Why the American may be perfect for UConn. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Why the American may be perfect for UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're not seriously comparing aTm & Mizzou with Syracuse & Rutgers are you?
Why not? SU at one of their lowest pts in history at CFB beat them at Mizzou last yr ? Very little separates major CFB teams today!

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Let's look at the future of college football. Next year the four team playoff begins.

Okay that's where reality ends and speculation begins in this post.

My guess, the ratings are through the roof, they dwarf the bowls. The playoff is expanded to eight teams by 2016. Once again the ratings are huge and the money is in the billions. It becomes sixteen teams by 2018.

The American should have an automatic bid to the expanded tourney (maybe even the eight team version). Or an undefeated or one loss American team will likely be invited.

UConn can compete for a title in the American much easier than in than versus Florida State of Ohio State. Our chances for making the tourney are much better in the American. The American gives us a much easier road to the tourney.

Then win four games and we're national champs. Done

This is very dangerous thinking for uconn fans to develop.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It will take a couple two tree decades to get to 16 teams. I think 10 is the sweet spot, with #'s 1 & 2 getting a bye. I thought out some reasons a while back, but I don' remember all of them. Only the basic framework for the tournament is in the forefront of my mind at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom