Wichita St. to AAC Next Year (Officially Official) | The Boneyard

Wichita St. to AAC Next Year (Officially Official)

Reaction Score
Anyone who doesn't like this is a fool. None of us like our situation but unless we are moving back to the Big East and finding another home for football or something else changes drastically in realignment, this is our reality. We are adding a top 10 team next year, it's a no-brainer.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
The Frankenstein conference is continuing its journey. No longer about good academic schools... no longer about markets... no longer about improving the football side to get a bigger contract heading forward. This only looks good on paper.

Chely's Home

Bring back the whalers
Reaction Score
Dayton
Vcu
i can see them adding these schools if this works out, and if the programs maintain success with their new coaches

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
The University of Connecticut and Wichita State University in the same conference.

Unbelievable.
You need to take a good look at UConn of late.

Yes, this is a shortsighted move. WSU is not a long term powerhouse. But right now, it will help us. By the time that wears out I'm really hoping we're playing basketball in a conference that isn't AAC.

Reaction Score
Yay, another mouth to feed.

Can we at least kick someone out while we're at it?

Is the argument against this that they will be given more money than they bring in? Isn't there a way to allocate the league money they get based on not having football? I'm sure they would still want to be in the conference if this were the case.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You need to take a good look at UConn of late.

Yes, this is a shortsighted move. WSU is not a long term powerhouse. But right now, it will help us. By the time that wears out I'm really hoping we're playing basketball in a conference that isn't AAC.
They are the best available basketball school, no basketball powerhouse is going to leave the P5 to join the AAC.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We are already in a league with 7 or 8 other worse basketball schools, Wichita is currently better than any team in this conference. Did you not realize we are already sharing a conference with Tulane and Tulsa?

So when Wichita regresses to the mean, which I think is a lot more likely to happen then them staying as a Top 15 Ken Pom darling, we'll have another Tulsa on our hands.

Just great.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
At bare minimum, this will boost attendance in the short term. Id much rather go see a game against a ranked Wichita St. than Tulane, E. Carolina or USF. We need to concentrate on making ourselves look great over the next 8 years until realignment rears its ugly head again. This is a short term decision for us. I could care less if it waters down the AAC once (hopefully) we've left for greener pastures.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yeah, that team Tulsa we always beat handily.

What don't you understand about adding a team that a) nobody cares about b) in an area nobody lives in c) that's located halfway across the country.

I mean, hey, anytime you can the 3rd most popular program in Kansas in combination with the 3rd most popular program in Oklahoma you just gotta do it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom