Will we be ranked again? the do over | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Will we be ranked again? the do over

Reaction Score
I think we all know that #24 is a gift at this point but now is a good time for Hurley to light a fire under their asses. Calhoun sure would have. Actually there would have been nothing left to burn after Calhoun got done with them.
What two teams below them has a better resume and should be ranked ahead of them?

Reaction Score
Can chicken littles take a nap?
To be fair: “The rank is falling!”

But in all seriousness…As someone else mentioned: we’re not in the AAC anymore and the beauty of playing a quality conference schedule is that we can have highs and lows during conference play and still have national respect.

It happens in the Big Ten every year: teams run though a gauntlet and lots of teams are considered “good” in spite of their conference record.

It happens in the Big East too, just our time in the AAC clouded our memories a bit and now we’re re-realizing it.

Reaction Score
Cute message. And who really cares whether we're ranked or not? We need to start winning games fast. If we play like we did this last week, then we've got much bigger problems than worrying about being ranked.
Correct.

Reaction Score
This is OT but since this thread is about polls which include computer models and my question is tech related, has anyone tried the Brave Browser? I heard a tech radio host say it is much faster than others because it shields the user from all kinds of things that slow it down. I've been using Edge and don't really want to switch but if it makes a difference, then perhaps.

Reaction Score
This is OT but since this thread is about polls which include computer models and my question is tech related, has anyone tried the Brave Browser? I heard a tech radio host say it is much faster than others because it shields the user from all kinds of things that slow it down. I've been using Edge and don't really want to switch but if it makes a difference, then perhaps.

I use it and like it a lot. It basically is a browser and ad blocker mixed into one, and is really easy to whitelist any websites you feel like supporting (like the boneyard). Would recommend you give it a try to see if it impacts your browsing experience

Reaction Score
To be fair: “The rank is falling!”

But in all seriousness…As someone else mentioned: we’re not in the AAC anymore and the beauty of playing a quality conference schedule is that we can have highs and lows during conference play and still have national respect.

It happens in the Big Ten every year: teams run though a gauntlet and lots of teams are considered “good” in spite of their conference record.

It happens in the Big East too, just our time in the AAC clouded our memories a bit and now we’re re-realizing it.
I agree the rank is falling. My point was we win two games and are heading to the final four. We lose two and Hurley is Dom Perno reincarnated The truth is about where we are.

Reaction Score
Cute message. And who really cares whether we're ranked or not? We need to start winning games fast. If we play like we did this last week, then we've got much bigger problems than worrying about being ranked.
Huh? You literally just complained about us not being ranked again and lucky if we made the tournament. Now, you say who really cares whether were ranked or not?

Reaction Score
Huh? You literally just complained about us not being ranked again and lucky if we made the tournament. Now, you say who really cares whether were ranked or not?
I complained? What are you talking about? I said I didn’t think we’d be ranked again - that’s a statement in response to the OP’s question.

Our ranking this week is not reflective of our recent play. Our Auburn win from early in the season is still carrying a lot of weight. I don’t think anyone can look at how this team is currently playing and think - hey, they look like a top 25 team!

The point is this - the fact that we’re still somehow ranked this week isn’t all that relevant. We need to play much better during this upcoming stretch, otherwise we’ll be squarely on the bubble.

I’m rooting for us, as I always do. I hope we start a long winning streak and only rise up the rankings, locking in a tourney spot. Sorry that I’m just not all that optimistic this will happen right now, but I’m hoping I’m wrong!

Reaction Score
My guess: 23:

Should leapfrog #18 Marquette (two losses this week) and #22 Saint Mary's (two losses this week), but Xavier will be #22 since we lost to them and both teams lost just once this week.

Reaction Score
I’ll say #26 and rebound next week to 20-25.

No complaints. Let’s just get finish strong.

Reaction Score
I don’t think there’s any way we don’t move up this week. We went 2-1 (with a ranked opponent win at home and a ranked opponent loss on the road), and a couple teams in front of us had bad weeks. Should be around #21-23 imo.
I hesitate to use logic because voters generally don't, but I agree. The loss was a close road loss to a ranked team in a game we weren't favored in. Now everyone here knows we should have won, but don't think that'll be the national perception

Reaction Score
Voters punish losses more than they reward wins. I expect we're just outside the top 25 and need a clean week to get back into it.

Reaction Score
Voters punish losses more than they reward wins. I expect we're just outside the top 25 and need a clean week to get back into it.

We will move up. The Xavier loss doesn’t matter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom