Why is USF in our bracket? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why is USF in our bracket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
It looks to me like that teams that are from a certain area are paired in that area to draw crowds. Storrs UConn ST Francis RU and Seton Hall. Then in the regional a UConn USF final would draw a lot of attention. Kentucky Lville would draw fannies in the seats too. I think this is the committees idea of putting fannies in the seats and money in the NCAAs pockets. JMO

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Why? They knew going in they were not going to be hosting.
Well, we all can have our opinions on this, but USF is not the 6 seed I would want my team to be playing if I was a Cards fan. USF is rated as the #12 team by Sagarin, which as you know, I do put some store by. The other #6 seeds are much worse, George Washington at #23, Texas A&M at #28, and Washington at #34. Granted playing the Huskies out in WA would have been a hike, but I still would have felt more confident playing a team that had lost to Washington State and Cal in Seattle in the last month than a team that has only lost to UConn at home in the last three months.

Just my opinion, and we know sometimes there are surprises in the Tourney, but I'm thinking the high-rated Bulls could be extra tough at home, and maybe Jeff would have been happier if his team was traveling 60 miles further to College Station to play a Texas A&M team that can lose to Missouri at home than going to Tampa.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well, we all can have our opinions on this, but USF is not the 6 seed I would want my team to be playing if I was a Cards fan. USF is rated as the #12 team by Sagarin, which as you know, I do put some store by. The other #6 seeds are much worse, George Washington at #23, Texas A&M at #28, and Washington at #34. Granted playing the Huskies out in WA would have been a hike, but I still would have felt more confident playing a team that had lost to Washington State and Cal in Seattle in the last month than a team that has only lost to UConn at home in the last three months.

Just my opinion, and we know sometimes there are surprises in the Tourney, but I'm thinking the high-rated Bulls could be extra tough at home, and maybe Jeff would have been happier if his team was traveling 60 miles further to College Station to play a Texas A&M team that can lose to Missouri at home than going to Tampa.
Ok, that I'll buy. Your other post didn't read like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom