Will it be Yale? | The Boneyard

Will it be Yale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not going to Yale. Perhaps they can just GA the whole place for $10. There's your FC outreach.

F

fortebleedsblue

could be fun ... I don't have the attachment that most of the old timers on here do :p .... If this were to happen I'm curious how the seating would be handled.

Reaction Score
Any idea on when a decision will be made? I don't mind the Fordham game being played there, I just want the game to be played this weekend. It'd be ridiculous to cancel the game altogether.

Reaction Score
just get it in I dont care if its played on a high school field just get it in

F

fortebleedsblue

just get it in I dont care if its played on a high school field just get it in

Lets play Fordham at Fordham and pack it with Uconn fans lol

Reaction Score
If UConn now knows that the Yale Bowl is available if they need it, they are not handling the situation well. Tell people the game will be played Saturday afternoon (a time would be great), that it will be at either the Rent or Yale and tell them when the final decision will be made.

This is not a state secret. It's no one's fault we had a hurricane and a postponement, but more information about where this is heading, instead of waiting to know for sure, would be helpful to many.

[cue Waquoit to talk about the new AD.]

Reaction Score
This would be a great solution. Make Lemonade out of the Lemons. If it goes well, they should consider playing the Michigan game there. 60,000 at a UCONN game would be an awesome sight.

Reaction Score
This would be fun. Closer to my home in Fairfield County. When I was young (about 10ish, I'm 53 now) my Dad would take me to Yale football games. We would tailgate in the grass fields below the bowl. It's a fun location to tailgate. I expect everyone from Hartford County to attend, especially when I think back to Boneyard comments about people in FC not traveling. I was planning to make the 67 mile drive from Wilton to the Rent for the Thursday night game and work in NYC on Friday. It's only 35 miles from the Rent to Yale Bowl and it's downhill both ways! Hopefully everyone shows and supports the team.

Reaction Score
The location isn't a problem for me, it's the time that will determine if I can go.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Cheshire High School Marching Band, which is still expected to perform at half time, was told the game will start at 3:00.

Reaction Score
If publicized well, having the Fordham game at the bowl might actually draw a larger crowd on Sat then having the game at the Rent. Alot of people who wouldn't otherwise care to see glorified scrimmage might go to the bowl because it would now be a unique event.

Reaction Score
If the 3:00 p.m. start time is accurate, wouldn't that make the Yale Bowl less likely due to its lack of lighting?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I just double checked my e-mail from the band director and he used the word "tentatively scheduled".

The UCONN Game scheduled for this Thursday, September 1, has been tentatively postponed until Saturday, September 3, due to the fact that the emergency relief effort for Hurricane Irene is being staged at the stadium. The Governor is not releasing the stadium until this relief effort has been completed. Therefore, the game has been tentatively rescheduled to Saturday, September 3, 3:00 p.m.

When I get more info from the band director I'll let you know. He's probably getting his info from UConn or maybe Coach P personally.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Whether the game is rescheduled to either Yale Bowl or at the Rent I am just hoping they are still going to broadcast on espn3.com. Any idea if that wouldn't happen?

Reaction Score
For the record, it's unlikely we could move the Michigan game to the Yale Bowl. According to this (which has been very accurate with dates in the past) the Michigan game will be on September 21, 2013. The Ivy League season will have already begun, so I doubt they'll let us use the stadium then.

Reaction Score
Is this a bad dream? We have a Governor who has usurped the one piece of state property actually needed this weekend. He has to be in the top 5 of the biggest morons to ever hold higher office - if you voted for this guy, I hope you like the results.

We have a new AD who seems to be sitting with his thumb up his . As BL posted, if this were hathaway there would eb a lynch mob forming. We have a President of the U who is front and center right up until the time she is actually needed. We have the highest paid state employees being held hostage by the ultimate amateur, and sitting idly by.

Now, we have the potential to move the game to a venue where the relief is needed most, so that the relief effort can operate effectively from 50 miles away. And to play at a stadium w/no lights late in afternoon - um, what if it is not sunny or it actually rains?

This state and the flagship U look like the keystone cops. Any claims we make about being taken seriously as a BCS school have to be seriously reconsidered in light of this. It would be nice if one of the highly paid or elected officials would look and act like they holding an executive position.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Shouldn't be Yale because their parking lot can only hold 4K. It was also flooded during Irene. In addition some staff members who work the games at The Rent depend on the games for their paychecks.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Is this a bad dream? We have a Governor who has usurped the one piece of state property actually needed this weekend. He has to be in the top 5 of the biggest morons to ever hold higher office - if you voted for this guy, I hope you like the results.

We have a new AD who seems to be sitting with his thumb up his . As BL posted, if this were hathaway there would eb a lynch mob forming. We have a President of the U who is front and center right up until the time she is actually needed. We have the highest paid state employees being held hostage by the ultimate amateur, and sitting idly by.

Now, we have the potential to move the game to a venue where the relief is needed most, so that the relief effort can operate effectively from 50 miles away. And to play at a stadium w/no lights late in afternoon - um, what if it is not sunny or it actually rains?

This state and the flagship U look like the keystone cops. Any claims we make about being taken seriously as a BCS school have to be seriously reconsidered in light of this. It would be nice if one of the highly paid or elected officials would look and act like they holding an executive position.

Again, you do realize JEFF HATHAWAY IS STILL EMPLOYED BY THE AD, AS OF TODAY. Don't let that get in the way of your nonsensical rant.

Reaction Score
We should just bribe Fordham, get them to forfeit and have a scrimmage in the Burton Complex.

Reaction Score
1. It will only be Yale if it can't occur at the Rent.

2. If it can't occur at the Rent, there is nothing UConn can do about workers losing paychecks.

3. Since Yale has told the Hour they could host it, forgive me if I go with that for their ability to as opposed to your speculation. The Bowl has had crowds upwards of 30k whenever Harvard plays, when the Giants were there, for a pre-World Cup match before the U.S. world Cup -- parking is ugly but people park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom