Will 2024 Be Different? | The Boneyard

Will 2024 Be Different?

Reaction Score
Coach Prime??

IMG_2370.jpeg

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Oh no!!!!! Paige had her thumb taped in part of the video! Did I miss the thread(s) speculating about this injury??? :eek::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Oh no!!!!! Paige had her thumb taped in part of the video! Did I miss the thread(s) speculating about this injury??? :eek::rolleyes:
At least it wasn't her shooting hand...just speculating but it might be just a jammed finger as every baller gets sooner or later wishful thing and glad its not so serious that it required reporting

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
The big advantage we have this year going in is depth. It will allow us to press and run, take advantage of our speed and conditioning, keep players' minutes down. Stay fresh to peak at the end of the season like all great UConn teams do.

Last season the numerous significant injuries, excess minutes played, and lack of depth took its toll.

This will take discipline on Geno's part to play his bench and to suffer through the mistakes the first year players will make early on. I know the montra about having to earn minutes in practice - these new players seem to be equipped physically and mentally to do that.

The new jacket might help too.

Reaction Score
Hate to be negative, but based on this team's experience over the last several years, you kind of wonder who is going to have a season ending injury besides Jana. The best thing that would be different would be no more injuries, a healthy, positive and highly motivated team that plays with precision and excellence.

Reaction Score
My fondest hope for this year is that the team stays reasonably injury free. As long as our top 8 person rotation can stay healthy I'll be happy to accept whatever the season may bring. I don't mind losing to a better team on any given night, but I don't like losing when we can't put multiple starters on the floor. Two seasons of work around rotations is enough! I want to see my best against your best and may the best team win.

Reaction Score
UConn's had a two year run of injuries unlike any program I've seen before. If this season is healthy I think it could easily be another title for the Huskies.

However, I will say this season feels more open than the past two years, in part because SC's dominance was somewhat expected and they stayed injury free. Iowa and LSU both peaked at the right time last year and both could easily be there again.

I don't think any one team is going to be lights out this season. The top teams will have good and bad games and I'd be shocked if anyone is undefeated come tournament time (that includes LSU with a weak OOC).

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I know I'm a worry wart, but some of those dance moves, especially KK's, put a strain on their knees. Can't wait for the season to start so I can put these thoughts behind me.

Reaction Score
UConn's had a two year run of injuries unlike any program I've seen before. If this season is healthy I think it could easily be another title for the Huskies.

However, I will say this season feels more open than the past two years, in part because SC's dominance was somewhat expected and they stayed injury free. Iowa and LSU both peaked at the right time last year and both could easily be there again.

I don't think any one team is going to be lights out this season. The top teams will have good and bad games and I'd be shocked if anyone is undefeated come tournament time (that includes LSU with a weak OOC).
A weak schedule works in your favor when you are building a new team. You get to win games while the players are learning to play together. In the end if you have the talent it doesn't matter who you play early. I do think it is exciting for the sport and for the girls to get out there and see who is best early though.

On the LSU v Iowa. I really thought both of those teams were really flawed and had a lot of things go their way to reach the final game. LSU won't be any better this year than last, at least they way they played down the stretch. UCONN will be better at almost every position if all their players remain healthy and that will be way too much for any other team to handle.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
The big question is, how do you measure success? Some UConn fans have been spoiled by success. 11 NCs in 20 years (more or less) will do that. So, IF UConn loses their last game of the season, again, will the season be a failure? I'll leave that up to each "fan."

Reaction Score
On the LSU v Iowa. I really thought both of those teams were really flawed and had a lot of things go their way to reach the final game. LSU won't be any better this year than last, at least they way they played down the stretch. UCONN will be better at almost every position if all their players remain healthy and that will be way too much for any other team to handle.
Yup. Well said.

Reaction Score
I agree both teams had bounces go their way that paved the road for them to make the final game, but that's the beauty of the tournament and sport, even if it's not always the ending we prefer for our favorite teams.

I don't like to see any player get injured no matter who they may represent. UConn's had enough to last a decade. I tend to agree with you the lineup they can put on the floor is outstanding.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I know I'm a worry wart, but some of those dance moves, especially KK's, put a strain on their knees. Can't wait for the season to start so I can put these thoughts behind me.
Agree but kids will be kids doing things that kids do. Obviously they don't need to do any high risk activities like mountain climbing or skate boarding or whatever, but sometimes it's just bad luck. Like Brit Hunter and her career ending injury playing crab soccer at first night all those years ago...

I sort of laugh when I hear someone suggest "bubble wrap" for some of the players, then I think "hmm. if there were only a way"! LOL.

Reaction Score
Looks like Geno is going to give Brady some big minutes at the 4. She may be the key to N. 12. If she can produce (on both ends) in her 1st year playing, it will be huge. KK will also have to have meaningful minutes for our depth. The last 2 years were basically playing to survive the injuries. Maybe we can get lucky for a change and Geno can actually have options this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom