Will Gonzaga Win the National Championship? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Will Gonzaga Win the National Championship?

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Lonzo Ball will be the Zags kryptonite... Mark it down

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
T0 be fair, though, that West Virginia team as exactly the sort of team that sometimes looks great (KU in Lawrence) but then can't get out of it's own way in winning time (KU in Lawrence). They're a weird team that's hard to gauge, I think. Because of their style and talent, they'd play with anyone, but good teams find a way to beat them.

That said, I don't think they'll win the title. I do, though, think they'll beat Xavier. But it will be rough. This game has a feel, ironically, of the 1999 UConn team. #1 seed who has made runs but never broken through despite good showings (vs. Duke in 2015). They get a huge upset in the lower half, and it looks like a cakewalk, but then it's a dogfight (UConn vs. Gonzaga; Gonzaga vs. Xavier).

The analogy isn't perfect (Gonzaga has been upset a number of times, and has been knocking at this door for about 15 years), but I'm rooting for them. Get the monkey of your back.

I'll do the same in a few years with Sean Miller.

Couldn't agree more about the parallels between this Gonzaga/Xavier game and the 1999 UConn/Gonzaga game. I'll be happy for X if they win, but as a Gonzaga fan since that 1999 matchup, I hope the top seed takes home the W just like UConn did back in 1999.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom