Why was Hamilton on bench so long? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why was Hamilton on bench so long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He's been worse, but this is his first year out of high school, not his third.

This would be three years since he was in high school. He was good today, but people need to stop with the McD's AA stuff...that ain't Purv.

Reaction Score
This would be three years since he was in high school. He was good today, but people need to stop with the McD's AA stuff...that ain't Purv.

He was talking about DHam on this post I believe.

C

Chief00

If none of the Bigs can rebound deep into season 3 of 2 - time for a new bigs coach.

Reaction Score
If none of the Bigs can rebound deep into season 3 of 2 - time for a new bigs coach.

If Karl Hobbs or Glen Miller were 6'9" would that be better for some of you idiots?

These guys don't rebound because they are plain stupid and don't know how. I am 6' tall and could teach the living * to them about boxing out, watch the damn game they are awful. Facey is not even looking at the shooter and his back is to the basket on that foul yesterday on Bond. There's one second left on the shot clock don't you think you should have your a** in the guys gut already? They are plain stupid, not your favorite guy on earth of Charles Barkley could help these gus gain the instincts needed to rebound the ball. They don't get it, how many games can you watch to not understand that. They need a fn shrink not a coach.

Big mans coach my a**, BS

Reaction Score
If Karl Hobbs or Glen Miller were 6'9" would that be better for some of you idiots?

These guys don't rebound because they are plain stupid and don't know how. I am 6' tall and could teach the living * to them about boxing out, watch the damn game they are awful. Facey is not even looking at the shooter and his back is to the basket on that foul yesterday on Bond. There's one second left on the shot clock don't you think you should have your a** in the guys gut already? They are plain stupid, not your favorite guy on earth of Charles Barkley could help these gus gain the instincts needed to rebound the ball. They don't get it, how many games can you watch to not understand that. They need a fn shrink not a coach.

Facey went from a pretty-good rebounder in the beginning of the season to a lousy one overnight

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Facey went from a pretty-good rebounder in the beginning of the season to a lousy one overnight
I wouldn't characterize them as stupid nor lacking the skills. They haven't integrated the nuances of the game at this point. Hopefully that will change. When I look at them I can almost see the gears grinding in their heads trying to figure out what the coaches want from them in the game.

Kentan is an instinctual rebounder. Early in the season he was a real good rebounder but he had no clue what to do in almost every other facet of the game. The coaches have been concentrating on fixing this. Since Kentan had a rebounding ability early in the season I can only come to the conclusion that he enters the game with a general uncertainty of what he needs to do. And that impacts his ability to rebound. I think he can fix all of this.

Anyone recall freshman Phil? He was as lost as KF most of his freshman season. He finally figured out where to be on the court by the end of the season. Last year his problem was primarily a strength issue. He got pushed around too easily. So he works hard off season to fix this only to be surprised (him and us) that it did not immediately translate into positive results. Well duh! Just because the biceps get toned doesn't mean that they will move in the way you want especially when an opposing player is pushing you around. But this has changed the past four games imo. Maybe it was the injury that held him back or maybe it was just getting comfortable with is changed body. Either way Phil appears comfortable on the floor. He's not getting many opportunities to score but he is finishing regularly. On the defensive end he's showing the ability to prevent the other team from getting rebounds. That's not the same as getting rebounds, but it is a big improvement for him. Maybe next season he makes the final adjustment and gets to the ball quicker than opponents. He has good hands.

AB is a cerebral player with an incredible instinct to block shots. His instincts are lacking when it comes to rebounding and passing. But his shooting stroke demonstrates he can learn new things, hence the cerebral component. He, like Kentan, has been coached to make adjustments this season. And that is causing him, like Kentan, to be confused reducing the ability to be good at his instinctual strength. The coaches are trying to teach him to be more discerning on blocking in order to avoid getting fouls. And they are teaching him to move his body to get rebounds as opposed to just blocking. He's lost right now. But I would be incredibly surprised if we do not see AB as a rebounding, blocking machine some time next season.

Reaction Score

That's on him, no one else. He is never prepared for the rebound and never reads a shooter. You can't teach smarts, you can teach to box out and 2 weeks in a row he's been called for a hold on the defensive end because his back was still to the basket while the ball was on the rim - that's really painful for the staff I am sure as they teach this stuff all year around, especially when guys like he and Brimah don't get it by now. They really have to be one of the most frustrated coaching staffs on earth as of now and they have good reason.

Reaction Score
If you're our best player next year were in deep trouble Kitaman.
At least KMan can hit the outside shot on occasion and will put a body on someone down low. We should have suited him up this year. Would have had 2 or 3 more Ws

C

Chief00

You can blame the players or coaches or some combo of the two - the bottomline is evidence of any learning progress is pretty absent for the Bigs. I rembered Moses Malone considered himself to be a good teacher for Akeem the Dream - in an interview during the playoffs Moses said "me learned em too much" as Moses had exited the playoffs and The Dream was still playing, quite frankly.

Reaction Score
You can blame the players or coaches or some combo of the two - the bottomline is evidence of any learning progress is pretty absent for the Bigs. I rembered Moses Malone considered himself to be a good teacher for Akeem the Dream - in an interview during the playoffs Moses said "me learned em too much" as Moses had exited the playoffs and The Dream was still playing, quite frankly.

Kennedy, Morreia and a couple other bigs play really well around the basket and the SMU coaching staff has no one over Larry Browns size?

Little men Can teach big men, they just need to be able to go out and do it, it's really simple.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
What is amazing is that AB has elasta-man arms for blocking shots but T Rex arms for rebounds The difference in him & DHam going for a rebound is amazing to watch.

C

Chief00

Kennedy, Morreia and a couple other bigs play really well around the basket and the SMU coaching staff has no one over Larry Browns size?

Little men Can teach big men, they just need to be able to go out and do it, it's really simple.

It's not happening - time to get out of denial mode

Reaction Score
Do you remember when a UConn coach asked you how you "knew stuff" and you told him it was because you watched the Celtics, like Calhoun?

That was awesome.

Reaction Score
It's not happening - time to get out of denial mode

Maybe but I know it's time for you to forget about Clyde Vaughn because he ain't walking through that door any time soon. And even he, who I did like and believe in, would have a ton of trouble with our bigs as they are today!

Reaction Score
Anyone recall freshman Phil?
ibm9xej69OINB8.gif

To be fair, I think this is sophomore year for Philly...but relatively early sophomore year, especially since he barely played freshmen year.

Reaction Score
Hamilton is a mirage on defense. In fairness, they basically all are, but his defensive shortcomings just jump off the screen.

I can't remember a team that played defense so indifferently. And if they actually put in the work to force a bad shot, they're horrible at rebounding the miss. They just make it so damn easy for teams to score. When you're a vintage North Carolina team that has scorers everywhere that's fine, but when you're the local bricklayers union that's a problem.

Love this post. So true. UConn offense has patterned itself after the UConn football offense . . . so expect very little scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom