Will 2024 Be Different? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will 2024 Be Different?

Reaction Score
Agree but kids will be kids doing things that kids do. Obviously they don't need to do any high risk activities like mountain climbing or skate boarding or whatever, but sometimes it's just bad luck. Like Brit Hunter and her career ending injury playing crab soccer at first night all those years ago...

I sort of laugh when I hear someone suggest "bubble wrap" for some of the players, then I think "hmm. if there were only a way"! LOL.
Eric, Hunter came to UConn with a bad knee. Doing the bouncy ball thing during first night was a huge mistake. I sincerely hope nothing like that happens this year.

Reaction Score
It's all about their health... They have the overwhelming talent and great coaching. If they can all remain on the court, it will be very difficult for anyone to beat them.

Reaction Score
Looks like Geno is going to give Brady some big minutes at the 4. She may be the key to N. 12. If she can produce (on both ends) in her 1st year playing, it will be huge. KK will also have to have meaningful minutes for our depth. The last 2 years were basically playing to survive the injuries. Maybe we can get lucky for a change and Geno can actually have options this year.
I agree. If Ice is anywhere near our expectations she could be key. Also, I might be the biggest (arguably) Nika fan on the BY, but I wouldn't mind Nika playing a few less minutes if KK proves to be the future of UConn history of great guards. Nika doesn't need the minutes she had to play last year. I also like Ines for different reasons...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I agree. If Ice is anywhere near our expectations she could be key. Also, I might be the biggest (arguably) Nika fan on the BY, but I wouldn't mind Nika playing a few less minutes if KK proves to be the future of UConn history of great guards. Nika doesn't need the minutes she had to play last year. I also like Ines for different reasons...
Unless the game is tight, I want to see the most that any player plays is no more than 25 minutes. That gives them enough time to get the other players some real game time experience that could help win NC #12.

Reaction Score
Unless the game is tight, I want to see the most that any player plays is no more than 25 minutes. That gives them enough time to get the other players some real game time experience that could help win NC #12.
Me too, 25 mins is a good limit. It also means ‘bye bye’ to any scoring records. And that’s probably for the best too.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Me too, 25 mins is a good limit. It also means ‘bye bye’ to any scoring records. And that’s probably for the best too.
Not necessarily, Paige or Azzi could go on a tear in the first half and score more than 45 points. I thought that Lou was going to do it against USF when she went 10 for 10 in three pointers, but Geno took her out with 2+ minutes left in the 3rd period.

Reaction Score
Run and gun. That will help to avoid injuries. If Aaliyah is in good enough shape, they can run teams into the ground. We have two seasoned point guards and a touted freshman PG. Aubrey is a phenomenal athlete. We can run and they can't stop us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom