Why isn't Geno doing halftime and postgame interviews? Sore throat? | The Boneyard

Why isn't Geno doing halftime and postgame interviews? Sore throat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will CD be handling the media in the future, since she does have a knack for it?

Reaction Score
As you know, Geno is recovering from illness and fatigue. He will resume all of his duties gradually. i wish him a speedy and full recovery.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reading between the lines from the article that quoted Dave Benedict extensively, Geno is tired of answering the same questions about injuries, etc that he’s had to endure for the last two seasons. When you’re sad & maybe a little depressed, you don’t want to deal with everyday annoyances. I get it.

I like hearing from CD. She brings a different perspective to our view of the inner workings of the team.

Reaction Score
I was told that he was going over pre and post game analytics instead with Coach P as seen in the “Geno’s Back” thread. :rolleyes:

Pic was posted by @Aluminny69

1673525424303.png

Reaction Score
My wife and I were talking about it after CD's interview post game. She said the same thing Nan did above. Geno is physically and mentally worn out. Dealing with a lot, plus his Mom passed. We understand big time. My wife lost her Dad last February and my Mom is dealing with terminal cancer. It weighs A LOT. Post game interviews? CD has got it!

Praying for Geno that he comes though okay.

Kat

Reaction Score
I noticed that CD was on her feet, directing things, from time to time. Perhaps she was in charge tonight and so she was doing the interviews.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Geno may be back, but I don't think he is at full strength yet. But as CD said, the team was happy to have him back.

CD knows the ropes and she was running the show last night. Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Reaction Score
I thought Geno actually looked pretty rested last night.........perhaps he's going to rely on his coaches to handle a bit more of the workload going forward......nothing wrong with that......

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
CD said in her post game that this would be her swan song in the media room, so I'm guessing that Geno will be back to press duties for the next game.

But I think since CD was in charge of all of the pre-game prep, it probably just made the most sense for her to see it all through the end, which included media.

Maybe he just didn't want to give people more of an opportunity to see and complain about his unshaven face. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
During his time off Geno reviewed his contract and discovered that pressers and half-time interviews were below his pay grade :confused:

Reaction Score
My wife also commented on Geno's appearance -- tired, not fully up to speed. And, of course, his unusual unshaven appearance stood out. The only time he seemed his old self was when he chewed out the refs for some bad calls.

As to his absence at half-time and post-game interviews, I have to agree that many of the questions at the pressers are inane, even from the regulars. But to his credit, he has always been extremely patient and respectful in answering all questions. And they do a great job in training their players, right from the start, to be similarly patient and respectful.

According to CD, Geno didn't show up at Tuesday practice, and actually surprised everybody by suddenly materializing unannounced on the bus on Wednesday. Question is -- is he showing up at daily practices and strat sessions now, especially since games will be happening fast and furious from now on. I hope it's just a case of easing himself back into the routine, at his own pace. He's got a great coaching staff, but this is a very challenging season, and we're going to need all hands on deck.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
My wife and I were talking about it after CD's interview post game. She said the same thing Nan did above. Geno is physically and mentally worn out. Dealing with a lot, plus his Mom passed. We understand big time. My wife lost her Dad last February and my Mom is dealing with terminal cancer. It weighs A LOT. Post game interviews? CD has got it!

Praying for Geno that he comes though okay.
May peace be with your wife and mother. Go Huskies!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
To me (admittedly it may just be me) Geno did not look good last night. Been a very rough stretch for him
It’s not just you. I can also understand Geno needing a break from the media. Coaches and professional players are contractually obligated to do interviews with the media. Some have made it known that they don’t like interacting with the media, and would not do so if they had their way.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When you’re sad & maybe a little depressed, you don’t want to deal with everyday annoyances. I get it.
Agree, though, I think it’s more than that. When my mom passed, I decided to busy myself by putting together some furniture or something. I started on it fine, but after a minute or two, the instructions just didn’t make any sense to me. They were clear enough, I just couldn’t process it. I sat there reading words and looking at diagrams that should make sense, but just didn’t. Finally, I asked my wife to just come over and read them to get me past a bump in the road or two. A few weeks later I assembled a different but identical piece without any issues.

Grief is really hard, innately personal, and has its own time table for each individual. I’m glad that Geno has decided he’s ready to be back.

Reaction Score
Probably because he knows the questions will be about his health or the health/injuries of his players. Over, and over, and over again. They do it to CD also.

Reaction Score
My wife also commented on Geno's appearance -- tired, not fully up to speed. And, of course, his unusual unshaven appearance stood out. The only time he seemed his old self was when he chewed out the refs for some bad calls.

As to his absence at half-time and post-game interviews, I have to agree that many of the questions at the pressers are inane, even from the regulars. But to his credit, he has always been extremely patient and respectful in answering all questions. And they do a great job in training their players, right from the start, to be similarly patient and respectful.

According to CD, Geno didn't show up at Tuesday practice, and actually surprised everybody by suddenly materializing unannounced on the bus on Wednesday. Question is -- is he showing up at daily practices and strat sessions now, especially since games will be happening fast and furious from now on. I hope it's just a case of easing himself back into the routine, at his own pace. He's got a great coaching staff, but this is a very challenging season, and we're going to need all hands on deck.
These questions are exactly why he is most likely NOT giving interviews. I really wish there were no post game pressers. We just watched the game, why do we need it explained to us?

Reaction Score
Reading between the lines from the article that quoted Dave Benedict extensively, Geno is tired of answering the same questions about injuries, etc that he’s had to endure for the last two seasons. When you’re sad & maybe a little depressed, you don’t want to deal with everyday annoyances. I get it.

I like hearing from CD. She brings a different perspective to our view of the inner workings of the team.

Adam Driver Yes GIF by Saturday Night Live

Carnac

Reaction Score
Will CD be handling the media in the future, since she does have a knack for it?
I certainly hope so. Anything (anyone) that can take some of the stress and strain off of Geno right now should be welcome. I don't need to see or hear from Geno right now. I like hearing from CD.

Coaches at all levels in all sprots handle a lot of "internal" matters from both directions, i.e., player's issues and concerns, and administration issues, concerns and edicts/policies that we never hear about (and we shouldn't). I support my coach and his players.

At some point (when he's ready) Geno will return to the daily grind and reassume his normal daily routine. Geno has assembled an excellent staff. Assistant coaches Morgan Valley and Jamelle Elliott have walked a mile in his shoes having been WCBB head coaches themselves. They understand his situation, and of course will "stand shoulder to shoulder in the gap" for him until he recovers.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Geno may be back, but I don't think he is at full strength yet. But as CD said, the team was happy to have him back.

CD knows the ropes and she was running the show last night. Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill.
Sometimes just having your coach back on the bench "in person" is enough. The team understands what's going on with their coach. They've been told by CD what's going on.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Agree, though, I think it’s more than that. When my mom passed, I decided to busy myself by putting together some furniture or something. I started on it fine, but after a minute or two, the instructions just didn’t make any sense to me. They were clear enough, I just couldn’t process it. I sat there reading words and looking at diagrams that should make sense, but just didn’t. Finally, I asked my wife to just come over and read them to get me past a bump in the road or two. A few weeks later I assembled a different but identical piece without any issues.

Grief is really hard, innately personal, and has its own time table for each individual. I’m glad that Geno has decided he’s ready to be back.
About a week after my mom passed, I had an anxiety attack. I stood in front of my closet, confused about what to wear, then I burst into tears. My doctor had to give me a month’s worth of medication to get through it. I’ve learned to live with it, but I don’t know that I’ve ever gotten over it. Mom passed in 1985 at the age of 58.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom