Will Sterling Dupree Gibbs... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will Sterling Dupree Gibbs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our starting five will present serious challenges for most teams to defend assuming we see March Purvis (not the totals, but the consistency and aggressiveness) and a jump in consistency and IQ from DHam. Gibbs focus will be on running the offense and hitting 3's.

The primary concern is running the show on offense. Admittedly I have not seen him in a full game to learn if he knows how to run a team, but I imagine he is capable as he has been a PG his entire collegiate career. Last year not only was Boat moving to a new position full time, but he had to develop chemistry with an entirely new group of teammates; Gibbs still needs to mesh with all new guys, but he has more experience as the primary ball handler and those new guys are now a year older and should require less babysitting than they did. With Purvis/Hamilton/Adams/Calhoun/Brimah/Miller all theoretically threats to score 10 any given night, Gibbs will really be making sure they get the ball in spots where they are threats to score. Also, i hope that KO has him pushing the ball every chance especially when Gibbs/Adams/Purvis/Hamilton are all on the floor. If that lineup can hold its own on the defensive end they will destroy teams quickly the other way.

Gibbs from outside the arc though, that is why I am excited. Even without otr threats on his squad he made 75 3's on 44% in the Big East. I expect closer to 100 3's this year, roughly 3 a game. If teams run their D to keep him of the 3 point line they will get eaten alive by driving purvis/ham/adams. If they sit back, he will make it rain. I cannot wait for the season.

Thanks for the #'s. Well thought out post and analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom