Why Is Anyone Suprised? Seriously | The Boneyard

Why Is Anyone Suprised? Seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Take the coaching out of it.

They lost a senior QB (not good, but didn't have to learn, either).
They lost an NFL RB.
They lost the two best LB in the history of the school.
They have a new head coach, offensive coordinator, and defensive coordinator.
They were built by a coach who was good at developing what he had and HORRIBLE at finding the kind of players who can carry you through a transition (actual, legit, star players).

Why is anyone shocked they're 2-3? What basis did anyone have to think they'd be any better? What did I miss?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
We lost to WMU, Iowa State, and Vandy. That's why I am surprised. The passing attack (save Vandy) has been quite good this year, and has most of this board expected mcEntee is an upgrade over Frazer. We returned a ton on both lines and have a very good front seven.

Wilburn and Griffin practically lost this game by themselves. We are not talented at all, but have yet to play a team with significantly more talent than we have. 2-3 is a joke.

zls44

Reaction Score
We lost to WMU, Iowa State, and Vandy. That's why I am surprised. The passing attack (save Vandy) has been quite good this year, and has most of this board expected mcEntee is an upgrade over Frazer. We returned a ton on both lines and have a very good front seven.

Why are you surprised we lost to those teams? Are you just looking at names, or do you pay attention to the talent on the teams? Because all three have better players. They do. You don't want to hear it, but they do.

Returning the kids on the lines doesn't matter if the QB struggles and you cannot run the ball. It's more time for the QB to throw INT's. That's all it is.

Reaction Score
I know I over analyze UConn, but I watch games all day and you would be hard pressed to see as dysfuntional an offense as ours. The "heave and hope" approach is tough to watch.

Deleone's offense looks good if you have the appropriate skill players.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Why are you surprised we lost to those teams? Are you just looking at names, or do you pay attention to the talent on the teams? Because all three have better players. They do. You don't want to hear it, but they do.

Returning the kids on the lines doesn't matter if the QB struggles and you cannot run the ball. It's more time for the QB to throw INT's. That's all it is.

Western Michigan definitely had better players. More overall playmakers and speed, IMO.

Iowa State was as slow as molasses and Vandy's lines were worse than Buffalo's. Neither one of those teams were more talented than we were.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I want to know how the F@&$ WMU developed their passing game and figure out how to install it in our offense.

Reaction Score
Understand why fans come late, leave early, or stay in the parking lot?

Reaction Score
The Defense was handed a lead in the 4th quarter in all three losses and coughed it up. As inconsistent as the offense has been. The defense has been more of a problem.
This is the thing that really bothers me...They really never made a stop...this was supposed to be out strength?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Defense was handed a lead in the 4th quarter in all three losses and coughed it up. As inconsistent as the offense has been. The defense has been more of a problem.

The defense, up until yesterday, had been a strength for about three and a half quarters in the previous games. But due to the ineffectiveness of the offense, the defense had spent way too much time on the field. I think they were just worn out late in the previous games.

Yesterday was awful, though, I agree. But WMU was smart enough to go at the least experienced member of the D and it paid off for them. Maybe if Wilbon could have made a couple of plays to make WMU rethink the strategy things would have turned out differently but that's not the way it happened.

Reaction Score
The defense, up until yesterday, has been a strength for about three and a half quarters in the previous games. But due to the ineffectiveness of the offense until yesterday, the defense has spent way too much time on the field. I think they were just worn out late in the previous games.

Yesterday was awful, though, I agree. But WMU was smart enough to go at the least experienced member of the D and it paid off for them. Maybe if Wilbon could have made a couple of plays to make WMU rethink the strategy things would have turned out differently but that's not the way it happened.
In all of the 3 losses the D was given a lead in the 4th quarter and could not stop the opposing team. Buffalo is challenged offensively so while the D was good in that game against anybody with any offense they cannot get a big stop.

zls44

Reaction Score
Maybe if Wilbon could have made a couple of plays to make WMU rethink the strategy things would have turned out differently but that's not the way it happened.

The irony is he only needed to make one play to make them re-think it. Just one play. One.

Reaction Score
Anybody can root for a winner. Takes a real fan to root for UConn football. ;)
You Got It Right On - How does anyone leave the game early ? TV guys even made a comment about fans leaving early.

Reaction Score
The D actually looked solid for portions of this game, especially the 3rd qtr. It's when WMU got a little rhythm and went to their hurry-up that we had no answers.

We lead 24-17 with 12m & change left and then the D completely vanished. Couldn't stop a thing. Frustrating.

Reaction Score
The D actually looked solid for portions of this game, especially the 3rd qtr. It's when WMU got a little rhythm and went to their hurry-up that we had no answers.

We lead 24-17 with 12m & change left and then the D completely vanished. Couldn't stop a thing. Frustrating.

Saw the same thing. It seemed like had push up middle up to that point and then it stopped. Also, outside rush seemed to be too easily guided around QB, push in toward QB and make him circle outside rather than up into the pocket. Makes the throws longer and more off balance. QB did get rid of ball fast, had to tighten up on coverage. Reminded me of when Collaros killed us a couple of years ago.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
, the defense had spent way too much time on the field. I think they were just worn out late in the previous games.

Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul