Wife got me an iphone & Im lost | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wife got me an iphone & Im lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Occasionally, I'll be somewhere that Urban Spoon has more relevance than Yelp, but that's really rare these days. E.g. I go to Burlington, Vermont once a year or so and for some reason, Urban Spoon covers the places I want to go better than Yelp does.

But I'd say 98 times out of 100, I prefer Yelp.
That's been my experience also. In NYC, yelp seems to have much better coverage.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I love Tapatalk so much faster than when I accessed the board via my phone's browser. So worth the 2.99.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I'll second Gas Buddy. I just downloaded the free android app.... easy way to find the best gas prices where ever you are.

Reaction Score
If you already subscribe to HBO you have to go "HBO GO" You can literally watch any series they've ever made. All Episodes, all seasons.

Reaction Score
Fishy have you tried ZITE? It is like Flipbook except it learns what you like and starts to filter out other content over time- after a few weeks it really has just the stuff you want to read the most. It's free- I realize there are only so many of these things you can have but this one I like as well.

Zite is awesome. I like it way better than flipboard.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
tapatalk for android is on sale at amazon android appstore for 1.99.. a buck off.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I haven't tried Zite - I will definitely download it and give it a look.

Thanks for the recommendation.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If you have Fios there are apps that control you DVR from anywhere and act as a cable box remote.

Linked-in is very good on iPhone Facebook mediocre.

Reaction Score
If you already subscribe to HBO you have to go "HBO GO" You can literally watch any series they've ever made. All Episodes, all seasons.

WE have DirecTV and the HBOGO app doesn't work...

but the DirecTV app is very cool. You can program your DVR from your phone.

Reaction Score
I am AndyUCONN on Words With Friends if anyone wants to play. (I go hard.)

Tapatalk (Obviously)
AroundMe (Incredible in an unfamiliar area)
Twitter (Mandatory)
Pandora
Merriam-Webster (I always read with it handy)
Mint (Track financial accounts)
Ab Workout and Nike+ GPS (If you're into that sort of thing)
Instagram
Google Earth (Cool)
SB Nation

Reaction Score
Anyone know why I have to sign in to the Yard on Tapatalk now, or I can't read it? I can't remember my password, I am always signed in when I am on the home computer.
10120252-large.jpg
The John Marinatto ap is great, gives all the great Italian restaurants near you, gives you gas stations, helps you to pass gas when you need to, and gives you direct lines to Mike Tranghese, Lou Carnesecca, Dickie Simpkins, Bucky Waters and Ron Perry.

Reaction Score
WE have DirecTV and the HBOGO app doesn't work...

but the DirecTV app is very cool. You can program your DVR from your phone.

I have DirecTv and the app works fine on both iPhone and iPad...

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The John Marinatto ap is great, gives all the great Italian restaurants near you, gives you gas stations, helps you to pass gas when you need to, and gives you direct lines to Mike Tranghese, Lou Carnesecca, Dickie Simpkins, Bucky Waters and Ron Perry.
John's fingers are too sausage-like to use the iphone keyboard.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Zite is awesome. I like it way better than flipboard.

I've now tried Zite - I am really impressed. It's beautiful to start with and organized perfectly. I liked Reeder because it was a little more elegant than Google's usually ham-fisted effort at design on Reader. Zite is just so much nicer than even Reeder is. (Wish I had found it before buying Reeder..!)

I wish Google would actually try to produce something that is aesthetically and functionally as nice as some of these ipad apps. I have an Android tablet and there is just no compelling reason to ever even turn it on.

Thanks for the zite pick.

Reaction Score
Can anyone recommend a good golf gps (distance to the hole) app? I have tried a couple and not to happy with them.

Reaction Score
Can anyone recommend a good golf gps (distance to the hole) app? I have tried a couple and not to happy with them.

Have you tried FreeCaddie? It's free, has every course I play and works pretty well. It only works for yardage into the green, nothing close to SkyCaddie, but for a free app it's quite accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom