Why I think UConn will win the NC. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why I think UConn will win the NC.

Reaction Score
Every time i see posts like this handicapping the NC, I give thanks for our program and what the coaching staff has been able to accomplish through the years... of course with the great players we have had.....

It is so hard to win just one NC ... and we have been able to set the standard for what other programs aspire to be.... for that I am grateful to everyone who has come through the program and coached in it....

I too, TonyC, expect us to be there at the end

Reaction Score
Year after year UConn comes out stronger than expected in the fall. Fans on other boards solemnly proclaim it will be all different come March when UConn will fall back into the pack. I read this just yesterday on an Orange SEC board.

Be curious for the basis of the belief that "UConn will fall back into the pack." Especially since it hasn't happened for a decade (Unless making a Final Four constitutes falling back into the pack. If so, that's a very small "pack.") In the last six season UConn has gone 32-2 in the NCAA tournament, winning four championships and losing two games in OT by last second shots. Looks like these "solemn proclamations" are more like wishful thinking.

Reaction Score
After browsing all,l I am feeling somewhat apprehensive. We have a great team, coaches, etc, but blank happens! I hope you fans are correct, but this is basketball and anything can occur. I feel that keys are Megan and Ono's development.......hopefully some other help from the bench. Keep rooting!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Be curious for the basis of the belief that "UConn will fall back into the pack." Especially since it hasn't happened for a decade (Unless making a Final Four constitutes falling back into the pack. If so, that's a very small "pack.") In the last six season UConn has gone 32-2 in the NCAA tournament, winning four championships and losing two games in OT by last second shots. Looks like these "solemn proclamations" are more like wishful thinking.

Exactly wishful thinking. Every fall this thought emerges, like the changing leaves. It, too, falls to the ground.

Reaction Score
Its easy. They have the two best guards in WCBB and 2 AA's in Phessa and Lou and you know what Walker and ONO are on their way to becoming AA's. UConn's quickness, poise, discipline, and team ball will take them all the way. The only thing that can keep UConn from winning it all is injuries and foul trouble.

GO Huskies
makes sense to me...

Reaction Score
Well, I don't think "it's easy."

ND was within 5 points of us until late in the 4th quarter.

Last year, they got killed by Louisville (lost by 30 and the game wasn't that close), and yet they cut down the nets.

ND will be very dangerous in the FF. The five times we have played them in the FF recently, they have won 3.

As I (and others) have said before, we need to bring our "A" game to the FF. If we do, then I believe (barring injury) we will win.

In my judgment, for whatever reason(s), the last two years we did not bring our "A" game.

We shall see.

Reaction Score
Its easy. They have the two best guards in WCBB and 2 AA's in Phessa and Lou and you know what Walker and ONO are on their way to becoming AA's. UConn's quickness, poise, discipline, and team ball will take them all the way. The only thing that can keep UConn from winning it all is injuries and foul trouble.

GO Huskies
@Tonyc----I could agree more and I do. A healthy Uconn is an unbeatable Uconn.

Reaction Score
We have this kid and no one else does.

AR-180129726.jpg&Maxw=960&q=75
@MilfordHusky ---I love everything about MORIAH---ER, ER, DANGERIELD. Each day the distance between them closes. if Geno ever pulled the gold ring--he did it with Crystal and Moriah.

Reaction Score
Well, I don't think "it's easy."

ND was within 5 points of us until late in the 4th quarter.

Last year, they got killed by Louisville (lost by 30 and the game wasn't that close), and yet they cut down the nets.

ND will be very dangerous in the FF. The five times we have played them in the FF recently, they have won 3.

As I (and others) have said before, we need to bring our "A" game to the FF. If we do, then I believe (barring injury) we will win.

In my judgment, for whatever reason(s), the last two years we did not bring our "A" game.

We shall see.
Here we are in late December a few top wins under Geno's belt one of which was amazing, unexpected, unpredicted. We can speculate and evaluate and sigh. As you say we shall see---BUT, as @Tonyc pointed out there am a parcel of talent on that team with speed and determination. I have no problem as of today to put my money where my heart is.
I tried to answer your question about my Geno comment --the tread, it said, was locked.

Reaction Score
It will be another Semifinal match up at the FF. The committee will again rig the seeds so ND And UCONN play each other before the Final because it is better if we give other teams a chance at the title for the growth of the sport...
Rogue---Like that handle. Should it be accurate that the NCAA powers that be do actually manage the Uconn/ND game; know this: those games always make for good drama, good pregame hype and animosity (true or perceived). Drama and un predictable outcomes sell tickets and best yet TV money. It is not good for Women's Basketball, including the WNBA, it is GREAT for Women's basketball. So let them adjust and measure and drive the collision of ND-Uconn--it gets the world talking WCBB!!

Reaction Score
Year after year UConn comes out stronger than expected in the fall. Fans on other boards solemnly proclaim it will be all different come March when UConn will fall back into the pack. I read this just yesterday on an Orange SEC board. The fallacy of this thinking is of course self evident. As if UConn is trapped in amber as everyone else advances. If anything, this is a year when we might see the greatest advances by a UConn team in quite a while given the freshman contributors and a bench that seems to be turning the corner.

I agree! Any Fan for any team after accomplishing what Uconn, in an off year, has accomplished and does not believe the FF/NC is possible or should be the goal--find another sport.
The growth of Uconn's 5 th starter and bench, all, I think it is directly related to a certain Freshmen who has shown them the way and that is play with confidence--you are after all Uconn.

Reaction Score
I agree! Any Fan for any team after accomplishing what Uconn, in an off year, has accomplished and does not believe the FF/NC is possible or should be the goal--find another sport.
The growth of Uconn's 5 th starter and bench, all, I think it is directly related to a certain Freshmen who has shown them the way and that is play with confidence--you are after all Uconn.
I think it is directly related to a certain coach!

Reaction Score
Every starter can comfortably shoot the 3 and take the elbow jumper. That’s something that UConn didn’t have last year. As good as Gabby was, her lack of confidence outside of drives or post moves allowed defenses to clog the paint more. That said, she’s still one of the best and I hope she builds on her magnificent athleticism in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Nothing is 100% and is why they play the games. That said, it took the best effort from our opposition and not well played games by UConn to lose both times barely in OT on last second shots.

Plain and simply we are in the best position than any other team. Is it 100% no, but I think the point is that we are favored and the team to beat.

Reaction Score
Just a couple thoughts from reading the comments...
a. It's mid-December! A lot can happen between now and the NC game that could clarify OR change the entire outlook of the season for any team.
b. College BB (mens and womens) National Championships ARE NOT won in December... :confused:
c. Our Huskies have gotten off to a superb start. They have won every game, including one that most prognosticators thought they might lose...except Massey. BUT, our Huskies got off to the same start the last two seasons and we know how things turned out. :( I AM NOT being pessimistic...just stating fact. :)
d. IF UCONN and ND are the TOP Two overall seeds... The NCAA will not conspire to mess with the tournament brackets to have them meet any sooner than they rightly should...i.e., in the Championship Game. Just think how much of a draw, tickets and TV, etc, a "rematch" in the NC would be between those two teams. '' :cool:

I love the spirit and loyalty being shown by so many to the Huskies...but I would encourage all to "chill" :cool:...let the season play out. I have not looked on other boards, but I can imagine their talk is how UCONN BY Members are already taking the trophy back to Storrs...

I am going to enjoy this season...root for UCONN every game, and be watching all the way through. Should they drop one between now and the big dance...oh well, as long as they end the season on a 6 game winning streak. :);):):cool:

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
I remember the first time I visited this forum was before ND played UCONN in the final 4. I hope Y’all are really confident like y’all were before that game. Because it seems when Y’all doubt Your team like Y’all were a little bit before the ND game a couple weeks ago it put some juju out there. I like it more when Y’all are predicting to wipe the floor with ND. Gives ND better juju haha

Hah, reverse psychology, an old trick...Pulling out all the stops, huh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom