Why Samson Johnson is primed for breakout year | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Why Samson Johnson is primed for breakout year

Reaction Score
Edey manhandled everyone including Clingan. The guy was complete beast.
What game were you watching? Im guessing you stopped watching the game with about 5 minutes left in the first half and never tuned back in lol!

Reaction Score
What game were you watching? Im guessing you stopped watching the game with about 5 minutes left in the first half and never tuned back in lol!
This isn’t an argument that needs to be had.

Edey had 37 and 10, and had a great game. 1 v 5 was never going to to work for them. We handled Purdue even if that meant Edey handled UConn. Our gameplan worked.

I’m sure Edey would settle for 0 points if it meant he got a national championship ring.

Reaction Score
You do realize Edey had 37 points on 15-25 shooting and 10 rebounds? By most accounts, that’s a pretty good game ;).

Edey got gassed because he was the only one on floor able to do anything, Cling shut him down for a few possessions to allow an ultra efficient offense to pull away and create space. Rest is history.

Reaction Score

I think SJ could be a really good center if he simply adds two things 1. Set screens without fouling and 2. Rebounds at a much higher rate which can happen if he works on his boxing out. Think rebound first not put backs on offense and blocks on defense. Rebound, rebound, rebound. Those two things alone make him one of the better centers in the conference.

Reaction Score
I think SJ could be a really good center if he simply adds two things 1. Set screens without fouling and 2. Rebounds at a much higher rate which can happen if he works on his boxing out. Think rebound first not put backs on offense and blocks on defense. Rebound, rebound, rebound. Those two things alone make him one of the better centers in the conference.
Lot of the shortages I saw with him were above the neck.

One thing about SJ is he has a really really high center of gravity. He’s built like a track athlete. Guys who have any density below the waste can clear him out like road cone. I’d be curious how he’s doing in practice rebounding against Tarris.

Maybe enough practice reps work out some of the mental gaps now that he’s a focal point. We shall see, excited and hopeful to watch him figure it out. All I know is last year 95% of my WTF are you doing energy went at him.

Reaction Score
You do realize Edey had 37 points on 15-25 shooting and 10 rebounds? By most accounts, that’s a pretty good game ;).

Edey got gassed because he was the only one on floor able to do anything, Cling shut him down for a few possessions to allow an ultra efficient offense to pull away and create space. Rest is history.
Edey's #'s were gaudy but that was him playing out of his arse in the first 14 minutes of the game and him overpowering Karaban in garbage time for dunks. Edey had 16 points with 6 minutes left in the first half and then didn't score a point until there was 14 minutes left in the game when he hit a ft, UConn was already up by 13 at that point. Edey scored 15 points when the game was a blowout and it was straight up garbage time where he was clearing Karaban out for dunks.

The whole team was great defensively but Clingan's defense on Edey made it all possible. Everyone else double teamed Edey all season and Edey got his while the rest of Purdue lit teams up from the perimeter. We never doubled Edey because of Clingan and we saw how the rest of Purdue performs against elite defense when they aren't left open and actually have to try and make some plays on their own.

Reaction Score
Edey's #'s were gaudy but that was him playing out of his arse in the first 14 minutes of the game and him overpowering Karaban in garbage time for dunks. Edey had 16 points with 6 minutes left in the first half and then didn't score a point until there was 14 minutes left in the game when he hit a ft, UConn was already up by 13 at that point. Edey scored 15 points when the game was a blowout and it was straight up garbage time where he was clearing Karaban out for dunks.

The whole team was great defensively but Clingan's defense on Edey made it all possible. Everyone else double teamed Edey all season and Edey got his while the rest of Purdue lit teams up from the perimeter. We never doubled Edey because of Clingan and we saw how the rest of Purdue performs against elite defense when they aren't left open and actually have to try and make some plays on their own.
100%. It's like people didn't even watch the game.

Reaction Score
100%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom