Will this year's freshmen Bigs rival last year's guards? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Will this year's freshmen Bigs rival last year's guards?

Reaction Score
I may be wrong, but I believe Adhel Tac will become an important piece for the Gamecocks late in the season.

Reaction Score
I may be wrong, but I believe Adhel Tac will become an important piece for the Gamecocks late in the season.
Maybe “late” as you said, The question early will be “ who picks up the defensive assignments fastest? Dauda who is a proven shot blocker but new to the system? Sania who is well schooled in the defensive system! Or Tac, a true freshman with only a summer/fall of practice?

Reaction Score
As a biased Gamecock fan, I really think that Joyce Edwards should have been the #1 player in this class and I don't understand why she moved from #2 to #3 in the rankings. Take the most recent FIBA tournament as an example. Edwards started over Strong and was named the tournament MVP.

I wouldn’t say the FIBA tournament is a good measuring stick because Sarah played limited minutes coming off a leg injury she sustained in the Chipotle Nationals.

Joyce is really good, but Sarah’s 3-level scoring and ability to run an offense is most certainly why she was ranked #1 at almost every outlet.

Stewie & A’ja was a great comparison, but I’m more inclined to compare them, respectively, to Candace Parker & Sylvia Fowles.

Reaction Score
I don’t see Strong playing much for UConn next season. Maybe 5-10 minutes per game. Geno played a 4 guard line-up successfully last Year and it takes bigs longer to adjust to the college game. I see Sarah as behind Jana, Ice, Ayanna and Aubrey when she gets healthy to play the big in a 4 guard rotation.

Koval and Edwards seems the most likely to have a big impact on their teams.
He was almost forced to go with a four guard lineup. If Strong is in the same category as Collier and Moore, and several coaches believe she is, then she will definitely be in the starting line-up.

Reaction Score
Looking at all the post season tournaments where Joyce Edward’s was named the MVP, every one she participated in, how could she drop from 2 to 3? Has someone seen an explanation as to why she fell in the rankings?

Reaction Score
Looking at all the post season tournaments where Joyce Edward’s was named the MVP, every one she participated in, how could she drop from 2 to 3? Has someone seen an explanation as to why she fell in the rankings?
So she would be ranked the same as Aliya Boston.

Reaction Score
I don’t see Strong playing much for UConn next season. Maybe 5-10 minutes per game. Geno played a 4 guard line-up successfully last Year and it takes bigs longer to adjust to the college game. I see Sarah as behind Jana, Ice, Ayanna and Aubrey when she gets healthy to play the big in a 4 guard rotation.

Koval and Edwards seems the most likely to have a big impact on their teams.
Are you serious. The number one strong forward in the nation's high school and she's picked a school with dire need of rebounding and she's only going to be playing five or ten minutes a game. How about twenty five or thirty?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom