Wichita State Post-Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wichita State Post-Game Thread

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nice summary.
Who is the co-holder of the Road Streak?

I'm getting conflicting info. I checked the NCAA.com website to find the record, no luck.

According to Wikipedia, UConn's current win road win total is the longest on record at 49........and counting (through UCF).
"UConn women's basketball: Huskies set NCAA record for consecutive road wins". 1 February 2017 when they won #35 on the road against Temple 97-69.

I'm NOT a stats guy. If you have something different, I won't argue.

Women's D-I road game streaks

1. 49 UConn (2014–present) as of February 7, 2018. Win over UCF. (50 as of Saturday afternoon Feb 10,2018)
  2. 34 UConn (2000–04), ended by Notre Dame[42]
  3. 30 UConn (2008–11), ended by Stanford[42]

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You can't win with Geno. Stewie learned that and KLS knew after the first year. When they were freshmen, he told them to find something they are good at and keep doing it to help the team. KLS thought her 3 point shot is her best asset and tried to do that every game she was in. She didn't move around because she was open all the time and seldom got the ball. Then he complained that she just stood around all game and that really confused her.

She finally learned in her sophomore year that she needed to do more to get the ball and the closer to the basket the better chances of getting it. The more baskets she made the more often she gets the ball. She saw that with what Napheesa was doing.

Now, she's got it all. And Geno made her think basketball instead of scoring. Meg is currently at the confused stage.

And now that she's thinking basketball, her value to the team has increased, and her appeal to the coaches and GM's in the W has increased as well. Personally, I'm not worried about Megan at all. At some point between today and the first day of practice in October, the light will go on for Megan, just like it did for Dangerfield.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You can't win with Geno. Stewie learned that and KLS knew after the first year. When they were freshmen, he told them to find something they are good at and keep doing it to help the team. KLS thought her 3 point shot is her best asset and tried to do that every game she was in. She didn't move around because she was open all the time and seldom got the ball. Then he complained that she just stood around all game and that really confused her.

She finally learned in her sophomore year that she needed to do more to get the ball and the closer to the basket the better chances of getting it. The more baskets she made the more often she gets the ball. She saw that with what Napheesa was doing.

Now, she's got it all. And Geno made her think basketball instead of scoring. Meg is currently at the confused stage.
I disagree with your analysis on the change between her freshman and sophomore year. Her freshman year she was considered the outside threat, with Mo, Tuck, and Stewie on the team there was no reason for her to do anything except stay on the outside. Her sophomore year she had to add other elements to her game just like Gabby, Kia, and Pheesa, because of the absence of the Big 3. Geno had even stated that in one of his Geno shows last year to Justine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom