Why isn't Geno doing halftime and postgame interviews? Sore throat? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why isn't Geno doing halftime and postgame interviews? Sore throat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
About a week after my mom passed, I had an anxiety attack. I stood in front of my closet, confused about what to wear, then I burst into tears. My doctor had to give me a month’s worth of medication to get through it. I’ve learned to live with it, but I don’t know that I’ve ever gotten over it. Mom passed in 1985 at the age of 58.
Very sorry to hear it Nan. For what it’s worth, I don’t know that grief goes away. I just think we adapt to it. At least that’s how it is for me.

Reaction Score
Being that it is UConn, they do scouting reports well in advance of a game and I bet they also do media prep ahead of a game. If Geno just showed up at the bus Tuesday, I'm sure CD had already done media prep with the atletics communications folks to talk through what questions are probably going to be asked and what they want to answer with....

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
About a week after my mom passed, I had an anxiety attack. I stood in front of my closet, confused about what to wear, then I burst into tears. My doctor had to give me a month’s worth of medication to get through it. I’ve learned to live with it, but I don’t know that I’ve ever gotten over it. Mom passed in 1985 at the age of 58.
Those of us that have lost a parent(s) or even worse, a child deal with losing a loved one differently. I lost my mom in 1987. She was 70. I still miss her today. I would love to be able to spend a day with her during the holidays, and let her see the grandchildern she never got to meet. I've got a lot of questions I'd like to ask her.

You only have one mom. The lost is devastating. We know that everything that lives dies. It doesn't make it any more bareable. My wife took the loss of her mom much harder than I did mine, but that's her personality and make up. People grieve in their own way, and must be allowed time and space to do so. Anyone that has walked a mile in those shoes, understands. We have tried to prepare our children and grandchildren for the day that we pass on because that day is coming. Far off in the distance we hope. When you lose a parent or child, life is never the same. I've been in Geno's space. I don't question his actions or reactions to life around him right now. In time, things for him will return to normal. He will cleave to the things and people around him he feels most comfortable with.

Instead of fans trying to annalze him, I would like to see them understand where he is, not critize him or his actions, and just give him his space. Is that asking too much? :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44