Will Bouknight be ready to go on Tuesday night? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Will Bouknight be ready to go on Tuesday night?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Reminds me of a scene in one of Charlton Heston's movies where a guy in the crowd was taunting Heston. It did not work out well for the guy. Cannot remember the name of the movie, though.
charlton heston old hollywood GIF

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
He’s not injured or even hurt he’s just completely out of game shape. He’s looked totally gassed the last 2 games. Which is inexcusable, he had an elbow injury. Poor job by the S&C team tbh.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If I can teach Son of Robert how to post an article I can teach you how to create a GIF. Couldn't be any easier with the GIF creator on this board.

I Learned From The Best Drugs GIF by Power
GIF by Justaddsugar GmbH

Almost nobody responded to the thread title, and I wondered why I was reading this.
Then you posted this super easy, super helpful tutorial, and turned this into a wonderful thread.
One post after yours, somebody actually answered on topic, and mused on "literal millions." Great thread.

Will Bouk be ready?
Really got no i-dee-ya
"Game time decision"?

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Before this years injury Bouk was bulked up and physically stronger than last year. Also never looked gassed in the first 6 games. Legs were strong right up to the ending horn.

After the elbow injury, it definitely looks like he lost a lot of muscle, including his legs. He absolutely lost his cardio.

Not sure what physical program the S&C had him on during the 7 weeks he’s been out. I can understand losing upper body muscle because of the elbow limiting certain workouts. But losing lower body strength and cardio shouldn’t have happened. Mystery there as to what went on.

Could be diet? Is the team on a special food regimen provided by the university or are these kids eating whatever they want whenever they want?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I’m sick of watching games where I’m holding my breath every minute hoping we get thru it without any injuries. Bouk needs to get more solid physically. Especially in the NBA where he will be playing against the strongest most skilled players in the world three times per week. I have said it before, the talent is there 100% but his body is not there yet. He needs one more year of college to mature physically.

@uconngb So we should just accept this type of basketball discussion?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Could be diet? Is the team on a special food regimen provided by the university or are these kids eating whatever they want whenever they want?
From what I understand most eat both the team dietician’s meals and whatever they want on the side. I just saw an IG of Martin at the barber shop eating what looked to be fried chicken, but I know they have prepared meals as well. No way diet alone would leave him this out of shape. He was like bent over hands on knees unable to gather enough energy to move 5 feet to help on D by the end of last game. I jokingly said he should switch to edibles in a previous thread on this subject. But in all honest he must not have been doing hard cardio while he was out. He was in incredible shape at the start of the season that’s what’s strange.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He’ll be ready to go at tip-off. How will he feel at the u-16 though?

Reaction Score
Reminds me of a scene in one of Charlton Heston's movies where a guy in the crowd was taunting Heston. It did not work out well for the guy. Cannot remember the name of the movie, though.
After jogging my memory, the movie was Diamond Head and the scene was near the end of the movie.

The other movie was more dramatic and was a masterpiece and one of Heston's best roles.

Reaction Score
Bouk missed how many games? How many pauses did the Team as a whole have to take? He played limited minutes his first game back against Providence and then almost went the distance against Nova? Guy was unstoppable first 10-15 minutes of the game.

Give the kid some credit. He’s probably played the least amount of basketball in his life this season given his injury and COVID. He’s two games back. He has helped us win one and he helped us stay in the game against a top 10 team in the country.

unreal.

Reaction Score
Bouk missed how many games? How many pauses did the Team as a whole have to take? He played limited minutes his first game back against Providence and then almost went the distance against Nova? Guy was unstoppable first 10-15 minutes of the game.

Give the kid some credit. He’s probably played the least amount of basketball in his life this season given his injury and COVID. He’s two games back. He has helped us win one and he helped us stay in the game against a top 10 team in the country.

unreal.

So it's forbidden to say he played awful defense in the 2nd half and dribbled into turnovers? I mean we all know how good he is but there's constant critics on everyone else on the team, he deserves his due too since he's on the same team as they are. We need him to understand the double and triple teams will be abundant on offense now, he needs to find open people and not take bad shots or turn it over. As an overall terrible offensive team every possession is huge.

He wil bounce back tonight I am confident.

Reaction Score
So it's forbidden to say he played awful defense in the 2nd half and dribbled into turnovers? I mean we all know how good he is but there's constant critics on everyone else on the team, he deserves his due too since he's on the same team as they are. We need him to understand the double and triple teams will be abundant on offense now, he needs to find open people and not take bad shots or turn it over. As an overall terrible offensive team every possession is huge.

He wil bounce back tonight I am confident.
I agree but our offense was not doing much. Eventually the best player has to try and take the game over.

Could he have made better decisions? Yes. I also think mentally he believed he can make something work but physically couldn’t do it due to fatigue (and I think some hesitation given elbow earlier in the game).

as for the the defense I remember he got the ball stripped and ran down and almost blocked the shot on the other end. He came up limping but at least he showed some effort.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom