Will UConn open in the Top 10 in the polls? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Will UConn open in the Top 10 in the polls?

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Why be rude, ignorant, and unkind? I ask you and all who liked your response. Despite your words to the contrary, you did mean offense.

Just to cut back on wasted time, and to preserve an upbeat frame of mind, I've decided to put on ignore any "contributor" to this forum who calls a Boneyard post or poster "stupid."

Reaction Score
Why be rude, ignorant, and unkind? I ask you and all who liked your response. Despite your words to the contrary, you did mean offense.
I started with "no offense" because I didn't want to seem like I was attacking them as a person. Only the discussion.
The comment was rude/unkind, but I am not ignorant about his question. I gave my response that they will be preseason two or three. Many other posters agreed. Any person that keeps up with them knows that they will NOT be in the 7th-12th range. Crap, any person that is told the rankings of the players they have would laugh at this. 2015- #1 and #6. 2016- #3. 2017- #1. 2018- #1 and #5. Of course there are other players as well.
I wanted to type something out, but I was in a time crunch. So I shortened up what I wanted to say.

Reaction Score
How many other teams have 2 returning AAs, and 2 more #1 poy from HS? Yeah, they’re losing a lot, but they’ll still be strong.
Good points.
Katie Lou, Phessa, Crystal + Megan, CW and ONO, this is a very strong team.
Pre-season: 2 or 3
End season: #1

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Good points.
Katie Lou, Phessa, Crystal + Megan, CW and ONO, this is a very strong team.
Pre-season: 2 or 3
End season: #1

That's two freshmen and a sophomore who did next to nothing as a freshmen.

UConn has major holes in terms of size on both ends, defense, and depth. Even shooting could be a weakness if teams decide to take KLS away.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No way ND runs the table next year. I'll bet a lot of money that doesn't happen. In preseason 2016-17 ND was #1, in 2017-18 I believe they were 5 or 6. Mississippi State was low in preseason this year and then ended up being the #2 team most of the year. They were never number 2 in 2016-17 besides the final poll.

I think next year will bring more parity to the sport, as UCONN and ND both will be vulnerable. ND has Turner back which is great on paper, but adding in an impact player like that for a returning champion doesn't always yield better results. It definitely changes on court dynamics and chemistry, sometimes for better or worse.

I said "some posters" have suggested that ND may run the table. I'm not one of the "some". As I said, going undefeated is very hard to do. UConn makes it look easy, it's not!! It's very hard to be "on" every night, especially on the road. I doubt ND loses any home games this season. If they lose, it will be on the road. They defend their home court as well as anyone in the country.

While they will try and win every game on their schedule, if they lose a game or two, so be it. I know Muffet is like Geno in that she really only cares about winning those last 6 games and hoisting the championship trophy at the end. She couldn't stop smiling and grinning the remainder of the evening follow her team's win. I'll bet the first interview we see her in this fall, she'll still be smiling. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I said "some posters" have suggest that ND may run the table. I'm not one of the "some". As I said, going undefeated is very hard to do. UConn makes it look easy, it's not!! It's very hard to be "on" every night, especially on the road. I doubt ND loses any home games this season. If they lose, it will be on the road. They defend their home court as well as anyone in the country.

While they will try and win every game on their schedule, if they lose a game or two, so be it. I know Muffet is like Geno in that she really only cares about winning those last 6 games and hoisting the championship trophy at the end. She couldn't stop smiling and grinning the remainder of the evening follow her team's win. I'll bet the first interview we see her in this fall, she'll still be smiling. :p

ND hasn't released their schedule yet so it's hard to determine their odds of going undefeated.......the ACC is awfully tough and serves to help them in the long run win or lose...........

Reaction Score
That's two freshmen and a sophomore who did next to nothing as a freshmen.

UConn has major holes in terms of size on both ends, defense, and depth. Even shooting could be a weakness if teams decide to take KLS away.

Next year's team could be surprisingly good but they could also be in a whole lot of trouble if they lose any of the returning three starters to injury.........just imagine if KLS goes down with another foot injury or CD has the shin splints again..........that's going to put crazy pressure on CW and MW to pick up the scoring slack...........they may very well be up to the challenge but I'd rather not find out that way............

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
  • Next year's team could be surprisingly good but they could also be in a whole lot of trouble if they lose any of the returning three starters to injury....just imagine if KLS goes down with another foot injury or CD has the shin splints again.....that's going to put crazy pressure on CW and MW to pick up the scoring slack......they may very well be up to the challenge but I'd rather not find out that way..

It's too early to tell. The freshmen haven't even arrived yet. As you say, UConn could be real good, real bad, or somewhere in the middle. Geno and staff have a long history of putting competitive teams on the floor every year, even after losing a considerable amount of talent. We'll see if he's able to pull a rabbit out his hat this year. One thing is for sure. The 3 returning starters cannot carry the team by themselves.

Does that line through charliebball's name mean what I think it does?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's too early to tell. The freshmen haven't even arrived yet. As you say, UConn could be real good, real bad, or somewhere in the middle. Geno and staff have a long history of putting competitive teams on the floor every year, even after losing a considerable amount of talent. We'll see if he's able to pull a rabbit out his hat this year. One thing is for sure. The 3 returning starters cannot carry the team by themselves.

Does that line through charliebball's name mean what I think it does?
“Real bad” would be about 28-6. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom