Will I be in withdrawal... | The Boneyard

Will I be in withdrawal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
once the season ends? please tell me the women's bball threads are active thru the off season?

i would miss all of you something fierce :(

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Well, we all DO get withdrawal...but IIRC we compensate by making future predictions, adding provocation and perplexingly wide ranging topics....in other words, business as usual here....thank heavens the Boneyard never closes for the offseason!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
BY keeps going, 'tho it does tend to wander even further afield. More chatter about the WNBA, recruiting, other women's sports, including softball, golf, tennis, and general silliness.:p

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We oncehad a 15 page thread about pizza, hamburgs and ice cream during the summer. And, summer is the time we host our annual Lurker Day, when only those with less than 75 responses can post. We do that to encourage new or infrequent posters to get involved with the board without having to fear being intimidated, outshouted or otherwise inhibited.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
once the season ends? please tell me the women's bball threads are active thru the off season?

i would miss all of you something fierce :(
Threads about next years (and the following years,) starting lineups will start April 10. Maybe late April 9th. :rolleyes:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
not to mention those harrowing cuticle nibbling threads about recruiting.
Same stuff as comments on coaching....is Geno doing it right, wrong, etc. You won't be bored. :p

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
You won't believe it...we can argue about how to rank banana slicers...man, stick with us, kid, we'll show ya da woild!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Threads about next years (and the following years,) starting lineups will start April 10. Maybe late April 9th. :rolleyes:
About May 1st, people will start asking when the 2013-14 schedule comes out. :)

Reaction Score
Questions like "Who is the most ________ (fill in the blank) ever to play at UConn become heated discussions.

UConn's all-defensive (many other adjectives) team will get posters like me out of my dormant state.

And of course, the off-season cannot be complete without a few threads about the Evil Empire.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Questions like "Who is the most ________ (fill in the blank) ever to play at UConn become heated discussions.

UConn's all-defensive (many other adjectives) team will get posters like me out of my dormant state.

And of course, the off-season cannot be complete without a few threads about the Evil Empire.

Which evil empire? The old one or the one we are playing on Sunday??

Reaction Score
Ha. Probably both. But now that you mention it, the green evil empire will replace the yellow orange one.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
You mean replace the orange one..., orange still makes some of us see red.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The board was rather active last summer because of the Olympics and the international competitions our incoming frosh participated in. It will be quieter this offseason. But not dead.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
We oncehad a 15 page thread about pizza, hamburgs and ice cream during the summer. And, summer is the time we host our annual Lurker Day, when only those with less than 75 responses can post. We do that to encourage new or infrequent posters to get involved with the board without having to fear being intimidated, outshouted or otherwise inhibited.

I remember the Soda Pop thread, and the favorite summertime drink thread..... I must have missed the thread about pizza, hamburger, and ice cream. Sounds like my kinda thread :D

Reaction Score
not to mention those harrowing cuticle nibbling threads about recruiting.
Same stuff as comments on coaching....is Geno doing it right, wrong, etc. You won't be bored. :p

perfect! i'm going to fit right in then!

Reaction Score

:D I love food and i can shout with the best of them! i am woman, HEAR ME ROAR! :D

Reaction Score
:D I love food and i can shout with the best of them! i am woman, HEAR ME ROAR! :D
Congratulations, I believe you are the first to ever quote Helen Reddy on the BY. Some of the old timers might need to correct me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom