Will we be ranked again? the do over | The Boneyard

Will we be ranked again? the do over

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I don't know what every other ranking bubble team has been doing, so who really knows

But I'm a lot less confident this time than I was last time.

Beaten by a Creighton team that lost to Butler before us and was run out of the gym by St John's after us. Then being non competitive against a short handed Nova team that's lost a few games when they were at full strength

We're NOT JELLING

Reaction Score
People made fun of my #26 and I don’t want to be right at all but if you didnt see this coming you weren’t watching the games. I’m hoping we stay off the bubble but I’m not confident in that either. Top 25? Don’t care just play better basketball sometime soon and maybe win a game we have in our clutches.

For now with this schedule, no! Just make the tourney please.

Reaction Score
I've said previously that we haven't really beaten a ranked team at full strength. There alwaysseemedto be a key playermissing from their team. We've lost to a bad WV team, struggled against Butler, UMES and Depaul although victories. I do believe we're a team that fits between 20-35. We can be that team that upsets a higher ranked team in NCAA's not named Gonzaga, Auburn or Purdue. Anything but a play in or 8/9 seed is good for me. Hoping we can get to that 6 seed or somewhere playing a 2 seed before playing a 1 seed with a confident team preparing for an upset of a 1 seed heading to the final 4.

Now let hope Danny can do better to get them boys better prepared for the games and half-time and in game adjustments.

Reaction Score
They will still be ranked tomorrow.

Losing to Nova on the road was difficult to watch but you don't get penalized for losing to a top 15 team on the road.

Creighton was a bad loss but it's one game.

UConn is 18 in KenPom and while I'm not saying it's right, we've seen voters heavily consider KP since day 1. I think UConn slides back to 23 or 24. Outside Borges and a couple others most voters aren't watching or watching closely.

LSU got smacked against unranked Vanderbilt and Xavier lost to DePaul. Those two may fall out at 21 and 23 respectively.

The next 3 vote getters were Bama, Murray State and St Mary's. None did anything of note to really move voters one way or another.

It's also a moot point since whether or not they'll be ranked next week is entirely driven by the 3 games on the docket this week.

Win 2 of 3 or better and they remain (or jump back in if I'm wrong). Anything less unranked.

Reaction Score
I don't know what every other ranking bubble team has been doing, so who really knows

Beaten by a Creighton team that lost to Butler before us and was run out of the gym by St John's after us. Then being non competitive against a short handed Nova team that's lost a few games when they were at full strength

We're NOT JELLING
Yes

Who cares, does anyone really have any faith in this team?
Yes

Reaction Score
We'll likely still be ranked in tomorrow's polls....LSU, Xavier, Iowa St, Mich State, Bama had worse loses than we did this week.

If UConn goes 0-3 in week ahead against Marquette, Xavier, St Johns then obviously won't be getting top 25 votes for awhile.

Reaction Score
I mean you get beat at home by a Creighton team that scored 59 and get trounced in a huge game of Big East contenders there’s no way you deserve to be in the top 25. Win the next 3 maybe you get back in but for now there’s others who received votes that deserve it more.

Reaction Score

We're NOT JELLING
Not after Tuesday

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I mean you get beat at home by a Creighton team that scored 59 and get trounced in a huge game of Big East contenders there’s no way you deserve to be in the top 25. Win the next 3 maybe you get back in but for now there’s others who received votes that deserve it more.

C'mon man, they win their next three there's no maybe, that's a given

Winning the next three is the hard part

Reaction Score
Creighton was a bad loss but it's one game.
Agree about the Villanova game.

But many times when you're ranked #17 and then lose to an unranked team at home you aren't in the top 25 the next week.

Reaction Score
Agree about the Villanova game.

But many times when you're ranked #17 and then lose to an unranked team at home you aren't in the top 25 the next week.
If they were 20 or above I would say yes, and maybe the way they are playing at the moment they shouldn't. But at the end of the day 95% of voters aren't watching the games. They look at who won, who lost, KenPom, and whatever personal biases / friendships they have with coaches.

In addition, this program seems to have won over a lot of National guys that do have votes. Plus from the earlier post, teams behind us had equally bad loses and there are no logical replacements is why I feel like they will stay.

Whether or not they do doesn't matter since they since they play 3 games this week with 2 of them ranked opponents. If they do deserve to be ranked, this week will prove that out, as will the following two weeks as it's all Q1 / Q2 games from this point till the end of the month.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Rankings need to be the last thing on the minds of all players, the coaches and sane fans
This team and staff has a ton of work to do to right the ship and become respectable in the NBE because to most coaches looking at film will figure out ten ways to expose this team if the rotations and the offense stay the same.
It's very doable to make the NCAA tournament but this team needs wins and quality wins vs Marquette, Xavier and Nova at home is a start

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom