Why March Is Great | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Why March Is Great

Reaction Score
Oregon's front court was totally over whelmed in the first half. It will be interesting to see their response.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Oregon's front court was totally over whelmed in the first half. It will be interesting to see their response.

Their response is surrender. This game is as over as a game could be.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
As a fan, it really annoys me when a team quits like Oregon has. They stopped trying when USC got up 10.

Reaction Score
USC has been the best team in the tournament not named Gonzaga. Definitely Zags tourny to lose but if someone were to somehow knock them off USC seems like the team.

Reaction Score
I think he is now safe at UCLA for a little while.
Until he doesn't make the final four next year. UCLA fans are nuts, they have run some successful coaches out of the job.
I would assume they will be fine with this elite 8 run IF they lose the next game, most normal fans would be considering the seed, etc., but they will want more in 2021-22 and I bet they would not be happy with a S16 or even E8 next year.

It was a crazy first few rounds but as usual, the cream does eventually rise to the top: 3 #1 seeds, a 2, a 3 in the elite 8 + an under seeded 6 seed. 11 UCLA and 12 OSU are from the P5, even though it is very uncommon to see seeds lower than 7 in the E8.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hard to believe we beat this USC team. The fact that it was very early in the year helped.
I keep seeing this but wasn’t it early for us too? Polley didn’t even play. It just shows we were a pretty good team. The loss to Maryland in the fashion we lost taints that a little, but we were “The Team” no one wanted to see until we forgot how to play basketball the final 2 games

Reaction Score
Why is that hard to believe? UConn has a lot of talent and is a good team.
It's hilarious how much you overrate our talent. And the answer to the question is we beat USC because they shot 3 of 19 from 3.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Wow, does uniform count? It hit the uniform.
Yes it does, but the direction of the ball did change slightly, so I suspect it actually brushed his inner thigh as well.
Now I feel dirty for typing 'brushed his inner thigh.' Sounds like something out of pron novel.

Reaction Score
I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about college basketball but never ever come close to have a winning bracket each year.

Humbling yet exciting to watch the UCLAs of the world advance on.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
End of regulation, I thought the bama guy fouling a random player while the inbounds pass was in the air was genius. zero time went off the clock. But then they didn't do it on the next few possessions, so I figured it must have been accidental.

Ironic that Bama had 5 foul shots in winning time -- 2 by a 76% shooter and 3 by a 80% FT shooter, and only made one of them.

Reaction Score
I hadn't been following that part of the bracket -- USC beat Kansas by 34(!), and they steamrolled their other two opponents by 16 and now 14.

Gonzaga has been destroying people too.

That's going to be a hell of a game.

Reaction Score
Quinerly is an absolute blur, he bet on himself by leaving Nova and sitting out a year. It really worked out for him.
Hes been really hooping for them. Shooting it well from deep too. I’d love to see the All-Boneyard “We don’t want him, he sucks” Team. Quinerly prob starting Pg

Reaction Score
A potential Houston vs Baylor Final Four matchup would be great.

PS: We need to start recruiting the state of Texas under Hurley. Cali another state we need to look at.

Reaction Score
1 Gonzaga - WCC
1 Michigan - B1G
1 Baylor - Big 12
2 Houston - AAC

That'll skin the Pac 12 and SEC fat.

Reaction Score
USC has been the best team in the tournament not named Gonzaga. Definitely Zags tourny to lose but if someone were to somehow knock them off USC seems like the team.

I agree with you that USC seems tailor made to give Gonzaga a game. I think Enfield is a pretty mediocre coach so it wouldn't surprise me if they crap the bed, but they have the pieces to do something here.

Reaction Score
Good for Sampson and Houston. In the Final Four.

They do it the right way. The basketball gods and irony. First year we rejoin the Big East, and the AAC does better than the ACC and the Big East.

#ReturnOfPolley

Reaction Score
Good for Sampson and Houston. In the Final Four.

They do it the right way. The basketball gods and irony. First year we rejoin the Big East, and the AAC does better than the ACC and the Big East.

#ReturnOfPolley
Congrats Houston.

Look at it this way. If UConn were in the AAC Houston maybe doesn't get a 2 seed, and has to actually play a single digit seed. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom