take our current roster and up coming recruits, over any team.

Hard work beats talent when talent does not work had.

Go, Huskies!!
#BleedBlue

Reaction Score
it's dumb thought to want a top 10 talent to come to Uconn?
i'm tired of all these projects that aren't working out.

when only 1 player on the team can dribble a basketball against a good defender.
there's a major problem.
Everyone already knows that you are a mental midget, but it is great that we can see the likes you get to show the other mental midgets around here.

Reaction Score
Great points, jibsey. Michigan State, to me, along with Wisconsin, are programs that jump out at me as proof that you really don't need McD AA. I mean it helps don't get me wrong. I would love to see our UConn program with 3-4 McD. But if we can not land those players, we have to focus on the next level players or players that fit the UConn way.

Wisconsin and Bo Ryan never lands a McD AA. They get those 2-3 star players and those players work. Those players are hungry. They play with a chip on their shoulder. Coach Ryan gets the most out of the talent that he is able to land. Same with Michigan State and Izzo. MSU lands those 2-4 star players that fit their program and they buy in. If not, they are gone.

I can agree with your last part, about if we think off season improvements is enough. It is only part of the problem. The players have to buy-in to what coach KO and the program is about. Sure they can improve during the off season. But if they are not committed to the program, it is going to show next season. And buy committed, I mean blending individual goals into team goals. Once those players figure that out, I will take our current roster and up coming recruits, over any team.

Hard work beats talent when talent does not work had.

Go, Huskies!!
#BleedBlue

In basketball, 2 great players can get you where you wanna be. Kaminsky is a senior All-American and Dekker was a 5-star recruit coming out of high school and he has come into his own this year. Reports were he was the best player at the LeBron Skills Academy last summer and it's showing in the tournament. Those 2 can get their own shot any time and they surround them with good shooters. They're hard to stop. The team with the best players usually wins. That's just a fact of life in basketball.

Reaction Score
Great chart. Wonder what it would look like in the last 10 years? Seems like it would be even more skewed if that's possible.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
How does the OP have 300 likes? Every post is pure garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom