Will Muschamp fired? | The Boneyard

Will Muschamp fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Should he come to Connecticut?:rolleyes:

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
All over twitter.

Looks like he is stepping down...no doubt, under serious "pressure" to do so. He was going to be fired, I'm sure.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
He's supposedly coaching the final two games. That must be super awkward....then again, for another $6.3 mill why not!!

Reaction Score
Guy was 11-2, two years ago, and his squad was besieged by injuries a year ago. I thought beating UGA bought him another year but I guess not.

Reaction Score
YUP ... fired.

He waited to hear that his buyout is coming. Then parting was best for both parties.

Reaction Score
They realized they could not afford to wait as they would get killed in recruiting as they were on road to be irrelevant both in Flordia and SEC. Pulled the plug now as on way to another coach P situation next year where they would can him after a couple of games.

Reaction Score
Yup!

darrenrovell1:36pm via Tweetbot for iΟS
Florida will pay about $5,753 A DAY to Will Muschamp for 3 years not to coach the Gators.
A bit off topic, but Darren Rovell is supposed to be a "business reporter" but all he has ever does is report the value of playing/endorsement contracts. At least this time he went the extra 1/2000 of a mile to figure out the buyout's daily value.

Reaction Score
That is quite the unemployment check.

Any idea if this becomes null and void if he signs elsewhere, or is it all guaranteed? Guy made out like a bandit!

EDIT: Also, how long until the ax falls on Hoke?

The standard language is that they would be on the hook for any difference in salary if/when he signs elsewhere.

Hypothetical: If he were to sign elsewhere for $1 mil a year Florida would be on the hook for the difference.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The standard language is that they would be on the hook for any difference in salary if/when he signs elsewhere.

Hypothetical: If he were to sign elsewhere for $1 mil a year Florida would be on the hook for the difference.

I think that is only true in an at will severance agreement. These contracts are typically guaranteed service agreements. For instance Uconn was on the hook for ever none of former "Coach" Pasqualoni's buyout, regardless of the fact he is now in the employ of the Chicago Bears. It was written into the deal.

Same thing happened with Schottenheimer when he was fired by the Daniel Snyder in the the early 2000s.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
A list of potential replacements...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...maybe-richrod-mcelwain-mullen-gundy-or-stoops

My question - what about Addazio? He's been winning with 5th year transfers at BC but would be able to put his recruiting magic to real work down in Gainesville. He'd bring some needed energy back to that program.

that would be somewhat funny to leave BC that quickly -

If I am Mullen I dont leave Miss St - you have that thing on track.
Gundy - might be time for a change - but he doesnt do it for me.

Reaction Score
Reporters out here are saying RichRod is a serious candidate.

Supposedly Florida wants a coach who brings an uptempo, exciting offense. After Spurrier & then Meyer, they went in a total different direction with a defensive guy which didn't work

Reaction Score
RichRod might be a controversial candidate, but giving him the kind of athletes that Florida produces would be exciting to watch on offense. I don't think it would be a bad hire.

Reaction Score
Reporters out here are saying RichRod is a serious candidate.

Supposedly Florida wants a coach who brings an uptempo, exciting offense. After Spurrier & then Meyer, they went in a total different direction with a defensive guy which didn't work

FWIW
McMurphyESPN 10:37am via TweetDeck
Sources told me Dan Mullen & Rich Rod will not be among those considered to replace Muschamp

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah, Mullen should stay put at Miss State. He's always been able to recruit there and his guys are really starting to bear fruit. Silly to leave now.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
that would be somewhat funny to leave BC that quickly

It just makes sense to me. BC faces the same recruiting challenges as any other northeast team. Their support is limited, at best. And he's won with a plethora of 5th year transfer types the past few seasons (i.e. - not a bunch of young recruits who will be there for years). He's always been noted as a great recruiter and motivator. If FL wants to make a bigger offensive splash, then they might have to cycle through the higher profile OCs around the country. But if the money doesn't match, I think Addazio would be a good hire. Brings back a former Gator to Gainesville and puts him into the heart of very fertile recruiting grounds for him to mine.

But maybe I'm just pushing this because I'd like to see BC take a few steps back again. :)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Mistake by FL. No coach of any worth is jumping into that slot. To compete with Bama in the SEC and FSU in FL coming off two undefeated seasons, starting that far behind in talent and recruiting status at a school known for impatience?

John Gruden is about the only guy who might stand a chance. Neither RROD or the Stoops boys will match up. I don't think Mullen will leave MSU, not now.

Even the Meyer years coincided with a down cycle at FSU and before the rise of the SEC. They're screwed as far as far term SEC titles go.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
that would be somewhat funny to leave BC that quickly -

If I am Mullen I dont leave Miss St - you have that thing on track.
Gundy - might be time for a change - but he doesnt do it for me.

No way, they will never have another season like this. They are all 5th year seniors, Dak is leaving. This is Mullen's shot, and he knows it. He gone.

Edit: MSU is also very far behind UF in money. UF has the richest (or 2nd now with Bama's resurgence) AD in the SEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom