Why is he playing purvis? | The Boneyard

Why is he playing purvis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Down the stretch. he obviously didn't have it tonight. Turnover, missed shot, bad defense. Anyone else see what I'm seeing?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For the third year in a row Purvis will be a roller coaster for Nov, Dec, Jan.

By Feb and Mar he is solid. Box him up until after President's Day.

Reaction Score
Down the stretch. he obviously didn't have it tonight. Turnover, missed shot, bad defense. Anyone else see what I'm seeing?
Ollie wanted to ride his horse to victory. Just a terrible first night for Purvis, all around except AG, CV & VJ & Wagner. Embarassing

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm seeing the same exact crap from Purvis that happened his first few games his redshirt soph. year. I'm sick of it, it's getting old.

If Ollie doesn't figure out a way to get rid of this clogged toilet offense for the last 3 years, I don't know. This was as awful and uninspired an effort as has become a bit too familiar recently.

I have as much hope for Adams as anyone, I've loved him since his HS days, but he isn't doing much growing, in the mental aspect of the game, either.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I'm not sure Purvis would even get in the rotation on that Wagner team yet he's playing the whole second half. Can't agree more with Mr. French that there's been zero improvement in Purvis since he got here. Same old garbage in season 3.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Purvis is one of these guys that just doesn't get how to play. It's obvious.

He's talented, so he'll have the chance to help, but I'm afraid I don't feel much confidence if we're relying on him in key moments.

Reaction Score
Yet folks on here still get up in arms when Purvis isn't named to preseason lists and All American teams. Its still the same ol same ol with this dude, I would have went with Vital or Jackson over him.

Not me was never impressed with his game. Period. Facey, Brimah and Purvis yeah we need them and that's the problem.

Reaction Score
Well 'Senior' Amida wasn't very impressive either.
In regards to this loss the blame on him lies very low. Brimah wasn't the one losing shooters all over the place, shooting bricks, or committing multiple turnovers with the ball. That is on Purvis and Adams.

Reaction Score
In regards to this loss the blame on him lies very low. Brimah wasn't the one losing shooters all over the place, shooting bricks, or committing multiple turnovers with the ball. That is on Purvis and Adams.
I wasn't blaming him just commenting on how he was not that impressive. His opponent actually outplayed him (or it looked that way).

Reaction Score
I know we tout KO's NBA experience and the "NBA system" he runs. But when you have no more than one player on your roster who can currently sniff the NBA, is that really the kind of system you want to shove 75+ ranked square pegs in to NBA circle holes?

Reaction Score
Tonight Rodney was a turnover machine and bad shooter. Maybe Vital should play instead.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Tonight Rodney was a turnover machine and bad shooter. Maybe Vital should play instead.

Vital played a heck of a lot better in his limited minutes than Purvis did in his ridiculous amount of minutes.

Reaction Score

No but his put backs at 6'11 and rebounds were tremendous. :confused:Let's be sure to keep him from being on of the reasons for the loss. Of course he didn't shoot bricks why would you throw it to him? Hilarious!

Reaction Score
Purvis was physically lethargic and mentally absent. dont get it, but it needs to be the last time he shows up in a game like that

Reaction Score
Vital and Jackson were the only one's with any fire. Maybe Larry near the end. Gilbear was good as well

Reaction Score
No but his put backs at 6'11 and rebounds were tremendous. :confused:Let's be sure to keep him from being on of the reasons for the loss. Of course he didn't shoot bricks why would you throw it to him? Hilarious!
4 years into his college career and he still can't rebound or stay out of foul trouble on the defensive end.

Reaction Score
AB never went to Big Boy Camp, so what did you expect??? That he was going to inhale that
Storrs air and miraculously transform?

Reaction Score
I can't even get mad about Purvis. He is such a good dude and means a ton to the program. I just really hope he can have a good year for his own sake. He can certainly be a productive player, but he (and KO) need to understand his limitations. Running one pNr is one too many.

Reaction Score
And he was a 250ish ranked recruit. His offensive game doesn't even exist. Hasn't produced 1 reliable post move.

He's good on D tho.

Reaction Score

Perimeter D sucked. They dump it in kick it out for a wide open 3. Over and over again.

Reaction Score
Give Enoch more minutes. Let him play through his mistakes and at least he trys to be a scorer. I think our guards and wings will be ok but our big guys might as well have stayed home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom