Wichita State to AAC? | The Boneyard

Wichita State to AAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just saw that on Twitter. That comes as a surprise but I dont think there is any doubt they will help the conference RPI.

Reaction Score
It's good that it will help AAC basketball, but it's being billed as more than that. I mean, I won't be any more excited about this game than I am about most of the games we play.

Reaction Score
feel like this has been a rumor for a while? maybe just speculation up to this point

would be nice for the american, but you still gotta hope (against hope) that uconn is out by 2018-19 anyway

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
What exactly are these sources saying other than it could happen?

Is either side pursuing it or is there some negotiation happening?

This would have me hyped

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Not sure I love the idea of adding a basketball only member from Kansas that while being a tournament team 5 straight seasons isn't a traditionally decent or a geographical fit.

If we're talking hoops only I'd reach out to A10 teams first. A10 is a better fit for all those teams strictly based on their type of schools but if you called a Dayton I wonder if they would listen .

Reaction Score
Not sure I love the idea of adding a basketball only member from Kansas that while being a tournament team 5 straight seasons isn't a traditionally decent or a geographical fit.

If we're talking hoops only I'd reach out to A10 teams first. A10 is a better fit for all those teams strictly based on their type of schools but if you called a Dayton I wonder if they would listen .

And Dayton is "traditionally decent?" Please...and for that matter, who is "traditionally decent" nowadays that aren't already in a P5?? Besides us, Cincy.

If UConn is seriously in for the long haul in this god forsaken conference, they better hope Wichita St. joins. Gregg Marshall is a HELL of a coach.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Would be a very nice addition, don't get me wrong...
But we've gone from hoping to getting into THE Big 12, to being excited at the prospect of Wichita State University joining our conference...lol it's so sad.
Lowered expectations and the shattered psyche of the collective fan base are probably the worst indirect consequence of all this CR crap. Over the last year, I've seen fans who have watched this team win 4 titles and propel into a top 10 program all time over three decades time. Now in the last calender year we have regular "Is Loyola Marymount a must win game?" as well as any post asking why our Senior big man and captain only grabbed 4 rebounds turning into 20 page threads of guys ripping their lungs out trying to defend it as if this program hasn't become accustomed to a certain level of talent with nearly 2 dozen first rounders since the '90s.

But hey, Wichita State, nice I guess.

Reaction Score
And Dayton is "traditionally decent?" Please...and for that matter, who is "traditionally decent" nowadays that aren't already in a P5?? Besides us, Cincy.

If UConn is seriously in for the long haul in this god forsaken conference, they better hope Wichita St. joins. Gregg Marshall is a HELL of a coach.
Gonzaga, Georgetown, Nova, and Xavier to name a few

Reaction Score
With minimal to no excitement, isn't it special Wichita State's also considering re-establishing a gridiron program? Isn't Ft. Hays State available? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
What? Wichita State should be aiming for the Big East, according to many posters' thought patterns here. They'd have an instant rivalry with Creighton.

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
What? Wichita State should be aiming for the Big East, according to many posters' thought patterns here. They'd have an instant rivalry with Creighton.

:rolleyes:

Wichita st has been considering a fbs football team. We all know how the big east views schools with both

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think it would be a great addition BUT just wish we were talking about next months games vs Puke or Carolina or Wisconsin or Michigan or Kansas or Iowa State

Reaction Score
Gonzaga, Georgetown, Nova, and Xavier to name a few

Fine...I didn't consider the Big East because god forbid on this board you even mention the name. But really, 3 of those teams are in the Big East and will never come to the AAC (even though I think it would be a great idea to combine Big East and AAC...) but yes, Gonzaga too. So theres two. Wichita St. and Gonzaga who are currently in a conference which they may want to jump ship from eventually. Although Gonzaga schedules great games annually so...they probably are comfortable right where they are.

Reaction Score
With minimal to no excitement, isn't it special Wichita State's also considering re-establishing a gridiron program? Isn't Ft. Hays State available? :rolleyes:

Our football program right now would probably lose to a first year Wichita St. football program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom