why was she crying | Page 2 | The Boneyard

why was she crying

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Are either of those...."during the game"? Or did they not know they were on camera?

Completely different.

I know, I know. Truth is all the world's a stage, etc. etc. iPhone or TV crew. The public eye is one everybody court side and they know it. There comes a time when a sense of decorum tells us all, including TV crew or Holly Rowe to look away. That was what Holly graciously did when Geno was losing it talking about Bria and Stef, his seniors.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geesh, how hard is this answer? She was crying because losing sucks. As noted above D-I players are super competitive, talented players. To a one they hate losing. I have nothing but respect for this kid. She hated every minute of the beat down. Good for her.

Reaction Score
I cannot understand why discussion of a player of an opposing team is crying on her bench is taking place. Frankly, it is none of our business. Or maybe we should discuss "why do players cry?"
It was a public event, and what goes on on the bench is very much a part of every game. We may never know why she was crying, but it's not out of bounds to consider the question.

Reaction Score
Sorry. When my Mets won in '69 and the Cubs finally won in 2016, I cried.
You’re from Brooklyn - what about the Dodgers finally winning the Series in 55 or are you too young?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You’re from Brooklyn - what about the Dodgers finally winning the Series in 55 or are you too young?
I was too young. My parents and relatives I remember were gleeful and so was I. When they left my dad became a Yankee fan, hated them, and never looked back.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My god @JordyG, why pick the Huskies when you could pick say Duke or Tenn and have all sorts of opportunities for one kind of tears and a couple of good April cries maybe again someday. :rolleyes:
I don't mind crying. I draw the line at suicidal however. Still, I like the Dukies and root for them every game.

Reaction Score
"The thrill of victory .... and the agony of defeat. How many years did we watch that ski jumper crash and burn.

I crashed and burned like that one time in Switzerland. I was trying to see how fast I could go down a beginners course and my ski tips got caught in the snow.

Some guys in my Army unit saw me as they were going up on the lift.

It's a wonder I didn't break my neck but the snow was real deep.

Reaction Score
I had house guests so no sound for the game. I saw an ECU player crying on the bench. Did the announcers know why ?

Watch the NCAAs...you'll see girls cry after every game if they lose.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Watch the NCAAs...you'll see girls cry after every game if they lose.
normally seniors who are losing their last game of their college career

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Send a memo to DNY, ESPN, CBS Sports Network, Fox Sports E, W, N, S, SW etc etc: Thou shall not put the camera on a player writhing in pain on the floor, or having her knee worked on with 4 minutes to go in the NCAA championship game, or if she's Skylar Diggins and is crying at the end of the bench, or etc etc etc. Or if she's Stacey Dales and she just fouled out (thanks DT) of the Championship and she's crying under a towel. I could go on and on.

why should someone be ashamed of crying? why should they try to hide it? just asking

Reaction Score
I think what some are overlooking are tears of anger or frustration. Some of us can get teary when we are working hard but cant "get it" or our efforts seem to be blocked at every turn, or we are really angry with no outlet.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
why should someone be ashamed of crying? why should they try to hide it? just asking

I have the same question @PacoSwede . It's rhetoric really. Geno squating in front of a sobbing DT is an iconic photo that is part of the great story of their lifeline relationship. We should not be embarassed or uncomfortable when we see people having real emotions as they strive to be as good as they can be and on an occasion fail. Next time they might be tears of joy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom