Will Muschamp fired? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will Muschamp fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
No way, they will never have another season like this. They are all 5th year seniors, Dak is leaving. This is Mullen's shot, and he knows it. He gone.

Edit: MSU is also very far behind UF in money. UF has the richest (or 2nd now with Bama's resurgence) AD in the SEC.

I am 50/50 on Dak leaving - the lose 6 on O and 7 on D I think - we will revisit after the coaching carousel is over.

:)

Reaction Score
It just makes sense to me. BC faces the same recruiting challenges as any other northeast team. Their support is limited, at best. And he's won with a plethora of 5th year transfer types the past few seasons (i.e. - not a bunch of young recruits who will be there for years). He's always been noted as a great recruiter and motivator. If FL wants to make a bigger offensive splash, then they might have to cycle through the higher profile OCs around the country. But if the money doesn't match, I think Addazio would be a good hire. Brings back a former Gator to Gainesville and puts him into the heart of very fertile recruiting grounds for him to mine.

But maybe I'm just pushing this because I'd like to see BC take a few steps back again. :)

You probably are not familiar with how SA left his OC position at Florida. For some weird reason, he was VERY unpopular with the fans/alums so I find it hard to believe they would entertain brining him back as the HC.

Anyways, I do find it interesting that the conventional wisdom on here at the time SA was hired at BC was that he was a mediocre and uninspiring hire. Now he is mentioned by some here for every major opening that comes up (Michigan, Florida, etc.)

Honest question.....the conventional wisdom on here when BD was hired by Uconn was that that Uconn had the much better coach. Question, knowing what you know now, if you had the choice of either SA or BD for your program, who would you take?

(FWIW, I think your last sentence is spot on. :))

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
You probably are not familiar with how SA left his OC position at Florida. For some weird reason, he was VERY unpopular with the fans/alums so I find it hard to believe they would entertain brining him back as the HC.

Anyways, I do find it interesting that the conventional wisdom on here at the time SA was hired at BC was that he was a mediocre and uninspiring hire. Now he is mentioned by some here for every major opening that comes up (Michigan, Florida, etc.)

Honest question.....the conventional wisdom on here when BD was hired by Uconn was that that Uconn had the much better coach. Question, knowing what you know now, if you had the choice of either SA or BD for your program, who would you take?

Of course we have the better coach - He is a past Broyles Award winner...
:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Hey SMU is looking for a program builder aren't they? :eek:

Reaction Score
I think that is only true in an at will severance agreement. These contracts are typically guaranteed service agreements. For instance Uconn was on the hook for ever none of former "Coach" Pasqualoni's buyout, regardless of the fact he is now in the employ of the Chicago Bears. It was written into the deal.

Same thing happened with Schottenheimer when he was fired by the Daniel Snyder in the the early 2000s.

Yup...

darrenrovell 12:42pm via Twitter Web Client
Will Muschamp will get a buyout worth about $6.3M from Florida, which WILL NOT be reduced even when he gets another job.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

You're right - I have/had no idea how he left UF. All I was going on was his ability to completely turn around two struggling northeast programs without the best of recruiting areas. I reckon he'd do some magic coaching somewhere in the south. Kids seem to love him. But yeah, if he was run out of town there, then that would cut his chances. Maybe he will hop on the coaching carousel to go somewhere else. Please? :)

There are tons of UCONN fans who wanted Hathaway to try to fleece Temple when Edsall quit. Temple beat us to him by a few weeks thanks to Randy's covert Maryland dealings. Had Randy left in early December like everyone else, I think we would have hired him. But then again, we are talking about Jeff Hathaway - perhaps the worst AD of all time. He still may have wound up hiring PP.

Reaction Score
I'm calling it now. Stoops is going to leave Oklahoma for this gig. It's time.

Maybe. I certainly think he has probably done all that he can at OU. I just think it's unusual for a guy to leave one really good head coaching job for another, but we will see. One thing is for sure, they are nervous in Gainesville right now as they have slipped quite a bit from the recent glory days and fallen behind their two big rivals in state and are really behind FSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom