Wiggins to FSU | The Boneyard

Wiggins to FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@Coast2CoastHoop: Andrew Wiggins, the No. 1 recruit in the 2013 ESPN 100, will commit to Florida State.

Kentucky finally misses on one.

Reaction Score
Love it, they still have four top recruits. But still they are pissed and that is great

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, Florida State managed to snag a recruiting class basically by breeding it themselves.

They really got fortunate with Wiggins and XRM.

Reaction Score
I guess it's now speculation or they don't want it public yet.
@EvanDanielsFOX: Since my phone is now on fire. Quote from Andrew Wiggins coach: "No commit. We are in Jordan Brand dinner."

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Honestly, Florida State managed to snag a recruiting class basically by breeding it themselves.

They really got fortunate with Wiggins and XRM.

This is one area where UConn is just not keeping up. With undoubtedly the best men's and women's basketball programs all together, where are the UConn babies? This may be the key for long-term dominance in college basketball. Imagine the possibilities....Rudy and Maya? Oh well, I guess true love may be important, right Buttercup? Maybe this is the result of Jim Calhoun and Geno not getting along....no grandchildren.

Reaction Score
@22wiggins: Lol if you ain't in my family you know nothing about my recruitment , lol stop with the rumors

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
@22wiggins: Lol if you ain't in my family you know nothing about my recruitment , lol stop with the rumors
Feel bad for him, bet this is how a lot of recruits feel. And its probably true with all of them

Reaction Score
This is one area where UConn is just not keeping up. With undoubtedly the best men's and women's basketball programs all together, where are the UConn babies? This may be the key for long-term dominance in college basketball. Imagine the possibilities....Rudy and Maya? Oh well, I guess true love may be important, right Buttercup? Maybe this is the result of Jim Calhoun and Geno not getting along....no grandchildren.
The players still supported each other.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Glad to see him go to FSU. following in his father's footsteps is 1000% more honorable than joining the squid and taking World Wide Wes' inducements.

Reaction Score
It would be cool to set up a H/H with FSU if Wiggins does in fact go there.

Reaction Score
Did UConn offer Tharon Mayes? That Hillhouse team he was on was well scouted. I believe they were one of the top ranked in he entire country.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Interesting though...ESPN and other sites still say he hasn't decided yet.

Reaction Score
From what i have heard it is really only down to FSU and UK and from that it seems that it is all but a reality that he will end up at FSU. I don't follow other teams recruits really though so i can't be too sure, just what i have seen other fans say. I've seen a couple Uk fans on other sites already accepting the fact they aren't getting him.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I don't think I'd want Wiggins on UConn this year. We have a lot of good, experienced players, and I wouldn't want to see the chemistry we developed last year ruined by putting on all of the spotlight on a super-frosh. Didn't work out too well for Drummond-Oriakhi. I think he would be more of a distraction.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't think I'd want Wiggins on UConn this year.
Why? This kids an animal, any time you have a chance with a kid like that you take him no questions asked. He can only make a team better.

Reaction Score
I don't think I'd want Wiggins on UConn this year. We have a lot of good, experienced players, and I wouldn't want to see the chemistry we developed last year ruined by putting on all of the spotlight on a super-frosh. Didn't work out too well for Drummond-Oriakhi. I think he would be more of a distraction.

You're right, I'd hate to have the best prospect in years on a roster that's one player away from becoming the favorite to win the whole thing. And it's not like it would help in recruiting to have a perennial all-star and #1 pick as an alum. If a player like this ever expresses any interest, HANG UP THE PHONE. We don't want players like this.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
You're right, I'd hate to have the best prospect in years on a roster that's one player away from becoming the favorite to win the whole thing. And it's not like it would help in recruiting to have a perennial all-star and #1 pick as an alum. If a player like this ever expresses any interest, HANG UP THE PHONE. We don't want players like this.

Not doubting it would pay huge dividends in recruiting. All I'm saying is in terms of winning the natl title, only 1 team I can remember (Syracuse 2003) had a freshmen take over and lead a bunch of upperclassmen to a title. Our team has many juniors and seniors, not sure having a freshmen steal all of the spotlight would be good considering how long it took DD/SN/RB to earn respect nationally. JMHO.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Wiggins choosing UConn at this point would certainly seem Ike an absurd, very pleasant, but absurd outcome.

I am still holding out hope that family will be more important to him than squid slime.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not doubting it would pay huge dividends in recruiting. All I'm saying is in terms of winning the natl title, only 1 team I can remember (Syracuse 2003) had a freshmen take over and lead a bunch of upperclassmen to a title. Our team has many juniors and seniors, not sure having a freshmen steal all of the spotlight would be good considering how long it took DD/SN/RB to earn respect nationally. JMHO.
Wiggins COULD be better than Melo

Reaction Score

This is the best prospect since Lebron James you're talking about. If he even looked in the direction of Storrs UConn could, and should, make room for him.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
This is the best prospect since Lebron James you're talking about. If he even looked in the direction of Storrs UConn could, and should, make room for him.

Not a big fan of 1 and dones when it comes to championships, that's all I'm saying. They're more focused on the NBA than on winning a natl championship and I'm not sure if I want that on my team, even if it is Andrew Wiggins.

Reaction Score
They're more focused on the NBA than on winning a natl championship and I'm not sure if I want that on my team, even if it is Andrew Wiggins.

And you know this about Wiggins how?

He's a 1 and done because he's probably the best player on the planet not currently in the NBA. But it makes no sense to hold that against him.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
And you know this about Wiggins how?

He's a 1 and done because he's probably the best player on the planet not currently in the NBA. But it makes no sense to hold that against him.

YOu're right, I don't know this. I prefer long-term commitment to UConn to immediate talent boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom