Will Jackson Commits To UConn!!!!!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Will Jackson Commits To UConn!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't understand why ESPN has him as a 3* and a 78, but this is what they say about him: "Willie is just about the best all-around guard prospect in his class heading in to his sophomore year. He's got a great point guard acumen already. Has a good chance to be a big point guard that may be one of the better guards out of Georgia in recent memory. The sky's the limit for him.."

Reaction Score
KO's vision for how he wants his teams to look is really starting to take shape. Long and athletic backcourt with Jackson and Ali, another long player at the SF position in DHam but not the ballhandling liability that we've seen with some of the other 6'7"-6'8" guys we've seen in the past, and more long and rangy athletic bigs in Brimah, Facey, and Nolan. Now we're just one high level big man away from putting together a stellar class.

What's Cheick Diallo waiting for?
Come on!!!

Chance Comanche and Jesse Govan are going to beat you to the punch.

Reaction Score
I'm done on this thread, should have just started a new one instead of raining on the kid's parade. Woohoo happy we got a great recruit.

caw

Reaction Score
I may be wrong but Nova is or is not a top ten team right now? There are worse things. I agree we need a big. Love Jackson, been saying he wasn't necessarily second choice for awhile. They spent too much time on him.

Reaction Score
I believe it is #2 in AAC. Still #14 Nationally though which is great.

Nope check again. That was before Jackson committed. Check again you can't post links to that site on here though, just an FYI

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why but I thought Jackson was supposed to be a back up option to Adams .... So pumped, didn't relise he was a top 30-40 player and rated higher then Adams. Another note, lubin and turtle are both from Georgia. New pipeline?

Reaction Score
Actually, I'm pretty sure he has a mob behind him. I'm getting my pitchfork as we speak. Stop digging, friend.
I'm at every game. You and your internet friends can come find me, I sit two rows behind Mrs. Napier.

Reaction Score
So am I right with this depth chart for 2015? This would leave us with 1 more scholly....which would almost have to be a big man, no?

I love the Will Jackson pick up.......But I would say even if Jalen and him could play in the same back court together, there is a very slim chance we don't target a big man for the last spot, barring any changes to the holdovers...

Rodney Purvis RJR 6'4 G
Daniel Hamilton SO 6'6 SG/SF
Omar Calhoun SR 6'6 SG/SF
Phil Nolan SR 6'10 PF
Amida Brimah JR 7'0 C

Kentan Facey JR 6'9 SF/PF
Terrence Samuel JR 6'4 PG
Will Jackson FR 6'5 PG
Prince Ali FR 6'4 SG
Sam Cassell Jr. JR 6'3 PG
Rakim Lubin SO 6'7 PF
Leon Tolksdorf SR 6'8 SF

Reaction Score
I'm done on this thread, should have just started a new one instead of raining on the kid's parade. Woohoo happy we got a great recruit.
Better if you were just done period if this thread is any indication of your basketball IQ. Tool. This kid is a amazing pickup.

Reaction Score
So far for 2015:

6-4 Prince Ali
6-5 Turtle Jackson

Both 4-star, top 75 prospects.

So far so good.

When's the last time we had two guys this good committed this early? When I watched KO's introduction as a coach, I figured he'd be a force in the living room...but wow, this is impressive.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Nope check again. That was before Jackson committed. Check again you can't post links to that site on here though, just an FYI
It still says n.2 AAC, 14 nat but I think your right because that doesn't seem right

Reaction Score
Great news!!! Welcome Will! We're going to have lots of length on D on the perimeter, not to mention all kinds of scoring options. Hopefully we get a big dude next!

WTGKO & Staff!!

Reaction Score
When you have a team full of 6'3"-6'6" skilled guys, the need for big men is slightly diminished. You just need your guards and wings to crash the boards. Those are a big boys who can do it all. With a couple good bigs, they'll be fine. We'll be playing "small ball" with not so small guys, perfect.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This should free Ollie up to go all in on diallo or govan correct? Imagine our class with one of those two added in. Chills. But is turtle a 6'5 pg? If so our size in the backcourt is wowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom