Will Micah Leon Be On the Short List? | The Boneyard

Will Micah Leon Be On the Short List?

Will Micah Leon be on the QB short list announced this week?

• Yes

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 54.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
The most likely scenario this week is that the short list will be composed of Jack Zergiotis and Steven Krajewski. How many of us think that ML will break into that scenario instead? This, of course, means that we are assuming that Tyler Phommachanh's redshirt year will not be burned -- a likely assumption at this point in time, anyway.

Reaction Score
I think they will all get an opportunity to play. Keep working and be ready when its your turn.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If Leone refuses to be vaccinated it will be a moot point.
Hmmm...was that the hidden message in Edsalls comments about Leon? I though it was about injury...was it more about availability...due to not getting vaccinated?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Short answer is everything we have seen has shown Edsall will give Leon all the opportunities/chances he can give someone.
Just offering him a scholarship was a stretch.
Edsall (and his staff) obviously see things in him most of us haven't had a chance to see.
Not saying they're right or wrong, not saying he's good or bad. Just saying he is staying in the competition as long as possible.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If we have three QBs who are close in the competition, I'd have to say Leon would be QB3 in my list because of his injury history. I'm not going to take my chances with a QB who hasn't played a game in 2+ years and could go down when I can go with a QB who has a better chance to stay healthy. I know that anything can happen in a season but if there is a real close competition and I had to find something to differentiate the QBs if I was RE, this might be one I'd look at. I think the injury history is going to work against Leon unless he blows the competition away.

Reaction Score
My guess is he will be #3 behind Z and Krejewski. I suspect he is starting from a pretty deep hole. The other 2 have game experience.

Reaction Score
My heart wants to believe that there is a place for a 6-5 225 pro style passer. Not sure the OL is quite ready to provide that kind of pass protection, so that may enter into it. Whatever gets announced, we are gonna see something on Saturday. Hoping for a controlled scrimmage format. Do we know what the format will be?

Reaction Score
Let's hope someone really steps up and becomes a clear cut number 1. Maybe we will have a better idea after the practice on Saturday.

Reaction Score
He’s big but that all he’s got going for him. His HS stats were not that impressive and he hasn’t played a game since. He needs to be qb 3 and let all the reps go to Steven Krajewski snd Jack Zergiotis

Reaction Score
Gang, its been a close competition- closer than some wish to believe and Nositcal raises a good question.
oh. so we're gonna suck again, then

Reaction Score
He’s big but that all he’s got going for him. His HS stats were not that impressive and he hasn’t played a game since. He needs to be qb 3 and let all the reps go to Steven Krajewski snd Jack Zergiotis
I’m not sure but I think he hasn’t taken a snap in 5 years,

Reaction Score
Well, I think that all we have measured here is that there are two choices and no one has a clue. So it is close to a tie since we are all just guessing.

Reaction Score
Did not read yesterday's Journal Inquirer until now. Neill Ostrout reported that Jack Zergiotis appears to have inched ahead and that ML is looking like #2. Steven Krajewski was practicing with the third string Saturday.

Reaction Score
Did not read yesterday's Journal Inquirer until now. Neill Ostrout reported that Jack Zergiotis appears to have inched ahead and that ML is looking like #2. Steven Krajewski was practicing with the third string Saturday.
Here’s the referenced article from Saturday for others (also a nice shout out for Phommachanh by Fortt in the article):

-> Jack Zergiotis, the Huskies sophomore signal-caller from Montreal, appears to be inching ahead in the competition to be the team’s starter. Zergiotis, who played in 10 games for the Huskies in 2019 -- the last season that the program played intercollegiate competition -- worked with the first team during practice Saturday evening. <-

-> Micah Leon, junior who transferred from N.C. State and has yet to play in a game for the Huskies, played with the second team during Saturday’s practice. Steven Krajewski, a sophomore from Macomb, Michigan, who played in four games in 2019, worked with the third team.

Edsall did not acknowledge that pecking order as anything close to an official depth chart, just pointing out that he and his coaching staff are evaluating each of the four quarterbacks constantly.

“We have a process that we’re going through and we’ve been rotating guys,” Edsall said. “We’ll have a scrimmage (Sunday) and we’ll keep going through the process we’re going through, and see how it all works out.” <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom