Why Hamilton picks up Rebounds | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why Hamilton picks up Rebounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
DHam probably played hoops in the driveway with his brothers and no one was passing the ball to him. If he wanted the ball, he had to
fight for it. He had to rebound.

C

Chief00

Actually there may be some truth to that (playing with his brothers), quite frankly. As for AD I am not aware that he is close with Hamilton. I do know he knows Facey.

Reaction Score
Rodman was a master at positioning for rebounds at only 6'7" same size. Question, why does a college basketball player who has been told it his entire career and every 5 seconds in a game have to be told "box out"? Isn't that like telling a base runner not to forget to touch the base. Hamilton is often not as directly under the basket as Brimah and Nolan so bricks that bounce over them can be there for him to grab but he has stronger hands and once he gets the ball it stays.

Reaction Score
How was fake hanging out with drummond "miscommunication"?? chief you clearly wrote you and him were "hanging out with uconn b1tchs" IIRC. Just own it

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Length and reach are overrated in terms of rebounding. Strength, technique, and anticipation are bigger factors. Charles Barkley was 6-6 on stilts, but The Round Mound of Rebound averaged almost 12 boards a game over 16 NBA seasons.

Brimah and Facey start their box out strong, but when the ball bounces off the rim, they consistently get pushed under the hoop on their jump. The only rebounds you get there are ones that go through the basket.

Reaction Score
How was fake hanging out with drummond "miscommunication"?? chief you clearly wrote you and him were "hanging out with uconn b1tchs" IIRC. Just own it

Let's leave this one as dead. No more reminders are necessary James, c'mon.

Reaction Score
Length and reach are overrated in terms of rebounding. Strength, technique, and anticipation are bigger factors. Charles Barkley was 6-6 on stilts, but The Round Mound of Rebound averaged almost 12 boards a game over 16 NBA seasons.

Brimah and Facey start their box out strong, but when the ball bounces off the rim, they get pushed under the hoop on their jump. The only rebounds you get there are ones that go through the basket.

They really don't box out enough to say anything about their "strength" in technique. Hardly ever will you see them find someone to bounce around or keep away. If you're boxing out, no matter how much stringer the other guy is or even bigger, your base can keep most off the boards. This isn't about technique (for others it is I agree) all that much for them, it's about just doing it. They can jump so they think that's all they need, they don't always get it. Not to say that most of what you say certainly has some truth to it. But all in all, consistency and effort is a common theme to those who are successful.

Reaction Score
Sometimes "the voices" that give Chief his insights are less than insightful.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He's wiry-strong, very agile, and aggressive. Add in a knack/savvy for reacting to the shot, and you get a great rebounder.

The fact that he leads the league in rebounding BECAUSE none of our 6'10 bigs can grab 6/game, iT's ridiculous.

Fixed it for you.

C

Chief00

Plans changed.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If people think it's useful I can address what happens after he gets a rebound vs what other guys do - early next week. I hope this all helps.
I would find this useful but suggest that Henrietta P u ssycat teach this lesson to mix it up a bit.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thought the analysis by people, after the first few darts thrown by posters, was insightful. And thank goodness no one made the suggestion that DHam is getting private lessons from Clyde Vaughn.

C

Chief00

Plans changed.

Agree the obsession some posters have with celebrities is concerning - when I went to UConn I knew quite a few players and a couple coaches and it was no big deal. Perhaps because we use to play basketball together during the offseason.
Now the fact a guys social plans change brings disproportionate disappointment to the usual crowd. They need to get a life.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Now the fact a guys social plans change brings disproportionate disappointment to the usual crowd. They need to get a life.
I think you are misreading the reaction here. For most of us it was the exact opposite of disappointment. Speaking for myself, it was one of the highlights of this season.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
You only need to watch the game and what each player does to know who has the superior basketball IQ of those 3, and it's not close. You're point on offensive rebounding is well taken though but part of that would be served by how much he has the ball in compared to those 2 who get to camp down low and make things happen on the block. As a whole, we have blown on the offensive end rebounding.

I can't argue anything in your reply. I was just questioning the OP's notion that DHam is a "superior offensive rebounder". My points, admittedly not very well conveyed, was:

A) We don't have a superior offensive rebounder, and I'm not sure we have one that is above average
B) KF is clearly our best offensive rebounder
C) DHam averages one offensive board every 29 minutes - how can that be considered superior?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Plans changed.

Agree the obsession some posters have with celebrities is concerning - when I went to UConn I knew quite a few players and a couple coaches and it was no big deal. Perhaps because we use to play basketball together during the offseason.

If only the thread hadn't been deleted and we could all go back and read your lies in all their glory.

Seems to me the one who feels the need to lie about things would be the one obsessed with celebrity.

The one who pretends to have inside information the one who is pathetic.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're clueless

LOL - too bad the thread is deleted right? You flat out argued with people who said it wasn't true - you told them you had already seen him.

It's pathetic lying - but keep
doubling down, while attacking others.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Advanced stats have tried to answer this question. For example, last year Lance Stephenson led the Pacers in rebounding while Roy Hibbert averaged like 5 per game. Advanced stats showed us that Roy Hibbert's diligent block outs and the fact that he is just really big made the Pacers a really good rebounding team with him on the floor and an awful one with him on the bench. I haven't seen much of UConn recently, but that dynamic could be similar with Brimah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom