Will Hartford Athletic ever win a game? | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Will Hartford Athletic ever win a game?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The entire deal was great from soup to nuts. You "missed a spot over there" guys should go back to killing AD Dave.

Reaction Score
This team will have no problem with attendance, I think. Guess next step might be to further redevelop the stadium, team and even probably add seats, from the way things are looking.

Their present season average exceeds the capacity of Dillon.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Can someone take a pic of what the stadium looks like next time you're there. Is it in its final state or is there more construction to be done? Is there really not an updated scoreboard??

I'd like to get over there with my family sometime this year.

Does it look like a glorified high school stadium?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can someone take a pic of what the stadium looks like next time you're there. Is it in its final state or is there more construction to be done? Is there really not an updated scoreboard??

I'd like to get over there with my family sometime this year.

Does it look like a glorified high school stadium?

Sort of. Not really glorified though.

The audio, scoreboard and lights arent done.

It’s not like you need a fancy scoreboatd. You just really need clocks.

Reaction Score
It’s a minor league city’s minor league/high school stadium in the northeast, not Camp Nou or a Texas high school gridiron Taj Mahal. Aside from simple time and score, the basic scoreboard’s functions will add more value for high school football.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
0713192018_HDR_resized.jpg

I took a quick pic as we were leaving. It looks pretty nice from behind.

Reaction Score
The actual 70's-era scoreboard was on the ground next to the scoreboard tower. The temp score board is brand new.

Couldn't make it yesterday, so thanks for the info.. looking forward to the 20th!

Reaction Score
Do they have or have plans for beer gardens/bar areas around the endzones? I think as long as the experience is centered around day drinking people will come out. That's just a CT summer staple the Yard Goats and Travelers Champ have taken advantage of. Place kind of looks a like a cleaner version of New Britain's stadium, probably add a few bells and whistles along the way I guess.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A beer garden is planned for behind the North goal.

Reaction Score
Had to be something unrelated to Bridgeport you sort of accept as OK
Did you know Hartford is the capital of the state? :rolleyes: Was a fan of the team, dummy.

Fairfield native, Fairfield Prep grad, we actually have a history of winning in hockey....

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't recall saying the Failures' colors sucked. :rolleyes:

The navy blue, silver and green scheme was better.

So the colors Athletic uses?

Reaction Score
Did you know Hartford is the capital of the state? :rolleyes: Was a fan of the team, dummy.

Fairfield native, Fairfield Prep grad, we have actually have a history of winning in hockey....
3rd rail tapped. Wait, New Haven’s no longer the capital of CT. Lucky for the Elm City now it got that off its’ back in the late 19th century.

Recruiting in Fairfield and New Haven county towns, yup Fairfield Prep has had some resulting hockey success. No surprise given most competing public schools don’t recruit as much, and oft lose a few top players to better private schools.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Sort of. Not really glorified though.

The audio, scoreboard and lights arent done.

It’s not like you need a fancy scoreboatd. You just really need clocks.
I saw the news report online from WFSB. Stadium looked decent. I guess we're spoiled with the Yard Goats having a Major League feeling stadium for a minor league team. My guess is that most USL teams play in similar stadiums.

Will definitely need to check it out. Was there plenty of room to tailgate?

Reaction Score
So the colors Athletic uses?
How about some originality? Only point I've been making.

When you hang your city's civic pride on an NHL team that failed....and you're one of the oldest Euro settlements in the US...

Reaction Score
Do you have to pay for parking?
$10 per car. plenty of spaces to tailgate and plenty out there making use of a cleaned up dirt lot. the tailgate in lot 2 was more fun than the game, but maybe I'm (our crew) just used to UConn Football. All in all it was a fun time, got to see the first game at Dillon, make it over to YG's comeback W, and the riverfront fireworks. Hartford certainly had it on Saturday.

.02 - stadium does not appear to be $14m, though like stated, the site was a disaster and im sure the foundation took over the majority of those funds. plumbing needs to be finished, asap, lights and sound to follow, I would presume. 5p kickoff was nice though.

Reaction Score
C'mon give Connecticut credit for creating value for other states with the Whalers, GE, UTC and some day, maybe, the Athletic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom