Will Micah Leon Be On the Short List? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will Micah Leon Be On the Short List?

Will Micah Leon be on the QB short list announced this week?

• Yes

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 54.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Gang, its been a close competition- closer than some wish to believe and Nositcal raises a good question.
Ole Miss got a lot of good PR yesterday for having a 100% vaccine rate...do we know the latest on UConn? I think the last we heard was 90%. And is it fair to assume that no vax = no play?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Ole Miss got a lot of good PR yesterday for having a 100% vaccine rate...do we know the latest on UConn? I think the last we heard was 90%. And is it fair to assume that no vax = no play?
Edsall said at the start of camp we are 93% vaccinated across the scholarship and walk on players. Maybe that has improved some since then, probably. Word is that initially the school planned to deny game time to unvaccinated players - but I’m not sure if that ever became official policy vs “pending” policy. Let’s see if the media manages to ask the right questions in the weeks ahead.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So did the unvaccinated get exemptions and if not why can they practice and be around the team now if UConn is mandating vaccines? Is it because school isn't in session yet?

Reaction Score
I haven’t seen a public update but on media day (7/29) Edsall said they were @ 93% fully vaccinated (96 out of 103).
It could also mean the remaining Guys had 1 shot and were in line for #2.

Reaction Score
So ... what happened to "The Plan". This was the week they said they would announce the short list. Here we are on Thursday and ... crickets. Doesn't bode well. Perhaps it indicates fear that they will lose another QB to the portal? Or perhaps they still cannot make up their minds? Either way, not good.

Reaction Score
So ... what happened to "The Plan". This was the week they said they would announce the short list. Here we are on Thursday and ... crickets. Doesn't bode well. Perhaps it indicates fear that they will lose another QB to the portal? Or perhaps they still cannot make up their minds? Either way, not good.
When asked last week about the appearance that Jack Zergiotis seemed to be moving ahead, RE said the final decision would be made until game week. They may have someone in mind, but aren’t ready to announce it yet. Patience.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe in the age of the portal it is best to run a long competition.

Reaction Score

You got that right. I'd even risk losing game one by playing multiple QB's to make it a real game performance based competition vs naming a QB early and risk a sudden departure. The needs of the season are more important than one game, especially when we are such huge underdogs in game one. I'm not saying that's what's going on here as I am just a shmuck with a keyboard but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. It's also very possible that its just a close competition. All three frontrunners appear to have similar skillsets.

Last edited:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
You'd have to think though that one of the three would start to figure it out that they are not going to be QB 1 or 2.....if we are.playing all three because we are afraid to lose one to the portal, then we have some big problems. We need to play the best players we can and not worry about hurt feelings. If they can't handle the competition and want to run away then those aren't the players needed for this team. I can't see RE feeling like he needs to stroke egos. He isn't that kind of coach from what we've seen in past seasons.

Reaction Score
So ... what happened to "The Plan". This was the week they said they would announce the short list. Here we are on Thursday and ... crickets.
When asked last week about the appearance that Jack Zergiotis seemed to be moving ahead, RE said the final decision would be made until game week. They may have someone in mind, but aren’t ready to announce it yet. Patience.
I really don’t remember anyone saying they would publicly announce a short list:

“Edsall said Thursday that all five candidates will compete in the first week of practice, which began Friday, and the coaching staff will review film and determine “maybe two guys” who will emerge and get the majority of repetitions at QB1, while the three others fight for the third-string position.”

… and then:

“Edsall did not acknowledge that pecking order as anything close to an official depth chart, just pointing out that he and his coaching staff are evaluating each of the four quarterbacks constantly. “We have a process that we’re going through and we’ve been rotating guys,” Edsall said. “We’ll have a scrimmage (Sunday) and we’ll keep going through the process we’re going through, and see how it all works out.””

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You'd have to think though that one of the three would start to figure it out that they are not going to be QB 1 or 2.....if we are.playing all three because we are afraid to lose one to the portal, then we have some big problems. We need to play the best players we can and not worry about hurt feelings. If they can't handle the competition and want to run away then those aren't the players needed for this team. I can't see RE feeling like he needs to stroke egos. He isn't that kind of coach from what we've seen in past seasons.
Sure, but what if all three are very similar…

That said, I think there is a leader of the three- but the staff is just not ready to declare it yet.

Running a QB competition in fall camp isn’t unusual at all. I think if you look around you’ll find many programs are doing it when the starter from the prior season has moved on.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Sure, but what if all three are very similar…

That said, ithink there is a leader of the three- but the staff is just not ready to declare it yet.

Running a QB competition in fall camp isn’t unusual at all. I think if you look around you’ll find many programs are doing it when the starter from the prior season has moved on.
Agreed but I would hope we could name a starter or at least the top two before the week of game one....in the end, as long as we get solid QB play this season it doesn't matter how it plays out this summer!

Reaction Score
Yeah, my thought too. But the QB's by now must know what the story is unless it has been very artfully disguised. Thing is, we are essentially two weeks from the first game. Why not just tell ML that he is not in the two deep just yet because the staff wants to see how good the OL is at pass protection (and establishment of the run, for that matter) so for the first few games the guys who are more used to rolling out, run pass options, and scrambling are on the short list. But that could change if UConn looks good enough, or gets good enough, to support a pro style passing attack.

And maybe they have already handled it that way and just don't want to tip Fresno off to what they have planned. I say that because, reading between the lines, the press seems to know and are being deliberately vague.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom